American Economy Going down again - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #21
Tranny Tom
Switcheroo
 
Tranny Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Southfield
Posts: 3,849
iTrader: (55)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Are you serious? I mean are you really serious with this post?

You know people who work 3 or 4 jobs and still are on EBT's and that's ok to you?

I am speechless and if there is one thing that is fucking amazing it's when you are able to make me fucking speechless.

I mean seriously, it's ok to you that people are going to college and then eating off an EBT? I mean seriously?


It's ok to you that I go to work, work my ass off, see over 20-25% of my income go up in smoke so that I can pay for some stupid mother fucker who is too god damned stupid or lazy to go out and pay his own fucking way? Really? seriously? you have got to be fucking kidding me, that's ok to you?

You know what, when I graduated high school (barely) I worked construction over the summer to fucking buy things, I worked 70 hr weeks, in knee deep mud, sweltering heat, dug holes in rock hard clay, and sweat my fucking ass off, so I could have money in the bank thru the school year, because I fucking wanted something. I wanted a college education, at times I didn't want to finish, and didn't go to class, and fucked up, and then reality sunk back in as I was getting sunburned beyond belief, and was dehydrated, and carrying wall panels around that weighed as much as I did, covered in concrete, and dust and dirt and sweat, because I fucking wanted something. And pooring basement walls wasn't it.

Are you fucking serious? You are ok with EBT's? Really?

You want food? GO get a FUCKING job, turn off your cell phone, turn in your excalade, stop buying smokes, and go buy some fucking food.

Instead, after I worked my ass off in college, I earned a degree, went out and got a job, and now? I work my ass off, I'm in the office at 7am most days, I stay till 5pm, I sit in an hour of rush hour traffic, I get back on my lap top most nights for an additional 1-3 hrs after I put my son to bed, and I fucking WORK. why? so I can feed myself, my son, and every lazy motherfucking peice of shit who is on an EBT. with MY fucking tax dollars.

I paid over $25,000 in fucking taxes in 2010, $25,000 that would have fed my family, but instead fed some lazy fucker who the government awarded a fucking EBT card too....and your ok with that?

Lemme guess, you qualify for the "earned income credit" and get back more in taxes than you even pay in every year....well, you're welcome. You can thank me, and let all your freinds who are on an EBT know that I am glad I could put food on their fucking plate too.

Mr. Gottler is right, fuck these college students, figure it the fukc out! You want it, figure out how to get it, student loans, grants, scholarships, etc. if you want it bad enough you can figure out a fucking way to make it happen, if you can't then fukc you.

Awww I feel so bad for the poor kid who's trying to stay on mommy and daddy's insurance but just cant cut the mustard, you know what? go fukc yourself too.
I love you. Can we have relations soon?
Tranny Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #22
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,508
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
On the other hand, why you guys even respond to rockstar's ridiculously retarded posts is beyond me.
Didn't i tell you, GO FAG YOURSELF!!
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #23
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,801
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranny Tom View Post
I love you. Can we have relations soon?
Anytime. I am working in southfield again just down the street.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #24
88WRANGLERYJ
jeeper
 
88WRANGLERYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-25-07
Location: Oxford MI
Posts: 551
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I agree completely with kickstand here. I'm paying my way through Lawrence Tech (probably one of the most expensive schools in our state) right now with a shit ton of scholarship money, because I didn't fukc around in high school and got good grades, and little to no loans. I can afford to eat on my own dime, can't afford much else but that's how college is. I know way to many kids that get fuckin bridge cards so they can spend the money their parents give them on booze. I find time to go to school full time, play hockey, and make enough money to get by. Unfortunately most kids have them because they can, not because they need them.
88WRANGLERYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #25
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,801
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

88wrangleryj I work acrossed the highway from you in the towncenter buildings, hit me up, I'll buy you lunch some day.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #26
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I worked my way through college and didn't need help

I work really hard now and don't need help

Why should I have to pay for other people's "Screw ups"?

Can I be a little more clear in saying, as I already have, that I don't think College students should get them? Did I not type what I thought in the last two responses? I'm pretty sure I did.

I'm glad that you've worked so hard for everything you have. I am in the same boat. I've worked just as hard to get to where I am. If you have an issue with what your taxes go to then do something about it. If you're such a hard working and motivated individual why don't you try and change that? Instead of typing up a book on how you are so great and how you made it. Good for you.

I guess I can realize that not everybody is as awesome a person as you are. Not everybody can get ONE job let alone 2 or 3 to provide for thier family. I'm against the idea of EBT, I just realize that, in our screwed up government, it can be used to help people. Are you that against Helping people? Because, from the sounds of it, you don't want to help any person struggling. The only reason being is that you made it through. Pretty egocentric if you ask me.

I don't think it's the governments job to show compassion on people that need help but I don't think they have a choice because so many have the attitude that "I made it, so you can to". Maybe I'm young and Idealistic but I see paying my taxes (which I do regularly, just like you) as, at least, giving SOMEBODY the means to help people that need it. That's beyond what I give to different charities and NOn-profits.

There is a point where we need to say enough is enough but to clump every person that has an EBT card into "Dump and Useless" is just about as Dump and useless as you think they are. The balance is off, and that needs to get fixed. But there are families out there that work hard and use this program the way it should be used.

I also don't qualify for the Tax credit. I make too much.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #27
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Are you serious? I mean are you really serious with this post?

You know people who work 3 or 4 jobs and still are on EBT's and that's ok to you?

I am speechless and if there is one thing that is fucking amazing it's when you are able to make me fucking speechless.

I mean seriously, it's ok to you that people are going to college and then eating off an EBT? I mean seriously?


It's ok to you that I go to work, work my ass off, see over 20-25% of my income go up in smoke so that I can pay for some stupid mother fucker who is too god damned stupid or lazy to go out and pay his own fucking way? Really? seriously? you have got to be fucking kidding me, that's ok to you?

You know what, when I graduated high school (barely) I worked construction over the summer to fucking buy things, I worked 70 hr weeks, in knee deep mud, sweltering heat, dug holes in rock hard clay, and sweat my fucking ass off, so I could have money in the bank thru the school year, because I fucking wanted something. I wanted a college education, at times I didn't want to finish, and didn't go to class, and fucked up, and then reality sunk back in as I was getting sunburned beyond belief, and was dehydrated, and carrying wall panels around that weighed as much as I did, covered in concrete, and dust and dirt and sweat, because I fucking wanted something. And pooring basement walls wasn't it.

Are you fucking serious? You are ok with EBT's? Really?

You want food? GO get a FUCKING job, turn off your cell phone, turn in your excalade, stop buying smokes, and go buy some fucking food.

Instead, after I worked my ass off in college, I earned a degree, went out and got a job, and now? I work my ass off, I'm in the office at 7am most days, I stay till 5pm, I sit in an hour of rush hour traffic, I get back on my lap top most nights for an additional 1-3 hrs after I put my son to bed, and I fucking WORK. why? so I can feed myself, my son, and every lazy motherfucking peice of shit who is on an EBT. with MY fucking tax dollars.

I paid over $25,000 in fucking taxes in 2010, $25,000 that would have fed my family, but instead fed some lazy fucker who the government awarded a fucking EBT card too....and your ok with that?

Lemme guess, you qualify for the "earned income credit" and get back more in taxes than you even pay in every year....well, you're welcome. You can thank me, and let all your freinds who are on an EBT know that I am glad I could put food on their fucking plate too.

Mr. Gottler is right, fuck these college students, figure it the fukc out! You want it, figure out how to get it, student loans, grants, scholarships, etc. if you want it bad enough you can figure out a fucking way to make it happen, if you can't then fukc you.

Awww I feel so bad for the poor kid who's trying to stay on mommy and daddy's insurance but just cant cut the mustard, you know what? go fukc yourself too.
This is the one of the best posts ever, but I can't seem to get that part out of my mind. Sorry.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #28
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,091
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Are you serious? I mean are you really serious with this post?

You know people who work 3 or 4 jobs and still are on EBT's and that's ok to you?

I am speechless and if there is one thing that is fucking amazing it's when you are able to make me fucking speechless.

I mean seriously, it's ok to you that people are going to college and then eating off an EBT? I mean seriously?


It's ok to you that I go to work, work my ass off, see over 20-25% of my income go up in smoke so that I can pay for some stupid mother fucker who is too god damned stupid or lazy to go out and pay his own fucking way? Really? seriously? you have got to be fucking kidding me, that's ok to you?

You know what, when I graduated high school (barely) I worked construction over the summer to fucking buy things, I worked 70 hr weeks, in knee deep mud, sweltering heat, dug holes in rock hard clay, and sweat my fucking ass off, so I could have money in the bank thru the school year, because I fucking wanted something. I wanted a college education, at times I didn't want to finish, and didn't go to class, and fucked up, and then reality sunk back in as I was getting sunburned beyond belief, and was dehydrated, and carrying wall panels around that weighed as much as I did, covered in concrete, and dust and dirt and sweat, because I fucking wanted something. And pooring basement walls wasn't it.

Are you fucking serious? You are ok with EBT's? Really?

You want food? GO get a FUCKING job, turn off your cell phone, turn in your excalade, stop buying smokes, and go buy some fucking food.

Instead, after I worked my ass off in college, I earned a degree, went out and got a job, and now? I work my ass off, I'm in the office at 7am most days, I stay till 5pm, I sit in an hour of rush hour traffic, I get back on my lap top most nights for an additional 1-3 hrs after I put my son to bed, and I fucking WORK. why? so I can feed myself, my son, and every lazy motherfucking peice of shit who is on an EBT. with MY fucking tax dollars.

I paid over $25,000 in fucking taxes in 2010, $25,000 that would have fed my family, but instead fed some lazy fucker who the government awarded a fucking EBT card too....and your ok with that?

Lemme guess, you qualify for the "earned income credit" and get back more in taxes than you even pay in every year....well, you're welcome. You can thank me, and let all your freinds who are on an EBT know that I am glad I could put food on their fucking plate too.

Mr. Gottler is right, fuck these college students, figure it the fukc out! You want it, figure out how to get it, student loans, grants, scholarships, etc. if you want it bad enough you can figure out a fucking way to make it happen, if you can't then fukc you.

Awww I feel so bad for the poor kid who's trying to stay on mommy and daddy's insurance but just cant cut the mustard, you know what? go fukc yourself too.
Amen. Couldn't have said it any better.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #29
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Can I be a little more clear in saying, as I already have, that I don't think College students should get them? Did I not type what I thought in the last two responses? I'm pretty sure I did.

I'm glad that you've worked so hard for everything you have. I am in the same boat. I've worked just as hard to get to where I am. If you have an issue with what your taxes go to then do something about it. If you're such a hard working and motivated individual why don't you try and change that? Instead of typing up a book on how you are so great and how you made it. Good for you.

I guess I can realize that not everybody is as awesome a person as you are. Not everybody can get ONE job let alone 2 or 3 to provide for thier family. I'm against the idea of EBT, I just realize that, in our screwed up government, it can be used to help people. Are you that against Helping people? Because, from the sounds of it, you don't want to help any person struggling. The only reason being is that you made it through. Pretty egocentric if you ask me.

I don't think it's the governments job to show compassion on people that need help but I don't think they have a choice because so many have the attitude that "I made it, so you can to". Maybe I'm young and Idealistic but I see paying my taxes (which I do regularly, just like you) as, at least, giving SOMEBODY the means to help people that need it. That's beyond what I give to different charities and NOn-profits.

There is a point where we need to say enough is enough but to clump every person that has an EBT card into "Dump and Useless" is just about as Dump and useless as you think they are. The balance is off, and that needs to get fixed. But there are families out there that work hard and use this program the way it should be used.

I also don't qualify for the Tax credit. I make too much.
There should be no EBT or any other government handouts....EVER!!
It's not the governments job, and it's against the law.

If people need help or a hand up, they should go to the private charities that you speak so highly of. Thats what their there for. Of heaven for bid, family.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #30
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Didn't i tell you, GO FAG YOURSELF!!
He's right again. I don't know why I bother.
Maybe it's just fear that someone will believe and pass on the bullshit you say. You really are clueless.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #31
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,801
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Can I be a little more clear in saying, as I already have, that I don't think College students should get them? Did I not type what I thought in the last two responses? I'm pretty sure I did.

I'm glad that you've worked so hard for everything you have. I am in the same boat. I've worked just as hard to get to where I am. If you have an issue with what your taxes go to then do something about it. If you're such a hard working and motivated individual why don't you try and change that? Instead of typing up a book on how you are so great and how you made it. Good for you.

I guess I can realize that not everybody is as awesome a person as you are. Not everybody can get ONE job let alone 2 or 3 to provide for thier family. I'm against the idea of EBT, I just realize that, in our screwed up government, it can be used to help people. Are you that against Helping people? Because, from the sounds of it, you don't want to help any person struggling. The only reason being is that you made it through. Pretty egocentric if you ask me.

I don't think it's the governments job to show compassion on people that need help but I don't think they have a choice because so many have the attitude that "I made it, so you can to". Maybe I'm young and Idealistic but I see paying my taxes (which I do regularly, just like you) as, at least, giving SOMEBODY the means to help people that need it. That's beyond what I give to different charities and NOn-profits.

There is a point where we need to say enough is enough but to clump every person that has an EBT card into "Dump and Useless" is just about as Dump and useless as you think they are. The balance is off, and that needs to get fixed. But there are families out there that work hard and use this program the way it should be used.

I also don't qualify for the Tax credit. I make too much.
see, my rant, wasn't filled with the sarcastic tone I'm getting from you. And I really don't like smartasses.

If you can't provide for your family you find a way, I'm sorry, I don't believe in the whole have compassion for worthless losers who don't try hard enough.

There IS a way, or you shouldn't have put yourself in the position you have put yourself in. Plain, and simple.

I have a brother who runs a small business, he's gone through tough times, he found a way. I have a girlfriend who was laid off, instead of collecting unemployment she started her own business, works 5am-9pm daily, I make love to stan, and he works.

FUCK GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE AND fukc HELPING PEOPLE OUT, IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO FUCKING GET IT.

People like you are the problem with america, being compassionate, and bitching about donating to charity, and helping the needy, and helping those less fortunate.

You know why I am NOT less fortunate? Because I work my fucking ass off so I can have things.

You know why they are "less fortunate" because they chose their fucking path, they didn't get off their ass, so now we should provide for them? FUCK that.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #32
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The Joke is on you.. I seen the Local Kroger Sales, EBTs are 3 to 1 on Cash Sales
Ok, one more time.

What the fukc does that have to do with price? A sale is a sale, sales have not INCREASED because of EBT. Demand does not increase because of it. It's a sale.

Lets try this...

Store sold 100 apples last year for cash. Sold 10 apples to people on EBT.
This year the store sold 100 apples to EBT, 10 apples for cash.

The store or the produce supplier doesn't give a fukc where the payment came from. They don't increase the price because they were payed by EBT. More apples are not sold because of EBT.

We wont get into the finer points of why prices change because of EBT. You wont understand.

Last edited by Stan; February 18th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #33
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,801
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Ok, one more time.

What the fukc does that have to do with price? A sale is a sale, sales have not INCREASED because of EBT. Demand does not increase because of it. It's a sale.
ignore list, you really should use it hahaha
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #34
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
ignore list, you really should use it hahaha
Yes I know.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #35
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
There should be no EBT or any other government handouts....EVER!!
It's not the governments job, and it's against the law.

If people need help or a hand up, they should go to the private charities that you speak so highly of. Thats what their there for. Of heaven for bid, family.
I agree. In theory that works. How can a Charity help when it can't get enough support because people have to "Make it on thier own first"? God forbid we sacrifice one of our comforts for people in need. LIke I said, Your thought process is valid in a theory. IN practicality, right now, it's not that valid.

I stated that it's not the Governments job, I also said that I don't think they have a choice at the moment. In theory, the government is to do the will of the people. If the majority of the people need help then wouldn't the government reflect that? I would somise that it already does and that's why we need to fix the system. To many people are becoming dependent on this and becoming lazy in the process.

You guys think I'm against you and I think we should give all our money away, I'm just being realistic. I'm tired of talking about "Should" and want to talk about what we can do right now.

If we were to cut EBT right now people would start to get desperate. Weather or not they should is not up for debate, but I can guess that once that little orange card stops working they will get desperate. Some may find a minimal job through it but I would wager that most would try the easy way. Stealing, Robbing, ETC.

Now, if we cut EBT right now, that will be millions of lost money for food producers. Food prices will skyrocket. So, for us that 'just make it' right now we'll be screwed. We could get another job but the already saturated job seeking market will be over flowing from people trying to provide for thier families in lue of the cut of EBT. That will reflect on to people like you guys that can make it. It's a Downward spiral.

I would love for them to get rid of the program but I think there is more to it then just cutting it off. So many people say "they made it through the great depression, so can we" well, I think they understood the idea of community a bit more then we do. If you had extra money, you helped people out. You didn't go buy something for your truck, or whatever. You took the extra money you were blessed with and helped those less fortunate. We don't have that mindset anymore and that's one of the main reasons we're at where we're at.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #36
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I agree. In theory that works. How can a Charity help when it can't get enough support because people have to "Make it on thier own first"? God forbid we sacrifice one of our comforts for people in need. LIke I said, Your thought process is valid in a theory. IN practicality, right now, it's not that valid. My theory is sound, has been to hundreds of years.

I stated that it's not the Governments job, I also said that I don't think they have a choice at the moment. In theory, the government is to do the will of the people. If the majority of the people need help then wouldn't the government reflect that? I would somise that it already does and that's why we need to fix the system. To many people are becoming dependent on this and becoming lazy in the process. We are a nation of laws not men.

You guys think I'm against you and I think we should give all our money away, I'm just being realistic. I'm tired of talking about "Should" and want to talk about what we can do right now.

If we were to cut EBT right now people would start to get desperate. Weather or not they should is not up for debate, but I can guess that once that little orange card stops working they will get desperate. Some may find a minimal job through it but I would wager that most would try the easy way. Stealing, Robbing, ETC. That little card can not work forever, when do we put an end to it? How about NOW.

Now, if we cut EBT right now, that will be millions of lost money for food producers. Food prices will skyrocket. So, for us that 'just make it' right now we'll be screwed. We could get another job but the already saturated job seeking market will be over flowing from people trying to provide for thier families in lue of the cut of EBT. That will reflect on to people like you guys that can make it. It's a Downward spiral. Food prices will NOT skyrocket, they will fall. I know first hand that jobs are out there. A lot of them.

I would love for them to get rid of the program but I think there is more to it then just cutting it off. So many people say "they made it through the great depression, so can we" well, I think they understood the idea of community a bit more then we do. If you had extra money, you helped people out. You didn't go buy something for your truck, or whatever. You took the extra money you were blessed with and helped those less fortunate. We don't have that mindset anymore and that's one of the main reasons we're at where we're at.
It's about time people learn that mindset again. No better time than NOW.


I wont call you a progressive, even thou you are close with your bleeding heart.
But it's time the progressives, Sova, PeteC, etc. Get it through their head that the money I, we, make is OURS. Stop stealing it, that is exactly what the government is doing. Stealing at the point of a gun.

Last edited by Stan; February 18th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #37
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
see, my rant, wasn't filled with the sarcastic tone I'm getting from you. And I really don't like smartasses.

If you can't provide for your family you find a way, I'm sorry, I don't believe in the whole have compassion for worthless losers who don't try hard enough.

There IS a way, or you shouldn't have put yourself in the position you have put yourself in. Plain, and simple.

I have a brother who runs a small business, he's gone through tough times, he found a way. I have a girlfriend who was laid off, instead of collecting unemployment she started her own business, works 5am-9pm daily, I make love to stan, and he works.

FUCK GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE AND fukc HELPING PEOPLE OUT, IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO FUCKING GET IT.

People like you are the problem with america, being compassionate, and bitching about donating to charity, and helping the needy, and helping those less fortunate.

You know why I am NOT less fortunate? Because I work my fucking ass off so I can have things.

You know why they are "less fortunate" because they chose their fucking path, they didn't get off their ass, so now we should provide for them? FUCK that.
People like me helped get us through the great depression. People that realized that it's our duty as American citizens to help other American Citizens. To look beyond our selves. You're attitude about the whole situation is pretty selfish and that's not how we made it through the Depression and became what we became. People like you are the reason we're in the place we are. IF you think I'm wrong go ask some old people that made it through. They'll tell you it was because people banded together through community and helped each other. Not because they told everbody to go fukc off and kept everything to them selves.

Not everybody can work hard and get through. It's that simple. I know Your idea makes sense to you, but you have a job. You "made it" good for you. Not everybody can. How can they when there aren't the jobs to work? Do you really think there are enough jobs for everybody to get by? Have you tried to get a job in the last 3 years? I know the majority of people that I know that use EBT would get a better job if they could but they just can't. Look beyond your situation that you've been blessed with and realize that some people aren't as fortunate.

Also, I was being sarcastic because you were being sarcastic.

Last edited by L4CX; February 18th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #38
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
It's about time people learn that mindset again. No better time than NOW.
I am saying it needs to be a gradual step process. Like anything else in business or politics. First we cut the College students, then we cut _____, Then we cut ______. Eventually you don't have people using it anymore. Somebody that thinks we can just cut things like this with out any major repercussions is foolish. That's not how it works. You can't stop a fully loaded gravel train on a dime and you sure as heck can't stop something like this in one swoop. This, of course, doesn't cater to our cultures gratification limits though. We want everything now. Another thing that was lost from the Great Depression.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #39
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
People like me helped get us through the great depression. People that realized that it's our duty as American citizens to help other American Citizens. To look beyond our selves. You're attitude about the whole situation is pretty selfish and that's not how we made it through the Depression and became what we became. People like you are the reason we're in the place we are. IF you think I'm wrong go ask some old people that made it through. They'll tell you it was because people banded together through community and helped each other. Not because they told everbody to go fukc off and kept everything to them selves.

Not everybody can work hard and get through. It's that simple. I know Your idea makes sense to you, but you have a job. You "made it" good for you. Not everybody can. How can they when there aren't the jobs to work? Do you really think there are enough jobs for everybody to get by? Have you tried to get a job in the last 3 years? I know the majority of people that I know that use EBT would get a better job if they could but they just can't. Look beyond your situation that you've been blessed with and realize that some people aren't as fortunate.

Also, I was being sarcastic because you were being sarcastic. I only did it with less F-words and used my higher vocabulary skills.
Here's the problem. People like Kickstand, myself and many others are not opposed to helping people. But not by force.
The American people are the most giving in the world, period.

I do believe we all need to stick together and help each other become the best we can be, but not by FORCE.
This needs to be a local issue where money can be accounted for, the government destroys EVERYTHING it touches.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #40
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I am saying it needs to be a gradual step process. Like anything else in business or politics. First we cut the College students, then we cut _____, Then we cut ______. Eventually you don't have people using it anymore. Somebody that thinks we can just cut things like this with out any major repercussions is foolish. That's not how it works. You can't stop a fully loaded gravel train on a dime and you sure as heck can't stop something like this in one swoop. This, of course, doesn't cater to our cultures gratification limits though. We want everything now. Another thing that was lost from the Great Depression.
I never said it wouldn't be hard. This country will be turned upside down. Bad things will happen.
If we don't do it we wont have much of a free country for long. What will happen then?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.69694 seconds with 80 queries