. - Page 42 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Rig Builds and Pics Introduce your rig or post a buildup here.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM   #821
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
I seriously cannot believe you just said that with the fact that the average "Highest level of education obtained" hovers right around 4th grade...
FOR THE ENTIRE SITE.



I'm convinced 1/2 the site doesn't realize you're a female, which is probably for the best, as far as your PM inbox is concerned.
HOLY FAWK!!!! I'm a GIRL?????


Well...........that explains the mood swings.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:48 PM   #822
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,718
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

And more..................
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:06 PM   #823
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Jeep goes to Howell EFI tomorrow morning. From the info Tom and I gave Troy he thinks the computer is the big issue. Also thinks there may be a couple wires crossed to the IAC. When I turned it back in even on the 2nd computer it idled at 3500. I will have him scan it as well to make sure all is good. Then Tom will add a couple wires for the torque converter.

Ended up getting full refund for the computer and 1/2 back from the wiring harnass from Jims. I'm content with that.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM   #824
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,614
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Can you tell Troy to check his email when you see him tomorrow?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:39 PM   #825
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker the d-bag View Post
Can you tell Troy to check his email when you see him tomorrow?

Sure thing!
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM   #826
buzz700r
my name is mud
 
buzz700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-16-11
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 32
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Let me know when you have her back, I have more stuff for you
~Zac
buzz700r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:22 PM   #827
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz700r View Post
Let me know when you have her back, I have more stuff for you
~Zac

Bringing her home with me. They said they only need a few hours. I'll be home about 8:15 from work tomorrow.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM   #828
MiNi Beast
Senior Member
 
MiNi Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-06
Location: Marquette, MI
Posts: 9,005
iTrader: (75)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Bringing her home with me. They said they only need a few hours. I'll be home about 8:15 from work tomorrow.
I only need a few hours as well, then you could go home.
MiNi Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:31 AM   #829
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNi Beast View Post
I only need a few hours as well, then you could go home.
Typical....something a woman can do for herself in a few minutes a man needs a few hours.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:44 AM   #830
MiNi Beast
Senior Member
 
MiNi Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-06
Location: Marquette, MI
Posts: 9,005
iTrader: (75)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Typical....something a woman can do for herself in a few minutes a man needs a few hours.
umm yeah wow, no comment.
MiNi Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:23 AM   #831
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

All loaded up and ready to head to Howell. I sure hope I bring it back running and moving like it should. Ready to go play!
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:28 AM   #832
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,614
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

good luck!
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:47 AM   #833
drew91xj
Senior Member
 
drew91xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-02-06
Location: fremont, michigan
Posts: 1,731
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to drew91xj
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Typical....something a woman can do for herself in a few minutes a man needs a few hours.
how am i suppose to unwinde and go to sleep after rolling on the floor laughing at that witty comback

jeepbratt 1

minibeast 0

hope all goes well for ya becky and you can get it up and running to be on the trail somtime this year
drew91xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:09 AM   #834
roger
Senior Member
 
roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: east china
Posts: 1,895
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to roger Send a message via Yahoo to roger
Default

they do nice work becky ive had couple of my jeeps there. they built me a couple chips to for the computer
roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM   #835
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Just got back from Howell eng. Instead of trying to figure out what was done in the last computer Troy just programmed one of his. He had to change the plugs on the harnass to computer first thing, (they were blue/green...needed to be blue/red).Wow........purred like a kitten( a very loud kitten ) Before testing anything else he had me take it for a test run. Before it would backfire, miss, spit flames out the exhaust and gimp itself back to the garage, now it runs smooth, very responsive and there was no misfiring, however, it still isn't shifting right. Instead of going into limp mode it now shifts from 1st to 2nd, very late and very hard, then it just revs up almost like there's a rev limiter and won't go into 3rd. Still shifting just fine manually. Put it on the scanner....no codes whatsoever. So I left it there for them to figure out til Thursday. He told me he had a similar issue before and had to set the program at 70" tires to get the shift points right. So it will be a matter of small changes and test runs for awhile til they get it. The only other thing that needs to be done at this point is to ground the 02 sensors.

Very good customer service, nice place and actually less expensive then Jims. Not to mention, like Kelly stated, a MI company. Wish I would have gone there first.
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM   #836
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,719
iTrader: (56)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Thats weird, the 03+ motors should be green/blue PCM connectors, the Red/blue stopped in 02. YOu got a strange bunch of mismatched parts...

And you need to ground the O2 sensors? So is your harness pre 2003, then? 03+ ought to be isolated grounds to the O2 sensors, should have already been in your harness.

Last edited by Haggar; May 3rd, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:21 PM   #837
Sluefoot26
Mudhowg's a Homo
 
Sluefoot26's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-07-06
Location: Peoria, AZ.
Posts: 713
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
Just got back from Howell eng. Instead of trying to figure out what was done in the last computer Troy just programmed one of his. He had to change the plugs on the harnass to computer first thing, (they were blue/green...needed to be blue/red).Wow........purred like a kitten( a very loud kitten ) Before testing anything else he had me take it for a test run. Before it would backfire, miss, spit flames out the exhaust and gimp itself back to the garage, now it runs smooth, very responsive and there was no misfiring, however, it still isn't shifting right. Instead of going into limp mode it now shifts from 1st to 2nd, very late and very hard, then it just revs up almost like there's a rev limiter and won't go into 3rd. Still shifting just fine manually. Put it on the scanner....no codes whatsoever. So I left it there for them to figure out til Thursday. He told me he had a similar issue before and had to set the program at 70" tires to get the shift points right. So it will be a matter of small changes and test runs for awhile til they get it. The only other thing that needs to be done at this point is to ground the 02 sensors.

Very good customer service, nice place and actually less expensive then Jims. Not to mention, like Kelly stated, a MI company. Wish I would have gone there first.

Awesome.... !
Sluefoot26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:28 PM   #838
jeepbrattt
New car smell.....Mmmmmmm
 
jeepbrattt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-31-08
Location: mi
Posts: 7,076
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Thats weird, the 03+ motors should be green/blue PCM connectors, the Red/blue stopped in 02. YOu got a strange bunch of mismatched parts...
Last week when I talked to him he told me that when you are using a 93 4l80 with a newer drive by cable motor the computer needs to be an older one programmed very specifically. So the computer is an 02. 1/2 the harnass I got with the box of parts from Sean, the other 1/2 I bought from a guy here. Mismatched yet again, either way, they aren't grounded. The shifting issue he feels is just a matter of maybe a tire size game on the computer program. I really like being able to take it in and have them scan it to find all the little issues and test drive it.


And yes, very strange set up........
jeepbrattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:37 PM   #839
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,719
iTrader: (56)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Ahh...

in hindsight, thats not correct that you need an older PCM. While the trucks moved to drive by wire, the vans did not, so the van PCMs for 04, 05, those supported the cable throttle bodies.


edit: ahh I see its the trans that the issue...

Last edited by Haggar; May 3rd, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:30 PM   #840
MiNi Beast
Senior Member
 
MiNi Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-06
Location: Marquette, MI
Posts: 9,005
iTrader: (75)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

good to hear it is coming together.
MiNi Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32088 seconds with 81 queries