school me on the RZR side by sides - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Quads, Bikes, and Sleds
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM   #21
2001v10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-20-06
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 128
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin' XJ View Post
I got a set for our Gator at work and it only cost about $320. Granted they are street tires but I can't imagine a mud tire in the size that would fit a Rzr would be that much. We got white trailer wheels and painted them black.
What size rims? Most SxS's come with 12" rims and finding appropriately sized tires kind of sucks. Reason I say $1K is because most guys end up upgrading to either a 14" or 15" rim to get into a decent tread truck tire. Now if you're talking about rolling around the street with car tires and having another set of trail only tires, then your route would work. TSL used to make a 27-inch TSL Swamper and BFG had a A/T for 14" rims but both are discontinued. Not aware of any off-road type DOT approved tires for a 12" rim.

Can-Am will be wider than 50-inches.

RZR is only option for 50" and under. As noted above, most ATV trails in Michigan are tight for a 48" wide quad like my YFZ used to be. I was pondering the RZR but riding alot of trails with my YFZ450 pretty much told me 50" would be too wide for those trails although still technically legal. With the bigger turning radius of a SxS and the extra height, it would be a challenge and may end up more frustrating than fun.
2001v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:08 PM   #22
Flexin' XJ
Senior Member
 
Flexin' XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: Holt, MI
Posts: 4,459
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001v10 View Post
What size rims? Most SxS's come with 12" rims and finding appropriately sized tires kind of sucks. Reason I say $1K is because most guys end up upgrading to either a 14" or 15" rim to get into a decent tread truck tire. Now if you're talking about rolling around the street with car tires and having another set of trail only tires, then your route would work. TSL used to make a 27-inch TSL Swamper and BFG had a A/T for 14" rims but both are discontinued. Not aware of any off-road type DOT approved tires for a 12" rim.
We are running 205/75R15 tires on wagon wheels. But yeah, trying to find an offroad tire that small might be the challenge. 235/75R15 seems to be the smallest size in an offroad tread. But trying to run an ATV tire on pavement will wear out super quick. That is why we went to the above wheels/tires.

D.O.T. Approved ATV/UTV tires
http://www.pureoffroad.com/efx_motogrip_atv_tires.htm
http://www.pureoffroad.com/interco_s..._atv_tires.htm
Flexin' XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #23
CJ5sbc
Senior Member
 
CJ5sbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-10
Location: Mason, mi
Posts: 137
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Probably kind of late but I can get you a great deal on a RZR and some really aggressive dot tires on 15 custom wheels for $900.
CJ5sbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:23 AM   #24
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,529
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5sbc View Post
Probably kind of late but I can get you a great deal on a RZR and some really aggressive dot tires on 15 custom wheels for $900.
new or used rzr...I want a new one because I dont think any takes it easy on those things
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #25
CJ5sbc
Senior Member
 
CJ5sbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-10
Location: Mason, mi
Posts: 137
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Either a new 2010 or 2011.
CJ5sbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #26
Trail Junkie
iamfawkinwithyou
 
Trail Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: Zeeland, west of Grand Rapids
Posts: 31,726
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Did u miss a 0?
Trail Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #27
CJ5sbc
Senior Member
 
CJ5sbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-10
Location: Mason, mi
Posts: 137
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Tires and wheels (EFX motogrip dot approved tires 15" aluminum wheels) are $900 you keep stock wheels and tires. A 2011 RZR for $9900 + tax.

http://www.pureoffroad.com/efx_motogrip_atv_tires.htm

Last edited by CJ5sbc; November 24th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
CJ5sbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #28
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

id look into a 2 up polaris 800 atv ... imo
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #29
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,529
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5sbc View Post
Tires and wheels (EFX motogrip dot approved tires 15" aluminum wheels) are $900 you keep stock wheels and tires. A 2011 RZR for $9900 + tax.

http://www.pureoffroad.com/efx_motogrip_atv_tires.htm
I want a "s" or a "SLE" 2010 or 2011...other than paint&seats what is the differance?
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #30
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i think the s is the wider stance one ... i went to the badlands last weekend with a freind who has a 2010 polaris s with bighorn 2.0 tires, stereo, and a crap load of other mods. the this is fast as hell and suprisingly smooth as well. pretty much any thing you put in front of it, it will climb it.
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #31
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

oh yea ... big horn 2.0 tires ftw ... those are awsome.
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #32
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,529
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
i think the s is the wider stance one ... i went to the badlands last weekend with a freind who has a 2010 polaris s with bighorn 2.0 tires, stereo, and a crap load of other mods. the this is fast as hell and suprisingly smooth as well. pretty much any thing you put in front of it, it will climb it.

the "S" and the "SLE" are both "S's"....I think the LE is paint and seats, but I'm not sure
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #33
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

possibly ... from what ive read the new rzrs have powersteering as well
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #34
CJ5sbc
Senior Member
 
CJ5sbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-10
Location: Mason, mi
Posts: 137
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The "S" model comes painted with Fox Shocks or molded red with std. shocks. The S model is also 10" wider than a stock RZR at 60" and comes with fender flares and Bighorn's. Power steering is an option for 2011 on certain L.E. models but will run you about $800 for that option.
CJ5sbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #35
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,529
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5sbc View Post
The "S" model comes painted with Fox Shocks or molded red with std. shocks. The S model is also 10" wider than a stock RZR at 60" and comes with fender flares and Bighorn's. Power steering is an option for 2011 on certain L.E. models but will run you about $800 for that option.
Okay i know for sure know you have no idea what you are talking about....I've been looking hard at these for the past month now and I am ready to buy...some things I've learned...the "S" is not painted, the body is red plastic just like the base model rzr...the "SLE" is painted...Polaris's website states both the "S" and "SLE" come with the sachs shocks(no longer using the fox) however when I go look at them at the dealer (only the SLE because nobody has just an S in stock) they have the fox shocks on them...so I was wondering if its worth the extra $1000 to get th SLE over the S if the shocks are the same?
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #36
CJ5sbc
Senior Member
 
CJ5sbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-10
Location: Mason, mi
Posts: 137
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It would depend on what year you are speaking of as I have both in stock. Prior to 2011 there was no such thing as RZR S that was not painted. For 2011 a std. RZR S is molded red as I stated, and comes with the sachs shock that does not come with a resevoir. I do have one of those in stock unlike most dealers. The L.E. version for 2011 does in fact have the Fox Podium shock. To answer your question it may or may not be worth the price difference. You would be more likely to experience shock fade on the standard if you are an agressive driver. You also get a more premium tire with the L.E. as well as the obvious cosmetic differences. To clarify it is actually a $1500 difference between the two models.
CJ5sbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #37
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,529
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5sbc View Post
It would depend on what year you are speaking of as I have both in stock. Prior to 2011 there was no such thing as RZR S that was not painted. For 2011 a std. RZR S is molded red as I stated, and comes with the sachs shock that does not come with a resevoir. I do have one of those in stock unlike most dealers. The L.E. version for 2011 does in fact have the Fox Podium shock. To answer your question it may or may not be worth the price difference. You would be more likely to experience shock fade on the standard if you are an agressive driver. You also get a more premium tire with the L.E. as well as the obvious cosmetic differences. To clarify it is actually a $1500 difference between the two models.
makes sense, but I couldnt find one in stock to prove my threory...PM me your best OTD price for an 11 SLE and where your dealership is at...I dont really care about the color, I guess whatever is cheaper...if not the carbon blk one will do...
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #38
CJ5sbc
Senior Member
 
CJ5sbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-10
Location: Mason, mi
Posts: 137
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

pm sent
CJ5sbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #39
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,529
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

To all...he sent me a good price! if you are in the market i would give him a shot
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #40
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,529
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

CJ5sbc rocks...he came through with a great price and is a man of his word...I know have a rzr in my garage...thanks again
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Quads, Bikes, and Sleds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31160 seconds with 80 queries