Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Duracell Car Battery?

11K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  trucker1234 
#1 · (Edited)
I was a Meijer a few days ago and I saw these. I will admit that branding makes me want one. Anyone no anything about these or have one? Are they a cheap battery with a nice label and a bitchin copper top lol? They cost 99 bucks and no core charge. Good for someone without a core, but I have one...

See less See more
#3 ·
Both these and the Meijer batteries are manufactured by the same company, and are supposed to be good-quality batteries. They offer slightly different warranties, though. The only thing that kept me from buying one for my XJ (I bought a Napa one instead) was that the Meijer options were 500 CCAs, while Napa offered a model with 800 CCAs. I chose to go the Napa route for the added "umpphhhh".

Craig

#6 ·
Has anyone bought one of these?

Duracell battery (65) so much cheaper (Sam's $85) compared to usual named batteries at NAPA, Advance, etc. Need two for the truck (F250 diesel) so the savings is well over $100. However it is NOT a savings if they're not good batteries.
Have searched the internet for reviews or any news whatsoever and can't find anything. Realize that since they only came a few years ago, the real test will be in a couple more years, but if anyone has bought one, please let me know your experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.