optical illusion - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #1
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
Default optical illusion

__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers
ouchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #2
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

This guy is so full of himself. Prayer does have an effect. Science can't always explain the miracles that do happen. This is exactly what I was saying before. A women has cancer one day and it's gone the next. Science can't explain it, It's a Miracle. A Women is stranded in a city and only has a pay phone. She calls her husbands office, the husband picks up and says "yes, who is this". Her "It's your wife", HIm "How'd you know how to get a hold of me", Her "I called your office", Him "I'm at the airport, I just picked up this random payphone that was ringing". These things happen, I've witnessed them first hand. They can't be denied. Something this guy forgot to mention.


He also never went over the answer "no". Christians are encouraged to seek out what God has to say. Not just wait. This guy is going on the assumption that we think God is a Genie in a bottle that grants our wishes. The fact of the matter is that if he was, You'd be saved, as well as Sova, And all you other guys on here. :shrug:.

The Coincidences are not. Instead of an IRS check, it's a random check for EXACTLY the amount prayed for, No name, No address, no hint to someone. Experienced that one first hand as well. There are things in this world that are unexplainable and I hope, and pray this guy comes across one soon. Then his whole "Optical Illusion" will be blown out of the water. Science is a restriction in someways, This guy proves it.


Edit: BTW, what's with the Anti-Christian Stuff? Did you go to church and feel convicted of something? Trying to justify feelings you can't understand?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #3
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Feeling convicted... thats a good one Scott
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #4
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I prayed for an 18" weiner and the next day I got a daschund.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #5
87mopar
Web Wheeler :(
 
87mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-08-08
Location: Lansing
Posts: 1,663
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i am prolly hangin myself here but i am kinda in the middle i was raised christian and grew up goin to church but i dont know if i believe or not i am such a rational person i want proof for everything or stuff thats not proof i think luck... as for science if they cant explain something they will be able to one day look at the past at one point they couldnt explain what chose weather you were a boy or girl now they know. i know that is a shitty example but i am still in the middle of what to do. i guess i am half and half i look at facts and reasoning but i want to think there is a god
__________________
"Insert Comedic and or ego boosting quote questioning another members sexual orientation here"
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/imageho...60bd7ea6d9.gif
87mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #6
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87mopar View Post
i am prolly hangin myself here but i am kinda in the middle i was raised christian and grew up goin to church but i dont know if i believe or not i am such a rational person i want proof for everything or stuff thats not proof i think luck... as for science if they cant explain something they will be able to one day look at the past at one point they couldnt explain what chose weather you were a boy or girl now they know. i know that is a shitty example but i am still in the middle of what to do. i guess i am half and half i look at facts and reasoning but i want to think there is a god
There's nothing wrong with rationality. I tend to be more rational but I also have a faith. I think both can live tremendously well together. I also get what you're saying about the "well they didn't know how this worked back then" idea I just don't agree with it. That's ok.

Could there be some unknown way/system that humans connect with each other that's out of our scope of science right now? Sure. I know there is between believers, it's called the holy spirit. I've experienced a person say "I think we need to pray for ......." and we did and then we get an E-mail or phone call from them saying they were in trouble last night at the same time we were praying and then all of a sudden felt a peace about it. . How does that communication work? We say God now. Could it be some form of Network we have built into us, Sure.

All I know is that I've personally witnessed prayers get answered with pin point accuracy that the only explanation was God. One being the example I gave earlier. Our youth pastor was in need of a couple thousand dollars and we prayed about it in youth group (not around the Parents) and the next day there was a knock on the door and there was the exact amount. It's uncanny the specific ways prayers are met. This is one MAJOR reason I believe what I do. But, I'm not saying the answer is always yes.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #7
Yota Bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-24-08
Location: Morrice, Mi
Posts: 3,229
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

so your saying that there is no way the people took it upon themselves to pool thier money and donate it of thier own free will? that they were forced to donate the money against thier will?

all I am saying is that you believe it be a miracle because you want to believe it is a miracle...people who beleive in ghosts and want to find proof of them always end up taking pictures or audio that proves there was a ghost there.
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #8
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,347
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

For the love of all things, really? another god damn arguement about religion? oh wait excause me, it's about prayer, my bad.....

God doesn't make things happen because you prayed for it, he gives you the opportunity to do somthing, instead of doing it for you (heard that from a movie, and that makes the most sense to me), that's if you believe god does anything at all.

It's entirely more likely that when people pray for something, that it's more likely to happen because the person makes more of an effored to make it happen, or not happen. It's just like if a person truly believes that they're going to get, and the get sick, because they knew they were going to. Same thing with prayer, they pray for something, then when it happens it was because god or something else made it happen, no you made it happen for yourself. If it doesn't happen then it's not meant to be. Who knows, god may even give some people a freebie because he's in a good mood that day
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #9
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

I watched that and all I got from it was that I wasted 8 minutes and 46 seconds I'll never get back.

I can see no real message, other than someone spent alot of time to produce that rubbish. Prayer is to help the individual communicate with God and is their business.

Who am I, or anyone else for that matter, to tell someone that prayer works for them or not?
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #10
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Bill View Post
so your saying that there is no way the people took it upon themselves to pool thier money and donate it of thier own free will? that they were forced to donate the money against thier will?

all I am saying is that you believe it be a miracle because you want to believe it is a miracle...people who beleive in ghosts and want to find proof of them always end up taking pictures or audio that proves there was a ghost there.

Sure, maybe a group of people pooled thier money together. It's possible. We have a artist come to our campus ministry every year and this year it has been very tough financially for his ministry. He was saying how they've been struggling but not telling anybody about it because they didn't want to burden them. In one single night he was offered 1500 dollars from a collection at a church he played at. That church had 12 people in it. Some guy came up to him before the concert at a Gas station and offered to buy him tires for his car, which he needed. The next week a Church, that had no clue he was in need, gave him a few more thousand because they felt the holy spirit moving them to take a collection for him. Sure, it could be Coincidence, but man, that's a stretch for coincidence even.

Note, I also didn't say you were wrong. Life is alot of what you make of it. Pure and Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
For the love of all things, really? another god damn arguement about religion? oh wait excause me, it's about prayer, my bad.....

God doesn't make things happen because you prayed for it, he gives you the opportunity to do somthing, instead of doing it for you (heard that from a movie, and that makes the most sense to me), that's if you believe god does anything at all.

It's entirely more likely that when people pray for something, that it's more likely to happen because the person makes more of an effored to make it happen, or not happen. It's just like if a person truly believes that they're going to get, and the get sick, because they knew they were going to. Same thing with prayer, they pray for something, then when it happens it was because god or something else made it happen, no you made it happen for yourself. If it doesn't happen then it's not meant to be. Who knows, god may even give some people a freebie because he's in a good mood that day
I just don't know how someone makes Cancer disappear over night with will power. Praying for people is a great way to encourage them and contraary to this video it does help. If people truly felt it didn't they wouldn't be willing to have someone pray for them. Our ministry meets for bible study in the dorms often. We also go into the dorms often, door to door, and ask if people need prayer. They usually say yes.

Life, in General, is what we make of it (like I said above) but sometimes there are those things that just are not possible or explainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
I watched that and all I got from it was that I wasted 8 minutes and 46 seconds I'll never get back.

I can see no real message, other than someone spent alot of time to produce that rubbish. Prayer is to help the individual communicate with God and is their business.

Who am I, or anyone else for that matter, to tell someone that prayer works for them or not?
Thank you, Once again.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #11
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchman View Post
Optical illusion.....hahahahahaha I suppose you voted for Obama, talk about an illusion. Talk about no common sense.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #12
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
This guy is so full of himself. Prayer does have an effect. Science can't always explain the miracles that do happen. This is exactly what I was saying before. A women has cancer one day and it's gone the next Please tell us exactly which lady had cancer one day and it was gone the next..
...
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #13
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I just don't know how someone makes Cancer disappear over night .
Well, misdiagnosis comes to mind...
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #14
shouldabenacowboy
Hope and Change?
 
shouldabenacowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-29-08
Location: Marysville
Posts: 933
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Optical illusion.....hahahahahaha I suppose you voted for Obama, talk about an illusion. Talk about no common sense.
HAHA.. I didnt even bother watching the video...but I thought (hoped) that when I opened the thread it would have been something to do with "hope and change". Biggest optical illusion around.
shouldabenacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #15
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,988
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

If something we can't explain happens, I feel it's just that, something that can't be explained. Not a miracle.

We understand so little about the human brain, body, and generally about the world around us that it's often we don't have a clue what is going on.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #16
gp320
Member
 
Join Date: 06-10-10
Location: Fenton,MI
Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

agree with the most that miracles do happen and things always work out if you are neg about things nothing good will happen if your positive and have faith and look at the bright side of things, good things will happen. i also think that the vid was a pile of shit i dont go to church every sunday but i do pray for people and pray for myself as well (starting new job, financial situations etc) and things always seem to work out because i have faith that it will....idk i guess im just ranting but i do with l4cx... i was told that my son had kidney problems before he was born and i just told my self that things will work out and they did he was a kidney short just cant drink liquor when hes older but it could of been way worse i figured it was gods way of saying he wont be wasted on new years and get his gf prego lol
gp320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #17
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Well, misdiagnosis comes to mind...
Happens All the time. I don't need to give you a name. Also, MRI's Don't lie usually. A "mass" shows up as a mass one day and is gone the next.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #18
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Happens All the time. I don't need to give you a name. Also, MRI's Don't lie usually. A "mass" shows up as a mass one day and is gone the next.
Wrong pal. My first wife DIED due to misdiagnosis. MRI's don't lie, but doctors misinterpret the results on a regular basis because, as you are quick to point out, god created us as imperfect creatures.

And of course, I can tell you about the guy who was killed in a car accident, but his family prayed to the Holy Turtle, and now he's alive! Woohoo! It's a miracle!!!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #19
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Wrong pal. My first wife DIED due to misdiagnosis. MRI's don't lie, but doctors misinterpret the results on a regular basis because, as you are quick to point out, god created us as imperfect creatures.

And of course, I can tell you about the guy who was killed in a car accident, but his family prayed to the Holy Turtle, and now he's alive! Woohoo! It's a miracle!!!
Well, I'm sorry your wife died. That doesn't exuse the fact the miracles do happen. Things that are unexplainable happen. When they are coupled with prayers of faithful Christians, boom, Miracle. Also, God did not create us as imperfect creatures. I have never said that, nor will I ever admit that. He created us perfect. We allowed sin to corrupt our lives and make us imperfect. Obviously you don't get what I've been saying.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 1.29097 seconds with 80 queries