ObamaCare Key Points - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #21
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
i never said our healthcare was cheap. quality cost alot.
when health care is free you will get what you pay for, bad health care.

our health care is the best in the world. the fact that some americans are not healthy is often their choice. you and i both are classic examples of this. neither one of us are in good physical shape. we could take better care of ourselves. we are free to make this choice. even obama cant take that away.
if we choose to eat bad foods its our choice. if we choose to drink a few beers its our choice.
we must sleep in the bed we make for ourselves.

we are not the healthiest nation on earth because we choose not to be.

many of the people not covered in our country choose not to be covered. this choice is made by some that just choose not to work(lazy, drug addicted, drunks, bums, ect...).

some others choose not to be insured because they are young and healthy, and dont want to waste their money on something they wont use(i dont blame them, i did the same thing).

still many others counted on the list of the uninsured are illegal immigrants(they should go hospital in their own country).

many other uninsured people claim they cant afford it.
i bet they got cable tv though. i bet they eat out 2 or 3 times a week. ill bet they got a nice new iphone. i bet their computer is nicer than mine. i bet they got a nice car in the drive. some people just aint gonna pay for it. they could afford it, they just choose not to.

some others are just down on the their luck. they deserve a break.
most americans would gladly help them out for a short period of time.
unfortunately the other people that could afford insurance ruined it for the people that deserve a helping hand. the next part of the problem is obama wont give a helping hand.
he gives hand outs(permanent ones). anything that is free in not respected.

the saddest part is the left wont just try to help the few that truely need it.

they feel the need to force their "reforms" on a nation in an effort to control billions of dollars, and millions of lives. one great thing about america is everyone is insured. even those that choose not to be. anyone can walk into a hospital and get care. the only people you see dying in the streets of america are those that choose not to get help.

i have walked into a hospital without insurance or money.
they treated me very well.
the doctor never asked for money to help me out.
thats the true beauty of america!

you can claim americans want health care reform all you want.
we know your just repeating the lies of the left.
in a nutshell
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #22
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
i never said our healthcare was cheap. quality cost alot.
when health care is free you will get what you pay for, bad health care.

our health care is the best in the world. the fact that some americans are not healthy is often their choice. you and i both are classic examples of this. neither one of us are in good physical shape. we could take better care of ourselves. we are free to make this choice. even obama cant take that away.
if we choose to eat bad foods its our choice. if we choose to drink a few beers its our choice.
we must sleep in the bed we make for ourselves.

we are not the healthiest nation on earth because we choose not to be.

many of the people not covered in our country choose not to be covered. this choice is made by some that just choose not to work(lazy, drug addicted, drunks, bums, ect...).

some others choose not to be insured because they are young and healthy, and dont want to waste their money on something they wont use(i dont blame them, i did the same thing).

still many others counted on the list of the uninsured are illegal immigrants(they should go hospital in their own country).

many other uninsured people claim they cant afford it.
i bet they got cable tv though. i bet they eat out 2 or 3 times a week. ill bet they got a nice new iphone. i bet their computer is nicer than mine. i bet they got a nice car in the drive. some people just aint gonna pay for it. they could afford it, they just choose not to.

some others are just down on the their luck. they deserve a break.
most americans would gladly help them out for a short period of time.
unfortunately the other people that could afford insurance ruined it for the people that deserve a helping hand. the next part of the problem is obama wont give a helping hand.
he gives hand outs(permanent ones). anything that is free in not respected.

the saddest part is the left wont just try to help the few that truely need it.

they feel the need to force their "reforms" on a nation in an effort to control billions of dollars, and millions of lives.

one great thing about america is everyone is insured. even those that choose not to be. anyone can walk into a hospital and get care. the only people you see dying in the streets of america are those that choose not to get help.

i have walked into a hospital without insurance or money.
they treated me very well.
the doctor never asked for money to help me out.
thats the true beauty of america!

you can claim americans want health care reform all you want.
we know your just repeating the lies of the left.
Most of that is probably true, and yet still nothing to back up the claim that we have the best health care.

My claim that only about 25% want to completely go back to our old system comes from the Fox News piece that Aber posted.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #23
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,606
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Check this out.

Make sure you read the news article at the bottom. Cliff notes is that Obama is a communist, that has been groomed by the Russians... That this was back in 1992
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #24
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Check this out.

Make sure you read the news article at the bottom. Cliff notes is that Obama is a communist, that has been groomed by the Russians... That this was back in 1992
That has nothing to do with healthcare either.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #25
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Most of that is probably true, and yet still nothing to back up the claim that we have the best health care.

My claim that only about 25% want to completely go back to our old system comes from the Fox News piece that Aber posted.
Nothing to back up the claim that we have the best health care? Who has better health care (not insurance) than us? I dont think the fact that our healthcare is the best isnt even a question. It is the cost of insur that was supposed to be the factor behind this bill.

The fact that the quality of care and the cost of insur will go up is result of government intervention. When has the government not screwed something up that they interfered in? SS is doing just great isnt it? Nation wide budget problems. Thats fine too I guess. National debt out of control. Who cares? They federal government holds tax dollars (they are suposed to return to us) hostage until we comply with them. Thats cool too, right? Who cares if it was our money?



Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
That has nothing to do with healthcare either.
Sure it does. It is about Obama. He is the one that pushed for the healthcare bill and signed it. It has everything to do with it.


Bruce please hide reset and hide your password so Pete cant log in under your name.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #26
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,606
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
That has nothing to do with healthcare either.
Sure it does. It shows why Obama is trying to make the USA the little bitch to Communist Russia, and China.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #27
pizzaman
Senior Member
 
pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Independence Twsp, North Oakland County
Posts: 948
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
Bruce please hide reset and hide your password so Pete cant log in under your name.
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #28
Porter
.........................
 
Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-07
Location: Romeo
Posts: 16,940
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default Hmmmmmmm

Dear Government,


Stay the F U C K out of my fucking life.

Keep your fucking healthcare and leave mine the F U C K alone. F U C K you and your socialists ways. If you liked the new healthcare so fucking much, then you would have made it for yourself too.

F U C K you for thinking you know what is best for me. I didn't vote for your fucking ass, and I sure as F U C K don't want your fucking opinion, healthcare, or you fucking taking care of me.

Fuck you, and F U C K you.


- Taxpayer
__________________
Dirty Minds Jeep Club

DMJC WEBSITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
so yeah what Ross said...
Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #29
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
Dear Government,


Stay the F U C K out of my fucking life.

Keep your fucking healthcare and leave mine the F U C K alone. F U C K you and your socialists ways. If you liked the new healthcare so fucking much, then you would have made it for yourself too.

F U C K you for thinking you know what is best for me. I didn't vote for your fucking ass, and I sure as F U C K don't want your fucking opinion, healthcare, or you fucking taking care of me.

Fuck you, and F U C K you.


- Taxpayer
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #30
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,959
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
By what measure are you claiming our health care to be the best? By every measure we pay more than any other country, cover a lower percentage of our citizens than any other industrial nation, and yet are not the healthiest. Our health care may be the best for those that can afford it, but fewer and fewer can.
I've beaten the dead horse on how/why our healthcare is in fact the best (despite the fact that the typical American lifestyle is in fact among the least healthy)

As for providing coverage. How do you define that 'coverage'? Like it or not, socialized medicine in other countries may provide "blanket coverage" but have rationing and/or supply chain problems when it comes to actually having many different life saving procedures.

As for the comparison of the cost of providing those services vs. the measure of our own health. Are you seriously suggesting that great healthcare = greathealth?

We are not the healthiest for a billion reasons having nothing to do with our healthcare system or the cost thereof.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #31
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,959
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Bruce, here's an article referencing healthcare in the US prior to obamacare

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...to_our_health/

Quote:
By one metric after another — cancer survival rates, performance of diagnostic tests, availability of CT and MRI scanners, consultation with specialists — US health care is superior. “British state-run health care,’’ Bartholomew concluded, “is so amazingly, achingly, miserably, and mortally incompetent.’’
Rassmussen repeal polls (and trendlines)
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ealth_care_law

I had another article that has since expired, that spent considerable time going through WHO statistics and how useless they are in evaluating healthcare metrics.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #32
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Black conservatives also want to repeal Obamacare

http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-...re_011911.html
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #33
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Republicans have a health care plan that they wanted to give to but it was shot down. Maybe now they will have to accept all or part of the new plan

aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #34
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
Bruce, here's an article referencing healthcare in the US prior to obamacare

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...to_our_health/



Rassmussen repeal polls (and trendlines)
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ealth_care_law

I had another article that has since expired, that spent considerable time going through WHO statistics and how useless they are in evaluating healthcare metrics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Black conservatives also want to repeal Obamacare

http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-...re_011911.html
Those are just words. They mean nothing. If Obama says it is good for us you must do as he says. If not you must be a racist.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #35
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Votes are in to repeal obamacare

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll014.xml
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #36
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Republicans have a health care plan that they wanted to give to but it was shot down. Maybe now they will have to accept all or part of the new plan

YouTube - Broun appears on Cavuto
He must be a racist if he opposes Obamacare.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #37
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

House got the votes to pass the repeal, now it is off to the senate.

aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #38
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
He must be a racist if he opposes Obamacare.
He is also discriminating against the opposition
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #39
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Obamacare is the crown jewel of socializm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...socialism.html
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #40
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Obamacare is the crown jewel of socializm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...socialism.html
I have a similar crown jewel residing in my porcelain throne.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.45596 seconds with 81 queries