Religious Cleansing? - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #41
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

I would also like to remind everyone that the case that Aber posted about was brought up by a Jewish veteran group, not Atheists.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #42
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I don't buy it. Public or private property.
What does it matter to athiets if they don't believe in God?
Maybe they just need to mind your own business.
Would you feel like you're getting a fair shot being an atheist/jew/muslim in a courthouse surrounded by christian symbolism? It's showing favoritism toward one group over others.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #43
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
You need to brush up on your history about our founding fathers and what they had intended for this country.
visit wallbuiders.com
By reading the documents in there original form you may understand what they meant without your liberal spin on it.
Liberalism has a way of rewriting history to what you think it should have been instead of what it really is.
Stop putting your liberal minded view on how you believe it should be. As a teacher you are the greatest threat to the children you teach because I'm sure you intraject your(liberal) view onto your students.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #44
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Would you feel like you're getting a fair shot being an atheist/jew/muslim in a courthouse surrounded by christian symbolism? It's showing favoritism toward one group over others.
Last time i looked our federal buildings are full of Christian sybolism.
Our constitution was founded and based on Christian principles.
Get over it Mike, God is here to stay, forever.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #45
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I would also like to remind everyone that the case that Aber posted about was brought up by a Jewish veteran group, not Atheists.
I will require proof. PLS
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #46
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,025
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFearMe View Post
It is not pushing anything down anyones throat if they willingly join the conversation. You chose to open a thread with a religious title, and then accuse someone of shoving something down your throat? You could have avoided this topic or his beliefs by staying out of the thread.
i wasn't referring to this thread as "shoving religion down anyones throats." i have no problems with lcx, aber or any other guys on this forum that are uber religious. i dont care what people believe and i dont think one side or the other is right or wrong. i just think it is the pot calling the kettle black when one extreme side tries to fault the other extreme side for pushing there beliefs around because both ends are guilty of it.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #47
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You need to brush up on your history about our founding fathers and what they had intended for this country.
visit wallbuiders.com
By reading the documents in there original form you may understand what they meant without your liberal spin on it.
Liberalism has a way of rewriting history to what you think it should have been instead of what it really is.
Stop putting your liberal minded view on how you believe it should be. As a teacher you are the greatest threat to the children you teach because I'm sure you intraject your(liberal) view onto your students.
Sure man, what version of Christianity should we have based our theocracy on?
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #48
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I will require proof. PLS
http://www.jwv.org/programs/patrioti...igious_freedom

Is that how it's going to be, post bullshit and run with it until somebody calls you out for being full of crap?

Last edited by mikesova; January 11th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #49
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Last time i looked our federal buildings are full of Christian sybolism.
Our constitution was founded and based on Christian principles.
Get over it Mike, God is here to stay, forever.
It's weird that it (the constitution) doesn't even mention anything about God, Jesus, or Christianity.

Abe, arguing with you is like arguing with a rock.

Last edited by mikesova; January 11th, 2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: (the constitution)
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #50
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Sure man, what version of Christianity should we have based our theocracy on?
The one that places Christ as the One and only, the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. The King of Kings.....Do you know Him?

aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #51
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
It's weird that it (the constitution) doesn't even mention anything about God, Jesus, or Christianity.

Abe, arguing with you is like arguing with a rock.
Thanks Mike, steady as a rock.
The consttution may not mention God, but the men behind the drafting of the constitution were ALL God fearing men. Even the ones that were not Christians had more knowledge and wisdom of Christ, it would make a Christian of today seem weak. But you wouldn't know that would you?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #52
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,929
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
It's weird that it (the constitution) doesn't even mention anything about God, Jesus, or Christianity.

Abe, arguing with you is like arguing with a rock.
The Constitution doesn't mention those things because they actually believed in what they put about freedom OF religion. That doesn't negate the origins or motivations behind the laws that are in it. They just came from a State that was Corrupted by the human church and, to an extent, a Church that was corrupted by a human Government. Of course they are not going to establish laws and put God or Jesus in them because they probably feared the same thing (corruption) might happen here.

Those motivations are important to the history of our country and are being erased in the name of "Political Correctness". There was a thread about Childproofing the world Vs. World proofing your child. It's no different here.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #53
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

The Constitution, Article VII...seventeenth day of September in the year of our LORD 1787
I wonder Mike What LORD are they talking about here?
As an athiest I am sure you cannot deny Who they are talking about.

Go to the bottom of the article and you can see it for yourself.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...s.asp?id=36438
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #54
broncogurl351
chikun n bizcuits..
 
broncogurl351's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-24-10
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 332
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to broncogurl351 Send a message via Yahoo to broncogurl351 Send a message via Skype™ to broncogurl351
Default

i was raised in a religious household and i have no problem with people who have different religions....but religion debates just like other topics should be left alone.
broncogurl351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #55
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
The Constitution doesn't mention those things because they actually believed in what they put about freedom OF religion. That doesn't negate the origins or motivations behind the laws that are in it. They just came from a State that was Corrupted by the human church and, to an extent, a Church that was corrupted by a human Government. Of course they are not going to establish laws and put God or Jesus in them because they probably feared the same thing (corruption) might happen here.

Those motivations are important to the history of our country and are being erased in the name of "Political Correctness". There was a thread about Childproofing the world Vs. World proofing your child. It's no different here.
I don't feel like going down this road again. We can agree to disagree.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #56
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I did find a document from Jefferson that he used in a phrase, in the year of our Lord Christ.
Coming from a man that as you put it did not believe.
I think you need to begin with an open mind, because if you go any farther it could cause brain damage for you.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...s.asp?id=22345
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #57
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,929
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogurl351 View Post
i was raised in a religious household and i have no problem with people who have different religions....but religion debates just like other topics should be left alone.
Not here. We crack those babies open and let it go. That's what this is for though. However, like you can see below, some of us are just tired of going over the same stuff. Don't be afraid to talk about that stuff here. It's what we do. Just remember, we're just talking, not yelling or being "right" or "wrong"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I don't feel like going down this road again. We can agree to disagree.
Oh yeah, I just can't help it. I really can't. But I agree.

After dealing with Layinframe2k for so long, someone who actually brings back a good response is appreciated.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #58
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogurl351 View Post
i was raised in a religious household and i have no problem with people who have different religions....but religion debates just like other topics should be left alone.
Not according to Christ.
If you come from a religious home then you were probably told about it. But if that is how you feel, thats ok too.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #59
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,086
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Not here. We crack those babies open and let it go. That's what this is for though. However, like you can see below, some of us are just tired of going over the same stuff. Don't be afraid to talk about that stuff here. It's what we do. Just remember, we're just talking, not yelling or being "right" or "wrong"





Oh yeah, I just can't help it. I really can't. But I agree.

After dealing with Layinframe2k for so long, someone who actually brings back a good response is appreciated.
See Mike you ARE appriciated
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #60
broncogurl351
chikun n bizcuits..
 
broncogurl351's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-24-10
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 332
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to broncogurl351 Send a message via Yahoo to broncogurl351 Send a message via Skype™ to broncogurl351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Not according to Christ.
If you come from a religious home then you were probably told about it. But if that is how you feel, thats ok too.
keep doing what you do. its great n i mean that i am Christian-Baptist but i dont prefer to have religious discussions on this site. just my thinking thats all.
broncogurl351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31728 seconds with 81 queries