Devos or Granholm - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
View Poll Results: Who are you going to vote for?
Devos all the Way! 114 73.55%
Granholm for a 2 term 25 16.13%
I don't car, not gonna vote, then am gonna bitch about the winner. 16 10.32%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:11 PM   #41
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,436
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Lets talk about who sells what,..........anybody familiar with the White Pine Trail on the West side?
Jenny just sold it to Fred Meijer for a Million dollars so that he can have his name on the trail.

It will take at least 250K just to change all the signs to say, "Fred Meijer White Pine trail"

The Part that Pisses me off, is that my family donated a 42 Mile strip of that fricken trail to the state so that it could be used by the Public. I don't see my last name on that trail,.......and another thing 42 Miles by 66 feet wide length of property is worth a lot more then one million dollars.

Jenny from the Block, as far as I'm concerned can go crawl under her Canadian Rock.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #42
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE
Lets talk about who sells what,..........anybody familiar with the White Pine Trail on the West side?
Jenny just sold it to Fred Meijer for a Million dollars so that he can have his name on the trail.

It will take at least 250K just to change all the signs to say, "Fred Meijer White Pine trail"

The Part that Pisses me off, is that my family donated a 42 Mile strip of that fricken trail to the state so that it could be used by the Public. I don't see my last name on that trail,.......and another thing 42 Miles by 66 feet wide length of property is worth a lot more then one million dollars.

Jenny from the Block, as far as I'm concerned can go crawl under her Canadian Rock.
Did the million bucks go to the states general fund or where was it spent ? Cant imagin under old grandhomole is was spent on the trail :tonka:

Laser surgery for her hairy lip = $600
quarter for rat to knaw off the moles

that leaves $999,399.75 for trail maintainence and improvements.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #43
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,436
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

She thinks she can pave the rest of the trail for what money is left over after the signs..................it will never happen!
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #44
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann


On the plus side "SHE" did bring 100 Google jobs and only lost 40,000 jobs, so thatís a big plus for me. And we have the second worst economy after Alaska ... which though a state is really more like the Wild West so you can just call Michiganís economy the worst. More free thinking?
Are you F'ing serious? This may be the MOST IGNORANT POST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Granholm did not lose the jobs, the global economy did. We cannot compete with cheaper labor overseas with the Unions the way they are. In addition, we have a high percentage of auto jobs here in MI. If they are going to be lost, of course they are going to come from here, not South Dakota for Gods sake.

Utterly ridiculous logic.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #45
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb
Are you F'ing serious? This may be the MOST IGNORANT POST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Granholm did not lose the jobs, the global economy did. We cannot compete with cheaper labor overseas with the Unions the way they are. In addition, we have a high percentage of auto jobs here in MI. If they are going to be lost, of course they are going to come from here, not South Dakota for Gods sake.

Utterly ridiculous logic.
:tonka: That his favorite logic to use. So I take it that you have taken an economic class before.

Just to warn you he's from the Grosse Point enviorment which breads know-it-alls so watch out!!

:tonka: :tonka: :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #46
heath_36
$200 dollar paint job
 
heath_36's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-06
Location: Gaylord/Houghton Michigan
Posts: 293
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Hell, I can just finally vote and Iím completely clueless as to whom to vote for. All that I know about Granholm is she is extremely stigmatized against, and to some extent i can understand why, but DeVoss I know nothing about. Most of my friends are voting for him yet most of them are narrow-minded idiots. Whenever I see Granholm on a commercial she seems like she taking every opportunity to jump on whichever bandwagon most appeals to the public, IE gas prices, yet DeVoss actually addresses the economic stature of the state. I live in the northern part of the LP so I can't really vouch for DeVoss like the people from GR or down south but right now I'm looking for some answers because this state is shit creek up a river without a paddle. When I came home from college it took me 21 applications and 1+ month, likewise to most of my friends, to find a job and that is total bullshit. I'll have to do some research on DeVoss but seeing how Granholm ran this state into the ground I don't much plan on voting for her unless DeVoss proves to be a piece of shit.
heath_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #47
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb
Are you F'ing serious? This may be the MOST IGNORANT POST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Granholm did not lose the jobs, the global economy did. We cannot compete with cheaper labor overseas with the Unions the way they are. In addition, we have a high percentage of auto jobs here in MI. If they are going to be lost, of course they are going to come from here, not South Dakota for Gods sake.

Utterly ridiculous logic.
either she is responsible or she is not. She cant be responsible for bringing jobs to fill TV commerical time .... and not responsible for losing them. The reason we got the google gig is the co founder is from lansing and went to U of M simple as that. Nothing to do with old jenny.

Taxes here are too high, she is not pro small business, and the is not stemming the flow of jobs that are being lost as a result of manufacturing jobs. She panders to the union crowd. How is that helpful ???

Manufacturing jobs are not DEAD IN AMERICA. Just not growing in michigan. The japanese and koreans are building new plants IN THE US!!! JUST NOT IN MICHIGAN!! :miff:
We didnt enter a global economy 4 years ago. In terms of the global economy relatively little has changed since Japan became a major player AFTER WWII. After that i would say when china opened up its borders, that didnt happen in the last 4 years. :miff:

Tell me one thing she has done (or even supported) to foster small business growth and i will say the economy is not her fault and not a burden that should end her career as governor.

Heres some logic for you wisedumb and CUMJEEPER .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb
Granholm did not lose the jobs, the global economy did. We cannot compete with cheaper labor overseas with the Unions the way they are. In addition, we have a high percentage of auto jobs here in MI.
Really union suck, thats news. The state cant compete because of unions the way they are .... 1. we dont need unions,

2. they are holding us behind and your in the mindset "the way they are is the problem". Yeah the way they are as in existing period.

3. We are not jsut competeing with over seas. Why would we try to compete with india and china (in terms of labor costs) and not compete with ohio, indiana,tennesee, alabama etc where other plants are going? DUUUUUUR tell me how we arent on a level playing field and cant compete with alabama, and ill buy you all the beer you can drink in one evening. Your telling me what she said in her own commerical is crazy and you are saying plants should be empty here, while billions invested down south FOR THE SAME PRODUCTS!!! We are getting our ass handed to us by the other states not jsut globally.

Last edited by jamiesann; August 12th, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:24 AM   #48
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,445
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann
And we have the second worst economy after Alaska ... which though a state is really more like the Wild West so you can just call Michiganís economy the worst. More free thinking?
I also read that Detroit is 99th out of the 100 largest citys as far as finding jobs go... 100th was New Orleans.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #49
ZOPILOTE
Senior Member
 
ZOPILOTE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Rocky Top
Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I can only thank goodness, for Ohio. If it weren't for the Buckeye state. I would most likely be stuck in the toilet commonly referred to as Michigan,
ZOPILOTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #50
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
Wow, there is an informed voter.
Why take the time to learn the candidates and establish a position?

That takes too long. I'm just going to throw a dart to decide who to vote for. Was going to flip a coin but that is way too over used.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #51
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
AmWay = NOWAY

Now that is a convincing arguement.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #52
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
Riiight, our blue collar neighborhood sure couldn't spend the money from the much lower property taxes that your Richie Richie property taxes provided. Even if we collectively wanted too.

I'm not bitching cause we are less wealthy as your district but just stating that funding isn't the same.

C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #53
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
:tonka: That his favorite logic to use. So I take it that you have taken an economic class before.

Just to warn you he's from the Grosse Point enviorment which breads know-it-alls so watch out!!

:tonka: :tonka: :tonka:
Wow, you took an economics class? An undergraguate level economics class at that? And one from (the top ranked) CMU?

You have got to be kidding me. I agree with you, intro to micro/macro econ certainly makes you the most informed person on this site.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #54
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann
either she is responsible or she is not. She cant be responsible for bringing jobs to fill TV commerical time .... and not responsible for losing them. The reason we got the google gig is the co founder is from lansing and went to U of M simple as that. Nothing to do with old jenny. AGREED. A FINE POINT.

Taxes here are too high, she is not pro small business, and the is not stemming the flow of jobs that are being lost as a result of manufacturing jobs. She panders to the union crowd. How is that helpful ??? Taxes are too high, another fine point. But most of the workers who are losing jobs do not have the skillset to work somewhere like google. Thats not Jennys fault.

Manufacturing jobs are not DEAD IN AMERICA. Just not growing in michigan. The japanese and koreans are building new plants IN THE US!!! JUST NOT IN MICHIGAN!! :miff: This is because of the union presence here. Nissan isnt gonna build a non-union plant in the middle of union country. Also not Jennys fault.


We didnt enter a global economy 4 years ago. In terms of the global economy relatively little has changed since Japan became a major player AFTER WWII. After that i would say when china opened up its borders, that didnt happen in the last 4 years. :miff: It takes more than a night for HUGE corporations to begin to make changes. But you are right, the politicians and corporations should have seen this coming and apparently didnt. We do have a big problem with china and india now that cannot be rectified if we continue to do things the way the isolationist USA has done in the past.

Tell me one thing she has done (or even supported) to foster small business growth and i will say the economy is not her fault and not a burden that should end her career as governor.

Here you go:
http://www.michigan.gov/gov/0,1607,7...6789--,00.html


Heres some logic for you wisedumb and CUMJEEPER .....

Really union suck, thats news. The state cant compete because of unions the way they are .... 1. we dont need unions,

2. they are holding us behind and your in the mindset "the way they are is the problem". Yeah the way they are as in existing period.

3. We are not jsut competeing with over seas. Why would we try to compete with india and china (in terms of labor costs) and not compete with ohio, indiana,tennesee, alabama etc where other plants are going? DUUUUUUR tell me how we arent on a level playing field and cant compete with alabama, and ill buy you all the beer you can drink in one evening. Your telling me what she said in her own commerical is crazy and you are saying plants should be empty here, while billions invested down south FOR THE SAME PRODUCTS!!! We are getting our ass handed to us by the other states not jsut globally.
Some fine points though. It appears as though we may agree on some issues.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #55
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,942
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
Wow, you took an economics class? An undergraguate level economics class at that? And one from (the top ranked) CMU?

You have got to be kidding me. I agree with you, intro to micro/macro econ certainly makes you the most informed person on this site.
Shit, I must be a damn guru then since I have a degree in Economics. :tonka:

I can't blame the drop in Michigan's economy on ol' Jenny. The state has been so stuck on supporting the Big 3 for so long that any drop in those companies is going to destroy most of the state's economy. This isn't her fault. It's been that way for a very long time. She still hasn't done anything about it though. The fact that nothing is being done to solve the problem rests squarely on her shoulders. Force the UAW out of business so that the rest of Michigan can get back in business.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #56
Miffy
Senior Member
 
Miffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: My home
Posts: 5,826
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Miffy
Default

She was put in office by the City votes, we up north do not like Aunt Jenny and she can go back to canada for all we care up here. She has not looked out for us at all and took away our funds from the snowmachine trails, and small businesses up here are hurting and she is not doing anything up here to help us. so no she will not get my vote. This other guy who knows they all spread so much crap who knows??? guess all we can do is give him a try she had her turn and failed us up here anyway.
Miffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #57
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler
Shit, I must be a damn guru then since I have a degree in Economics. :tonka:

I can't blame the drop in Michigan's economy on ol' Jenny. The state has been so stuck on supporting the Big 3 for so long that any drop in those companies is going to destroy most of the state's economy. This isn't her fault. It's been that way for a very long time. She still hasn't done anything about it though. The fact that nothing is being done to solve the problem rests squarely on her shoulders. Force the UAW out of business so that the rest of Michigan can get back in business.
So you only have an undergrad degree in economics? That is not going to be enough for SolGood. :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #58
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What about the crime level aspect of Jenn's actions? She's key in cutting the State Police and prisons budget as well as revenue sharing. Revenue sharing directly supports much of Michigans local law enforcement. When it's diverted to social programs and block grants (historically shown not to work in high crime areas) by Jenn (without us even getting a tax break ) it in turn causes us to pay millages for police coverage we should already have. Yet she's on TV yapping about wanting to make drive by shootings some huge 10-15 year felony. Great plan, who's going to arrest these punks when she's whiddled all the cops away? And if they are caught, are we going to have any prisons left to put them in? She doesn't think beyond her sound byte. Devos hit the nail on the head with crime when he responded to Jenn's new drive by law: Instead of making up new laws, we need enough police to enforce the laws we have now.

She also doesn't seem to get that 100 small businesses and their employees kicking in reasonable taxes equals or is greater than 1 big tax break/renaissance zone business' tax contribution.

And she's destroying our favorite hobby, unless your all here just for the whitty political banter of CMU
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #59
drummond
MTU 4x4
 
drummond's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 1,406
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade II
What about the crime level aspect of Jenn's actions? She's key in cutting the State Police and prisons budget as well as revenue sharing. Revenue sharing directly supports much of Michigans local law enforcement. When it's diverted to social programs and block grants (historically shown not to work in high crime areas) by Jenn (without us even getting a tax break ) it in turn causes us to pay millages for police coverage we should already have. Yet she's on TV yapping about wanting to make drive by shootings some huge 10-15 year felony. Great plan, who's going to arrest these punks when she's whiddled all the cops away? And if they are caught, are we going to have any prisons left to put them in? She doesn't think beyond her sound byte. Devos hit the nail on the head with crime when he responded to Jenn's new drive by law: Instead of making up new laws, we need enough police to enforce the laws we have now.

She also doesn't seem to get that 100 small businesses and their employees kicking in reasonable taxes equals or is greater than 1 big tax break/renaissance zone business' tax contribution.

And she's destroying our favorite hobby, unless your all here just for the whitty political banter of CMU

but interestingly enough, she hired more DNR CO's. hmmmm
drummond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #60
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
So you only have an undergrad degree in economics? That is not going to be enough for SolGood. :tonka:
I would take hie undergrad degree in econ (plus the MBA he is working on) over your econ class in a second.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35877 seconds with 81 queries