WestBorrow (Sp?) Baptist Church is coming to MI ! - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #1
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default WestBorrow (Sp?) Baptist Church is coming to MI !

Just heard on the news that the WBC will be coming to A few towns in Mi. One being East Lansing at the High school. On Thursday. I'll be working that day at the High School. Should be interesting.

I think they are going to be at a Mosque in warren (I think) and a Jewish Center somewhere.

Fox 47 Article

Last edited by L4CX; November 14th, 2010 at 10:18 PM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #2
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

This guy(Rev) is way off base and does not represent Christians. His heart is in the wrong place. He is no better than the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons, maybe worse.
It is interesting to hear him and how much of a fool he makes himself out to be, but I do feel sorry for the people that he attacks in the way he does it. Maybe if people ignore him he will fade away.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #3
InTeRnEt_RyAn
Senior Member
 
InTeRnEt_RyAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Location: RiChMoNd
Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
this guy(rev) is way off base and does not represent christians. His heart is in the wrong place. He is no better than the jesse jacksons and al sharptons, maybe worse.
It is interesting to hear him and how much of a fool he makes himself out to be, but i do feel sorry for the people that he attacks in the way he does it. Maybe if people ignore him he will fade away.
plus one
InTeRnEt_RyAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #4
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Meh, dont give them the attention they crave, and they will go away.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #5
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
Meh, dont give them the attention they crave, and they will go away.
I believe that is the plan. Others will be meeting else where to protest thier protest. I'm interested to see what will happen though. Defiantly going to ride my Bicycle to work that day.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #6
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,862
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

sooner or later someone will shoot at them. i will laugh my ass off.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #7
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,091
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
This guy(Rev) is way off base and does not represent Christians. His heart is in the wrong place. He is no better than the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons, maybe worse.
It is interesting to hear him and how much of a fool he makes himself out to be, but I do feel sorry for the people that he attacks in the way he does it. Maybe if people ignore him he will fade away.
They are still Christians all the same, they are just no different than the extremists of other religions that take their beliefs to the level of hatred for those who don't follow as they do.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #8
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Wonder if they got their tires fixed in time to come see us here in MI?
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #9
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
They are still Christians all the same, they are just no different than the extremists of other religions that take their beliefs to the level of hatred for those who don't follow as they do.
The difference between them and the Christians that I know is that this so called pastor is NOT preaching what Jesus preached and the other religions ARE preaching what thier quaran says. Big difference.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #10
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
Wonder if they got their tires fixed in time to come see us here in MI?
The best part about that story, is that nobody in town would help them get their tires fixed, and they had to get put on a flatbed, and towed out of town.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #11
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

They plan on protesting the funeral of a local hero....LINK

If anyone is interested in joining the flag line please contact the Patriot Guard Riders, they have an event set up at the request of Kurt Reifert, the fallen soldiers father.
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #12
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,091
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The difference between them and the Christians that I know is that this so called pastor is NOT preaching what Jesus preached and the other religions ARE preaching what thier quaran says. Big difference.
The Qur'an doesn't have anything in it about hate or killing those of other religions or anything of that nature. That fact that you believe so makes you just another ignorant Christan who refuses to accept anything but the "truths" you've been fed.

These are extremists Christians just like there are extremist Muslims.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #13
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,043
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
The Qur'an doesn't have anything in it about hate or killing those of other religions or anything of that nature. That fact that you believe so makes you just another ignorant Christan who refuses to accept anything but the "truths" you've been fed.

These are extremists Christians just like there are extremist Muslims.
There are several stories of Muhammad killing all of the non-believers, and doing some pretty nasty and violent things.

The Quran isn't as peaceful as everyone makes it out to be.

I understand the Old Testament of the Bible is all brimstone and fire, but the New Testament houses core Christian beliefs. You never heard about Jesus killing anyone.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #14
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
There are several stories of Muhammad killing all of the non-believers, and doing some pretty nasty and violent things.

The Quran isn't as peaceful as everyone makes it out to be.

I understand the Old Testament of the Bible is all brimstone and fire, but the New Testament houses core Christian beliefs. You never heard about Jesus killing anyone.
No but I loved how he cleaned house at the temple!! Go Jesus Go!!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #15
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
The Qur'an doesn't have anything in it about hate or killing those of other religions or anything of that nature. That fact that you believe so makes you just another ignorant Christan who refuses to accept anything but the "truths" you've been fed.

These are extremists Christians just like there are extremist Muslims.
What Grease Monkey said.

Sure, there are Extremists Christians, what Aber is saying is that what that pastor preaches doesn't even come close to lining up with ANY of Jesus's Teachings. AT ALL. If you think he did say something, Please do give us a Reference.

Also, in fairness, You (And all of us) are fed 'truths' that we do/do not except. It's not just the little ole Christians. I really dislike people that assume that because someone is religious they are a Sheep. People are Sheep, Religious or not. Look at what happened with Obama. You're fed by Media everyday, I'm fed by Media everyday. But because I'm a Christian I'm ignorant and because your not your some how more sophisticated? I don't think so.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #16
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
There are several stories of Muhammad killing all of the non-believers, and doing some pretty nasty and violent things.

The Quran isn't as peaceful as everyone makes it out to be.

I understand the Old Testament of the Bible is all brimstone and fire, but the New Testament houses core Christian beliefs. You never heard about Jesus killing anyone.
Thank you for the explaination, my thoughts exactly
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #17
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
The Qur'an doesn't have anything in it about hate or killing those of other religions or anything of that nature. That fact that you believe so makes you just another ignorant Christan who refuses to accept anything but the "truths" you've been fed.

These are extremists Christians just like there are extremist Muslims.
Obviously you have never read the quran or watched tv or saw the planes flying into the towers.
Its easy to look up extreme muslims in the net. You need to educate yourself
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #18
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,091
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Obviously you have never read the quran or watched tv or saw the planes flying into the towers.
Its easy to look up extreme muslims in the net. You need to educate yourself
You do understand that the men who flew the planes into the towers were EXTREMIST Muslims, right? I can't make it any clearer.

I just think its funny that you believe every Muslim is a terrorist, which makes you just another intolerant Christian asshole. I've known a few Muslims, and none of them wanted me dead because I didn't worship their God. I've also never heard a regular every day Muslim tell me that I would burn for eternity because I wasn't in their religion, like a few Christians even here on this forum have tried to do.

OMGz? That can't be! All Muslims are evil!

Just like Greasemonkey said. The Old Testament was written mostly of God killing(Smiting, whatever) anyone who defied him, people just decided that it was too dark and grim so they made up another book full of stories to give people hope instead of strike fear into them. How is that any better than a couple stories of another religions God killing people because they didn't follow his religion?
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #19
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,043
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post

Just like Greasemonkey said. The Old Testament was written mostly of God killing(Smiting, whatever) anyone who defied him, people just decided that it was too dark and grim so they made up another book full of stories to give people hope instead of strike fear into them. How is that any better than a couple stories of another religions God killing people because they didn't follow his religion?
The stories of Muhammad and his violence are at the core belief system of Muslims. I'm not saying they all are violent, but Muhammad is the Islamic Jesus for all intensive purposes. I know there are extremist Christians as well, but they are somewhat following their own path with a religious background.

When Muslims want death to all non-Muslims, that's pretty much coming straight form Muhammad, and that's a big problem.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #20
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
You do understand that the men who flew the planes into the towers were EXTREMIST Muslims, right? I can't make it any clearer.

I just think its funny that you believe every Muslim is a terrorist, which makes you just another intolerant Christian asshole. I've known a few Muslims, and none of them wanted me dead because I didn't worship their God. I've also never heard a regular every day Muslim tell me that I would burn for eternity because I wasn't in their religion, like a few Christians even here on this forum have tried to do.
Just because they didn't tell you that, Doesn't mean they didn't believe it. Past that fact you're just dealing with people that care/do'nt care about you. I don't tell everyone they are going to hell but I believe that they are unless they have Jesus. :shrug:

Quote:
OMGz? That can't be! All Muslims are evil!

Just like Greasemonkey said. The Old Testament was written mostly of God killing(Smiting, whatever) anyone who defied him, people just decided that it was too dark and grim so they made up another book full of stories to give people hope instead of strike fear into them. How is that any better than a couple stories of another religions God killing people because they didn't follow his religion?
There are so many reasons that your statement about "making up a Softer side" is off. I get your point though. Truth is, though, Christians don't follow the "Smiting rules". They follow Christs Teachings. Muslims, however, Follow Muhammad's Teachings who did teach Hostility towards non-believers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
The stories of Muhammad and his violence are at the core belief system of Muslims. I'm not saying they all are violent, but Muhammad is the Islamic Jesus for all intensive purposes. I know there are extremist Christians as well, but they are somewhat following their own path with a religious background.

When Muslims want death to all non-Muslims, that's pretty much coming straight form Muhammad, and that's a big problem.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35916 seconds with 82 queries