trail master challenge at twisted trails 2011 - Page 26 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #501
NightKrawler
Carnage Canyon
 
NightKrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-26-07
Location: Haslett, MI
Posts: 2,263
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKrawler View Post
So 43 vehicles signed up to race
32 showed up
How many actually finished the race (from each class)?
I saw in a previous post only 13 finished but it didn't say how many from each class.
Anybody know?
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
SUPPORT THE SPORT!
--l ,[____],
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) .......
NightKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #502
chevotass
Senior Member
 
chevotass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-06
Location: goodrich
Posts: 6,769
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to chevotass
Default

should have a bmx and hiking class too
chevotass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #503
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_toy View Post
Erin, why you only pushing for 4X4 quads?.....i would love the opportunity to run
my 2wd quad.....I know you want to win something but come on

More entries means more $$$$, not to mention more for people to watch
because we would need a couple classes then.a 4x4 can run with a razor.a decent rider on any of the newer 450 sport quads would smoke any razor.so kinda not fair.
maybe bar stool races and a hill for push carts.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #504
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,310
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
because we would need a couple classes then.a 4x4 can run with a razor.a decent rider on any of the newer 450 sport quads would smoke any razor.so kinda not fair.
maybe bar stool races and a hill for push carts.
Can't wait to see Hancho's reply to this.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #505
chevotass
Senior Member
 
chevotass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-06
Location: goodrich
Posts: 6,769
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to chevotass
Default

I remember hearing there were some nice and reasonably priced cabins near the park. Anyone have a phone number or website for them? Wifes birthday is june 4th so was looking for somewhere a little nicer than the mushroom cap.
chevotass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #506
Chevyota
Senior Member
 
Chevyota's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-10
Location: Ishpeming, MI
Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

liv2mx yoopermog and I would like to know if 2wd go-karts would be allowed to run in the race?
Chevyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #507
chevotass
Senior Member
 
chevotass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-06
Location: goodrich
Posts: 6,769
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to chevotass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyota View Post
liv2mx yoopermog and I would like to know if 2wd go-karts would be allowed to run in the race?
why dont you guys call twisted trails instead of asking aron. hes not putting on the comp and hasnt answered your question after 3 times you guys have asked. click here for contact info.

http://www.twistedtrailsoffroadpark.com/1.html
chevotass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #508
pinktaco
Better than i deserve
 
pinktaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-02-08
Location: South Haven MI
Posts: 445
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotass View Post
I remember hearing there were some nice and reasonably priced cabins near the park. Anyone have a phone number or website for them? Wifes birthday is june 4th so was looking for somewhere a little nicer than the mushroom cap.

Crystal adventures we stayed in a 6 person after the first race last year and it was nice also a mile from the park 231 651 9648. hey do you know if they are letting 2 wheel drive go carts race this next race? I just gotta know
pinktaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #509
YooperMog
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Location: Skandia, MI
Posts: 134
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What about 6wd or 8wd Argo's? Will those be allowed?
YooperMog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #510
Trail Junkie
iamfawkinwithyou
 
Trail Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: Zeeland, west of Grand Rapids
Posts: 31,841
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperMog View Post
What about 6wd or 8wd Argo's? Will those be allowed?
I am going to say yes just to possibly see the look on your face when u show and THE GUYS RUNNING THE RACE say no. Contact TT and ask.
Trail Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #511
YooperMog
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Location: Skandia, MI
Posts: 134
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

In all seriousness now, just want to thank the Twisted crew for doing what they do. Whatever they decide to allow for the A class, I just hope more people show up then the 2 side by sides at the last event. They did a lot of preparation and then had to cancel that race.

I don't have a side by side or an argo or a go-kart or a bar stool. Doesn't really matter to me what they allow. I just hope they have a good turnout.
YooperMog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #512
04PSD
aka Langford
 
04PSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: La Salle, MI
Posts: 1,301
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperMog View Post
In all seriousness now, just want to thank the Twisted crew for doing what they do. Whatever they decide to allow for the A class, I just hope more people show up then the 2 side by sides at the last event. They did a lot of preparation and then had to cancel that race.

I don't have a side by side or an argo or a go-kart or a bar stool. Doesn't really matter to me what they allow. I just hope they have a good turnout.
I couldn't justify the $300 in fuel and 5 hour drive each way to race 2 other people....if the class was full, it would be a different story. Not sure what the deal was, I posted the race on a half dozen different websites/forums, not one taker.
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #513
Trail Junkie
iamfawkinwithyou
 
Trail Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: Zeeland, west of Grand Rapids
Posts: 31,841
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

I want to race this time, but time/cash flow will decide if I can
Trail Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #514
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

there will be no atv class...if no more show up, the razor class will be scratched..i talked to dale about it this morning.the gncc race is the next weekend there.(they rent the whole park for that weekend)after the race so if you want to race a quad or bike..have to go run with the big boys.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #515
snopro66
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-02-10
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think its an OMA national. Here is the link the big boys will be there. Factory contingency is available at this national level race. There are classes for all levels of riders. Even if you guys don't enter would be fun to watch. http://www.unitedoffroadracing.com/
snopro66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #516
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
there will be no atv class...if no more show up, the razor class will be scratched..i talked to dale about it this morning.the gncc race is the next weekend there.(they rent the whole park for that weekend)after the race so if you want to race a quad or bike..have to go run with the big boys.
what sucks is I spent all that money on a rzr, set it up to race and now can't get approved to get the ime off work. I will be lucky to make one race if I make any this year
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #517
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,310
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
what sucks is I spent all that money on a rzr, set it up to race and now can't get approved to get the ime off work. I will be lucky to make one race if I make any this year
That jeeps looking pretty good about now isn't it? I thought you were the head Hancho there. Just put your foot down and tell'em it's the way it is.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #518
mybluetoy
4-wheel 4-life
 
mybluetoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 928
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Talked to Dale earlier in the week; he said class C will have a higher level of difficulty, also they will have maps of the course so spectators can find some cool viewing spots. Kind of sounds like they will start the race earlier so they (Twisted Trails) can open the park up to wheeling. Anyway hoping I have enough time to get this Toy ready for the race. June 4th not to far away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3735.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	79174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3792.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	79175  

Last edited by mybluetoy; May 20th, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
mybluetoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #519
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybluetoy View Post
Talked to Dale earlier in the week; he said class C will have a higher level of difficulty, also they will have maps of the course so spectators can find some cool viewing spots. Kind of sounds like they will start the race earlier so they (Twisted Trails) can open the park up to wheeling. Anyway hoping I have enough time to get this Toy ready for the race. June 4th not to far away.
sweet harmonic balancer
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #520
chevotass
Senior Member
 
chevotass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-06
Location: goodrich
Posts: 6,769
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to chevotass
Default

it looks like its not timed right
chevotass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30330 seconds with 81 queries