Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > GPS tracks and trails
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

GPS tracks and trails 4x4 trails and destination coordinates







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #1
fordf250man
fordf250man
 
fordf250man's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Brownstown, Michigan
Posts: 202
iTrader: (2)
downriver michigan

does anyone know any legal areas to go wheeling in downriver, monroe area? i used to go on my buddies land but they are selling it, need a new place to go, i heard about heiss rd, i was told it is a legal rd to be on, has anyone been there?
fordf250man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #2
04PSD
aka Langford
 
04PSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: La Salle, MI
Posts: 1,231
iTrader: (9)
I heard a lot of the guys in the Carhartt Clan talk about Old Heiss Road back in highschool, but never made it out there myself. I think it is/was just a seasonal road that got REALLY bad at times, but I'm not 100% sure.

But other than that, I don't know of anything really. Bundy Hill is probably the closest real park, only about an hour and a half or so from B-town.
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #3
fordf250man
fordf250man
 
fordf250man's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Brownstown, Michigan
Posts: 202
iTrader: (2)
ive never heard of bundy hill, is there a website or anymore detail?
fordf250man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #4
04PSD
aka Langford
 
04PSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: La Salle, MI
Posts: 1,231
iTrader: (9)
http://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #5
fordf250man
fordf250man
 
fordf250man's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Brownstown, Michigan
Posts: 202
iTrader: (2)
thanks for the help, there isnt much legal land out by my place i appreciate it
fordf250man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #6
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Thanks for looking into the LEGAL places to wheel it really does make a difference in the public eye.
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM   #7
Night05Mudder
Newbie
 
Night05Mudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-31-09
Location: Ecorse, Michigan
Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)
if you live in brownstown then you must know where BMS is..

right behind there between sibley and king is where i go
Night05Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:19 AM   #8
B
NINJA DEALER
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-17-08
Location: BROWNSTOWN, MI
Posts: 2,618
iTrader: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night05Mudder View Post
if you live in brownstown then you must know where BMS is..

right behind there between sibley and king is where i go
Brownstown Middle School is not a legal wheeling area. My property backs up to that area. There are people back there all the time, but it is not legal at all. Please do not promote trespassing, especially in my backyard.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:26 AM   #9
mxracer763
Senior Member
 
mxracer763's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-10
Location: Huron Township, MI
Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Brownstown Middle School is not a legal wheeling area. My property backs up to that area. There are people back there all the time, but it is not legal at all. Please do not promote trespassing, especially in my backyard.
Yup. Pretty much across the street from me. Stay out of there, there is a hefty fine.


I have heard from quite a few people that the property next to glen's auto on southbound telegraph, south of eureka is legal. Not that it is a designated wheeling area, but I talked to some neighbors and they said they are never bothered by it. I also heard someone spoke with Taylor Police and they gave them the okay to be back there. I would stay out of there unless you knew for sure though.
mxracer763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM   #10
B
NINJA DEALER
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-17-08
Location: BROWNSTOWN, MI
Posts: 2,618
iTrader: (29)
it looks like your profile pic is taken back there.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM   #11
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,452
iTrader: (155)
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
it looks like your profile pic is taken back there.
busted!
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:19 AM   #12
prozak1986
Senior Member
 
prozak1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-09
Location: dearborn heights
Posts: 1,068
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer763 View Post


I have heard from quite a few people that the property next to glen's auto on southbound telegraph, south of eureka is legal. Not that it is a designated wheeling area, but I talked to some neighbors and they said they are never bothered by it. I also heard someone spoke with Taylor Police and they gave them the okay to be back there. I would stay out of there unless you knew for sure though.
ive ben back there millions of times , its not realy a place for trucks but more for quads and dirt bikes , not sure if it is legal or not but i know on more than 1 occasion that the cops have seen me pull out of there with my truck dirty as hell and my quad in the back and i have never been stopped ,., very cool place for quads and dirt bikes thow
prozak1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #13
newdodge
jeep life
 
newdodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-06
Location: newport mi
Posts: 4,149
iTrader: (55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer763 View Post
Yup. Pretty much across the street from me. Stay out of there, there is a hefty fine.


I have heard from quite a few people that the property next to glen's auto on southbound telegraph, south of eureka is legal. Not that it is a designated wheeling area, but I talked to some neighbors and they said they are never bothered by it. I also heard someone spoke with Taylor Police and they gave them the okay to be back there. I would stay out of there unless you knew for sure though.
i will go out there with you pm me number
newdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #14
mxracer763
Senior Member
 
mxracer763's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-10
Location: Huron Township, MI
Posts: 298
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
it looks like your profile pic is taken back there.
haha no. Never took my jeep back there. That was at Martinsville hill before I found out that you shouldn't be back there either.

I'm done going somewhere that my buddy's cousin's stepdad's friend knows the guy that owns the place.

I like riding and tooling around on my property anyways. No need to go tear up other peoples land.
mxracer763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM   #15
broncogurl351
chikun n bizcuits..
 
broncogurl351's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-24-10
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 332
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to broncogurl351 Send a message via Yahoo to broncogurl351 Send a message via Skype™ to broncogurl351
never been to old heiss rd n im not sure if its a legal muddin road but some of my friends have talked about going there n i guess it can get pretty bad with huge ruts sometimes
broncogurl351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:04 PM   #16
fordf250man
fordf250man
 
fordf250man's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Brownstown, Michigan
Posts: 202
iTrader: (2)
heiss is technically legal when in season but the farmer is sick of people driving on his land, so anytime people are out there he calls the police and then you get a nice fine, dont go onto heiss rd. i no there is a spot by the mall in monroe but i thinks its private property
fordf250man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM   #17
broncogurl351
chikun n bizcuits..
 
broncogurl351's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-24-10
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 332
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to broncogurl351 Send a message via Yahoo to broncogurl351 Send a message via Skype™ to broncogurl351
yea i been back by the mall spot n u dont wana go there cuz the police are watchin it alot more than before ive seen many ppl get in trouble there
broncogurl351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #18
jeepinitup
Car Ram Rod!
 
jeepinitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-05-09
Location: Devils Lake, MI
Posts: 368
iTrader: (4)
bundy is a great place! theres aton of trails and people are freiendly. I go there alot, and really like the place. Trails for everything from beginer to rock krawlers...
jeepinitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:21 PM   #19
cheapcherokee91
"cant worry about it"
 
cheapcherokee91's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Location: downriver,mi
Posts: 281
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer763 View Post
haha no. Never took my jeep back there. That was at Martinsville hill before I found out that you shouldn't be back there either.

I'm done going somewhere that my buddy's cousin's stepdad's friend knows the guy that owns the place.

I like riding and tooling around on my property anyways. No need to go tear up other peoples land.
ya they got martinsville hill blocked off now. check about all 5 entrances and there all pilled high with stumps and dirt. used to be my favorite place
cheapcherokee91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #20
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,410
iTrader: (11)
if there is signs posted Off Road Area find out more about it from the owners or person who runs that area if its ok to wheel there, if its not marked its not Legal at all stay off.

Just because you see some Property with trails on it don't mean it's legal for everyone to wheel on.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > GPS tracks and trails
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.29403 seconds with 50 queries