Decisions Points - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:07 AM   #1
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,513
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default Decisions Points

Has anybody else read this book yet? I just finished reading it. I found it to be a very interesting sided account of W's presidency. It is very interesting to get his version of different happenings that he got alot of crap for.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #2
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

I heard it was a good read. So you say it is worth it to hear his side of the events that happened throughout his terms in office?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #3
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Going to listen to it on my next road trip. Although I believe he was horrible I also believe everyone should get a chance to explain themselves.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #4
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,513
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I heard it was a good read. So you say it is worth it to hear his side of the events that happened throughout his terms in office?
Yeah, I do. I will say, that it is written the same way that he talks. Kinda jumps around abit, and has tendencies to get off on rabbit trails. It isn't written in a traditional timeline fashion. He hits on key issues, talks about them from beginning to end, and then starts over on the next issue. At 1st it was a little difficult to follow, but once you get use to the style, I think it flowed pretty well.
It outlines some though provoking issues on how things should have happend, and why they didn't. Stuff that he now realized that he did wrong, and what he would have changed.
I did find it funny though, that in what you would think of a "stereo typical" George W. book... it has pictures.
I think I came away with a little bit more respect for the guy. Obviously hind-site is 20/20 but he seems to portray somebody who is actually smart, but has a difficulty getting things to go his way, and getting his full point across.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #5
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

He did say that history would show him in a different light and not the light that the media portrayed him in.
I did like him as president but thought he could have done some things differently. IMO he is and will be by far a better pres than Oblabla. One thing history will show oblabla as the person he is, unless the left rewrite history which they are good at doing.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #6
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,624
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I wasn't much of a supporter of Bush (at least towards the end of his first term and going forward) but I want to read the book. All the reviews of it make it sound pretty interesting and hearing him in interviews now discussing his views and positions during his time in office, he sounds much more reasonable and pragmatic. It makes me wonder how much different his presidency would have been if it weren't for Cheney, Rove, and some of the others in his inner circle.

Regarding how folks will view his presidency in the years to come... I think after a decade or two every president's legacy changes. Lot's of programs and policies take years for their full effects to be felt - positive or negative.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #7
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

That is my next book I plan on reading. I just started reading How To Talk To A Liberal (If You Must): The World According To Ann Coulter. So far I like this one.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #8
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
That is my next book I plan on reading. I just started reading How To Talk To A Liberal (If You Must): The World According To Ann Coulter. So far I like this one.

Thats good, but do you know how to annoy a liberal?
Use facts and logic.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #9
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #10
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post

Thats good, but do you know how to annoy a liberal?
Use facts and logic.
How to annoy a christian? Use science (facts and logic) :)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #11
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #12
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K. View Post
Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #13
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
How to annoy a christian? Use science (facts and logic) :)
Christians use science and it helps prove that we indeed have a Creator. But your science writes it off with theorys
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #14
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,591
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Christians use science and it helps prove that we indeed have a Creator. But your science writes it off with theorys
The science I use comes from a book and can be repeated in a laboratory and in real life.
The information you use comes from a book of storytellers and boast some pretty neat things - none that can be verified and must be taken on faith.

I have not seen scientific evidence of a creator or of Jesus or of Adam and Eve.
:shrugs:
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #15
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
The science I use comes from a book and can be repeated in a laboratory and in real life.
The information you use comes from a book of storytellers and boast some pretty neat things - none that can be verified and must be taken on faith.

I have not seen scientific evidence of a creator or of Jesus or of Adam and Eve.
:shrugs:
We know about Washington, Lincoln, Marco Polo and so on because of what we wrote about them and what they did. Why is it so difficult to believe something that happened 2000 years ago.
Is it the miracilous and unbelievable things that they claimed to have happened? Today doctors see miracles all the time. Things happen that they have no explaintion for how or why they happen.
You have not seen evidence of our creator because you did not ask Him to show you.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #16
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
We know about Washington, Lincoln, Marco Polo and so on because of what we wrote about them and what they did. Why is it so difficult to believe something that happened 2000 years ago.
Is it the miracilous and unbelievable things that they claimed to have happened? Today doctors see miracles all the time. Things happen that they have no explaintion for how or why they happen.
You have not seen evidence of our creator because you did not ask Him to show you.
But thats way to logical to be true

I just wish Turkey would let us dig up the ark

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; December 12th, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #17
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

no thanks, I was just making a joke. I don't want to mess up aber's Bush thread with religious debate. ;)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #18
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,591
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
We know about Washington, Lincoln, Marco Polo and so on because of what we wrote about them and what they did. Why is it so difficult to believe something that happened 2000 years ago.
Is it the miracilous and unbelievable things that they claimed to have happened? Today doctors see miracles all the time. Things happen that they have no explaintion for how or why they happen.
You have not seen evidence of our creator because you did not ask Him to show you.
Last time I checked history, neither Washington nor Lincoln claimed to be the son of God, or had tales written about them returning from the grave.



Attributing something out of your ability to comprehend does not automatically qualify it as a miracle. Also, I think you're stretching a bit with your claim "Today doctors see miracles all the time". I'd be interested to know how many modern-day documented accounts there are of people being crucified, bled, and left to die of exposure that come back to life three days later.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #19
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,994
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
The science I use comes from a book and can be repeated in a laboratory and in real life.
The information you use comes from a book of storytellers and boast some pretty neat things - none that can be verified and must be taken on faith.

I have not seen scientific evidence of a creator or of Jesus or of Adam and Eve.
:shrugs:
Adam and Eve is somewhat proven by the human Genome Project. Thier findings, as far as I remember, is that we all came from two ancestors.

It also makes more sense for us to come from only two Ancestors because of Sheer probability. If we came from goo and that only happened because the Conditions were just right then to think that that would happen more then once or twice in the same place is pretty iffy.

I also think you guys are arguing Perspectives. I can pray and ask for specific things to happen. "God Please let me know about this job by Friday" something like that. He has before. That night. I see an answered prayer, you see coincidence. When a new scientific discovery comes out showing the complexity of life I see God's Design. You may see something else.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #20
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Last time I checked history, neither Washington nor Lincoln claimed to be the son of God, or had tales written about them returning from the grave.



Attributing something out of your ability to comprehend does not automatically qualify it as a miracle. Also, I think you're stretching a bit with your claim "Today doctors see miracles all the time". I'd be interested to know how many modern-day documented accounts there are of people being crucified, bled, and left to die of exposure that come back to life three days later.
We have witnesses to the account that have been documented as to what happened to Christ. Just as we had witnesses to the death of Lincoln, to what Washington did and they are written in books by witnesses and taught to us as history.
As for miracles, they do happen. A lady in our church had a disease of her eyes and was going blind. Her glasses were so thick and still could not see very well. The doctors told her she would eventually be blind. She and all of us in the church prayed and asked God to restore her vision. One day shortly after that she woke up one morning and no longer needed her glasses at all. I would say thats a miracle. Another miracle is the birth of a baby, from comception to birth. we still don't know how everything happens, the eyes, being able to see, how does that happen? The heart, how does that begin to beat? We are so accustomed to see things daily that we write of the miraculous as every day happenings.
In third world countries people do come back from the dead.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.27709 seconds with 80 queries