Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #1
biohazardbill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Funniest thing said at work... and it isnt perverted.

I have a new gal sitting next to me at work, she is oriental and speaks broken English. She saw my background on the PC which is me going through the mini tank trap at Marv's early spring this year. The pic shows a mud coverered Jeep billowing smoke from many places.

Her: Is that your car?
Me: yes
Her: are you broke down
Me: I was about 10 min after that pic was taken
Her: Why is your car smoking
Me: Its not a car it is a Jeep
Her Puzzled: Why is your Jeep smoking
Me: Because I just went through a big mud puddle
Her: Why are you in the trees
Me: We do this for fun

Puzzled look and she just goes back to doing nothing.... lol... after reading this I guess it is a "You had to be there" moment
  Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #2
JEEPR
Playing Possum
 
JEEPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Harrison Township
Posts: 6,743
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Me: Its not a car it is a Jeep
That right there always confuses them...
JEEPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:13 PM   #3
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,966
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Bill held a non sexual conversation for 34 seconds??

(and I give this conversation 34 seconds because of her broken english)
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #4
Shift
Senior Member
 
Shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Saint Clair Shores, MI
Posts: 2,214
iTrader: (2)
Hey, now. Bill has had nonsexual conversations with me. :)
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #5
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
 
shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Milford/Commerce
Posts: 9,892
iTrader: (24)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill

Puzzled look and she just goes back to doing nothing.... lol... after reading this I guess it is a "You had to be there" moment
Hahaha, that is what I was thinking, cause it just isn't that funny reading it :gay:
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #6
Rocky
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
 
Rocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Macomb
Posts: 8,512
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift
Hey, now. Bill has had nonsexual conversations with me. :)

Your a guy. Bill likes WOMEN.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #7
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,117
iTrader: (0)
I can relate.
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #8
Blue XJ
The Green Machine
 
Blue XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sterling Heights
Posts: 3,531
iTrader: (27)
Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill
after reading this I guess it is a "You had to be there" moment

yup, must be
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #9
Square-D
Administrator
 
Square-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: west michigan
Posts: 3,954
iTrader: (2)
me luv you long time GI joe
Square-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #10
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,382
iTrader: (10)
I was talking to a gal who had just come from Bejing and was telling me that on the flight here she was stopped at customs and they held her up for like an hour because she had brought vegtables with her from home...they confiscated her "Turnips!"
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #11
Sonicjay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Around
Posts: 2,557
iTrader: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill
I have a new gal sitting next to me at work, she is oriental and speaks broken English. She saw my background on the PC which is me going through the mini tank trap at Marv's early spring this year. The pic shows a mud coverered Jeep billowing smoke from many places.

Her: Is that your car?
Me: yes
Her: are you broke down
Me: I was about 10 min after that pic was taken
Her: Why is your car smoking
Me: Its not a car it is a Jeep
Her Puzzled: Why is your Jeep smoking
Me: Because I just went through a big mud puddle
Her: Why are you in the trees
Me: We do this for fun

Puzzled look and she just goes back to doing nothing.... lol... after reading this I guess it is a "You had to be there" moment
The middle part reminds me of Pulp Fiction: "Who's bike is this? It's not a bike honey, it's a chopper. Who's chopper is this?"
Sonicjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #12
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Waterford, mi
Posts: 7,519
iTrader: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift
Hey, now. Bill has had nonsexual conversations with me. :)

if you only knew what he really meant...
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #13
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
I had an experience like this, too:

I was riding along with a manager, a supervisor, my supervisor, and a buyer from work (we were heading back from this Nascar thing that work paid for), and I was checking out this sweet Jeep. I turned around and said, "Isn't that awesome!?!". The manager turned around and said, "Jim, you own a Jeep, and that's fine, but you need to understand that that puts you in a slim little group of people. The majority of us...don't really care about Jeeps." the supervisor and buyer (both 23 years old) started laughing at me.

Whatever. At least I wasn't the one driving a Minivan.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:01 PM   #14
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,873
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift
Hey, now. Bill has had nonsexual conversations with me. :)
Who ever said it was females he had sexual conversations with? :miff:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #15
Shift
Senior Member
 
Shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Saint Clair Shores, MI
Posts: 2,214
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Your a guy. Bill likes WOMEN.
I am NOT a guy.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #16
dmcjeep
Senior Member
 
dmcjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Grand Haven Mi.
Posts: 8,948
iTrader: (103)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee
I had an experience like this, too:

I was riding along with a manager, a supervisor, my supervisor, and a buyer from work (we were heading back from this Nascar thing that work paid for), and I was checking out this sweet Jeep. I turned around and said, "Isn't that awesome!?!". The manager turned around and said, "Jim, you own a Jeep, and that's fine, but you need to understand that that puts you in a slim little group of people. The majority of us...don't really care about Jeeps." the supervisor and buyer (both 23 years old) started laughing at me.

Whatever. At least I wasn't the one driving a Minivan.
I hope you quit your job after a manager talked to you like this. Very poor manager. Thats bull#@!&
dmcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #17
Nrth
trolling
 
Nrth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oakland Co.
Posts: 833
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift
I am NOT a guy.
I guess the shoe avatar just isn't enough...
Nrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 10:19 PM   #18
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift
I am NOT a guy.
I dont believe you, send pics.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:47 PM   #19
junk90xj
ALLPRO AUTO
 
junk90xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: lansing
Posts: 4,538
iTrader: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwin Mudd
I dont believe you, send pics.
x2
__________________
http://www.apalansing.com/
junk90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #20
stockerXJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)
:dunie:
stockerXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.18442 seconds with 50 queries