Uh oh, testimony states "Obama knew about the Blagojevich scam" in Chicago - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,545
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default Uh oh, testimony states "Obama knew about the Blagojevich scam" in Chicago

I sure hope this ends up having some facts behind it. Because proof of this would cause an impeachment in about 2 days.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/b...LAGO24.article



Harris said Blagojevich came away believing Obama knew what he wanted after having a conversation with a local union representative, who in turn spoke with labor leader Tom Balanoff, with whom Blagojevich met to discuss a Jarrett appointment. Jarrett, now a White House adviser, was seeking the appointment to Obama's Senate seat.





Defense lawyers say Harris' testimony contradicts the government's previous public statements that Obama knew nothing about deal-making involving the Senate seat appointment.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Yota Bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-24-08
Location: Morrice, Mi
Posts: 3,229
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

even if it is true, it wont matter...kinda sucks, saying the name "Hoffa" is alot easier then saying the name "Blagojevich"
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #3
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

please please be true. this would be the best.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #4
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

This is some delicious . I facebooked the article to piss off all the uber-libs who havent deleted me yet.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #5
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,433
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Blagojevich's hair scares me.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #6
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Blagojevich's hair scares me.
I believe thats actually a small mammal on his head.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #7
v2win
Senior Member
 
v2win's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-18-07
Location: Sterling Heights Mi
Posts: 360
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Would you really want Biden in charge?

Not that BHO is any better.
v2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #8
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,985
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2win View Post
Would you really want Biden in charge?

Not that BHO is any better.
Better than Obama, because the Hispanic and Black support would probably drop out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #9
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,532
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Default

When will you fuckers realize Obama's greatest strength is the teflon caoting he seems to have?

Seriously. Have you seen any shit stick to him yet?
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #10
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,397
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
When will you fuckers realize Obama's greatest strength is the teflon caoting he seems to have?

Seriously. Have you seen any shit stick to him yet?
Key word. We can only hope.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #11
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
When will you fuckers realize Obama's greatest strength is the teflon caoting he seems to have?

Seriously. Have you seen any shit stick to him yet?
Not yet, but the wave is building.

The press is starting to turn, ever so slightly.

While they're still in the tank for BHO, the tone has changed from one of reverence and awe to a more even tone, especially over his dithering over the gulf oil situation.

For example, while they don't criticize his golf outings openly, they do dutifully report how often they occur. They could opt to just ignore them.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #12
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Default

If he gets impeached for anything, riots would break out all across the country.

He could stand up and admit to this and nothing would happen to him.
__________________
If you're like me you like to talk to things. I'm Gary Busey!!
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #13
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Key word. We can only HOPE.
Finally, 'hope' I can support!

Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #14
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,545
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Why in the hell are union officials selecting who his nominated for a seat? Wtf is going on here?

Obama contacted Thomas Balanoff (a union offical) to tell him who he (obama) would recommend the night before the election
http://blogs.suntimes.com/blago/2010...alled_day.html




However, Obama stated this, right after the story broke about the selling of the senate seat which means he lied to the FBI .


"I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so I was not aware of what was happening," Mr. Obama said. "And as I said it is a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that I don't it's appropriate to comment." From the Huffington Post 12-09-2008

This statement is pure bullshit since he called a union official to tell them who he would recommend being selected.




NOTE TO CHICAGO DEMOCRATS: Union officials are NOT part of the governmental process.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #15
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Why in the hell are union officials selecting who his nominated for a seat? Wtf is going on here?

Obama contacted Thomas Balanoff (a union offical) to tell him who he (obama) would recommend the night before the election
http://blogs.suntimes.com/blago/2010...alled_day.html

However, Obama stated this, right after the story broke about the selling of the senate seat which means he lied to the FBI .

"I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so I was not aware of what was happening," Mr. Obama said. "And as I said it is a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that I don't it's appropriate to comment." From the Huffington Post 12-09-2008

This statement is pure bullshit since he called a union official to tell them who he would recommend being selected.

NOTE TO CHICAGO DEMOCRATS: Union officials are NOT part of the governmental process.
I want him to be guilty of something too, but is the Union Offical a member of the Governor's Office? That statement doesn't seem to be a lie and it appears that messenger selection was done with intent in order to ensure it would not be. He obviously acted with the intent of insulating himself.

Last edited by PävementPounder; June 30th, 2010 at 09:14 AM.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #16
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,545
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
I want him to be guilty of something too, but is the Union Offical a member of the Governor's Office? That statement doesn't seem to be a lie and it appears that messenger selection was done with intent.
I'm actually confused. Why would obama contact a union president? If this union president has so much power that he can alter the decision, isn't he a member of the governors office?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #17
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I'm actually confused. Why would obama contact a union president? If this union president has so much power that he can alter the decision, isn't he a member of the governors office?
As I said, I think he just used him as a messenger so that there would not be any direct contact between himself and the Governor and he could actually state that without telling a lie.


Haven't you ever watch the Sopranos? Tony began giving orders through other people so that the order could not be directly traced back to him.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #18
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,143
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
As I said, I think he just used him as a messenger so that there would not be any direct contact between himself and the Governor and he could actually state that without telling a lie.


Haven't you ever watch the Sopranos? Tony began giving orders through other people so that the order could not be directly traced back to him.
Haha! Now Obama is "acting" like the Mafia Godfather... Good catch!
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.23131 seconds with 74 queries