"Morality Issues" - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #61
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn
I knew of one gay wheeler. A freind of a former co-worker. A pretty cool guy actually, he knew every gay joke there is and wasn't offended by any of them.
Well that is interesting. I guess the older generation (baby boomers) has opened the closet door to them so I doubt we'll ever beable to close it.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #62
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,414
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
Well that is interesting. I guess the older generation (baby boomers) has opened the closet door to them so I doubt we'll ever beable to close it.
Why are you such a douche bag?

I would enjoy talking to you after you grow up...in say, ten years. It will be interesting to see how you have changed your views.

If you become as rich as you plan, you certainly will not keep up your commie/socialist views. Also, you will learn thay gay people do not want to fukc you. Who cares what they do. They have no bearing on you.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #63
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
.........................................Who cares what they (gays) do. They have no bearing on you.
Health care costs affect us all. When the infection rate of HIV/AIDS is the same in straight relationships as opposed to gay relationships then you have an argument.

Health insurance / car insurance, either way I don't want to pay for crapp(y) drivers
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #64
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,657
iTrader: (56)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
And this is compleatly different then some chick that doesn't want a kid and goes and gets an abortion and those situation are what I am against. In the situations above I would go with the recomendation of the medical staff which I stated previously because I don't know everything and trust them and their judgment.
Hehehee, every time you talk about this subject, you further show your lack of knowledge.

I agree with sol goode... come back in 10 years and see what you are then.

You'd probably like my parents. They are big time hippies. Long hair, Macrobiotic diet, everything they use is organic. True, no porsches, but they own 7 houses, retired at 50, and buy a new mercedes with cash every couple years. Even they'd laugh at how naive you are regarding politics. Especially since you want to be a small business owner in this state...
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #65
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,414
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade II
Health care costs affect us all. When the infection rate of HIV/AIDS is the same in straight relationships as opposed to gay relationships then you have an argument.

Health insurance / car insurance, either way I don't want to pay for crapp(y) drivers
This is your argument....come on, bring something better than healthcare costs. As I have said before, I don't care if people have healthcare or not. They are not entitled to it...if you want it, you will pay for it.

On a side note, how long have you lived in the 'Muth? I ask, b/c my wife is from there. She graduated in 1994 from FHS.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #66
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar
Hehehee, every time you talk about this subject, you further show your lack of knowledge.

I agree with sol goode... come back in 10 years and see what you are then.

You'd probably like my parents. They are big time hippies. Long hair, Macrobiotic diet, everything they use is organic. True, no porsches, but they own 7 houses, retired at 50, and buy a new mercedes with cash every couple years. Even they'd laugh at how naive you are regarding politics. Especially since you want to be a small business owner in this state...

Yes, your parents sound like that made a few good choices. And when did I say I want to own a business in this shit whole of a state? I'm out of here in 6 months. That probably makes your little willy all happy.

MI is the next Mississippi with the unions, lazy labor force and high wages. Good luck trying to attract new business to this state and it doesn't matter who the Governer is.

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; August 12th, 2006 at 03:51 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #67
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
Yes, your parents sound like that made a few good choices. And when did I say I want to own a business in this shit whole of a state? I'm out of here in 6 months. That probably makes your little willy all happy.

MI is the next Mississippi with the unions, lazy labor force and high wages. Good luck trying to attract new business to this state and it doesn't matter who the Governer is.
You dont need to have union labor ... :tonka: and i wouldnt say its very freethinking to think michiganders are any more or less lazy than the workforce of other states. I cant wait to see what you do after school and see how things turn out for you. This is going to be very interesting.

High wages arent a bad thing by themselves, when tied to an un competitive union it is. High wages and union are not one in the same. High wages mean there is disposable income to be spent which means its ripe to sell something aka open a business. :tonka: You would know that thoug since your a bigshot cmu student whos about to put the world on its ear, and set the business world ablaze
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #68
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann
You dont need to have union labor ... :tonka: and i wouldnt say its very freethinking to think michiganders are any more or less lazy than the workforce of other states. I cant wait to see what you do after school and see how things turn out for you. This is going to be very interesting.

High wages arent a bad thing by themselves, when tied to an un competitive union it is. High wages and union are not one in the same. High wages mean there is disposable income to be spent which means its ripe to sell something aka open a business. :tonka: You would know that thoug since your a bigshot cmu student whos about to put the world on its ear, and set the business world ablaze
Yes, I am a bigshot that knows that and high wages are fine for skilled people. With disposable income isn't the time to just open up a new business. Reasearch needs to be done and then choices to jump into new markets, buy parts of other businesses, up production by adding new capital investments/larger work force, dump it into retained earnings and RD or be contempt and pay your stockholders as mature companies do. Yes, this is coming from a bigshot from CMU so take notes.

By the way what do you do in life Jamiesann that gives you all this knowledge of the business world? Hopefully you just don't open up businesses with your disposable income because you wouldln't last very long if you make those decisions with out research.

The rest of the country and most businesses only see the SE portion of MI with its lazy workforce and unions and that is sad. There are many sucessful companies in MI that are not in that part of the state but don't draw enough attention to thier proper business techniques. Look at Delfield in Mt. Pleasant, Morbark in Win or SteelCase for example plus many others.

Who ever is the next governor has a serious image problem that needs to be addressed. Untill this problem is addressed and resloved MI is going to slip farther and farther in the wrong direction. SE MI is only a small portion of the entire state and the country needs to realize that MI has a lot more to offer.

Edit: This also ties into the Jenny/Devos topic

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; August 12th, 2006 at 04:58 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #69
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens
 
Renegade II's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Frankenmuth, Mi.
Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
This is your argument....come on, bring something better than healthcare costs. As I have said before, I don't care if people have healthcare or not. They are not entitled to it...if you want it, you will pay for it.
As long as my premiums don't go up fine with me. I don't frequent highway rest stops anyway.

This thread really didn't draw me in from the go. I'm really just here :dunie: enjoying CMU's public flogging..... again

Quote:
On a side note, how long have you lived in the 'Muth? I ask, b/c my wife is from there. She graduated in 1994 from FHS.
Been here about 10 years now. Did she hear that the Stone Pony burned down A very sad day indeed.
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #70
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,712
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
Yes, I am a bigshot that knows that and high wages are fine for skilled people. With disposable income isn't the time to just open up a new business. Reasearch needs to be done and then choices to jump into new markets, buy parts of other businesses, up production by adding new capital investments/larger work force, dump it into retained earnings and RD or be contempt and pay your stockholders as mature companies do. Yes, this is coming from a bigshot from CMU so take notes.

By the way what do you do in life Jamiesann that gives you all this knowledge of the business world? Hopefully you just don't open up businesses with your disposable income because you wouldln't last very long if you make those decisions with out research.

The rest of the country and most businesses only see the SE portion of MI with its lazy workforce and unions and that is sad. There are many sucessful companies in MI that are not in that part of the state but don't draw enough attention to thier proper business techniques. Look at Delfield in Mt. Pleasant, Morbark in Win or SteelCase for example plus many others.

Who ever is the next governor has a serious image problem that needs to be addressed. Untill this problem is addressed and resloved MI is going to slip farther and farther in the wrong direction. SE MI is only a small portion of the entire state and the country needs to realize that MI has a lot more to offer.

Edit: This also ties into the Jenny/Devos topic


Sounds like your quoting right from your text book.....Useless.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #71
Miffy
Senior Member
 
Miffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: My home
Posts: 5,826
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Miffy
Default

I myself could never take the life of a child that I was carring. But I do feel that it is a Womans right to choose. It is something that she has to live with the rest of her life and no one else. She is the only person she has to answer for here on earth or for any relgion that she may or may not belive in. And anyone passing judgment upon her can start tossing stones if they do not live in a glass house.

Gay's I could care less what they do behind closed doors. As far as the goverment things go Why can't any person choose who no matter what the sex of the other person is on what to do with what happens between two people? could they not go to any lawyer and have papers drawn up on what could happen between two people? Or is it that the gays just want to have there religon to see them as a married couple? I just do not understand why they are making such a issue about it? If they truly love this other person a piece of paper would not make that big a deal to them??
Miffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:40 PM   #72
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Wow, Wow and Wow. I have been missing all the fun staying out of this forum. Well, let's see.......


Abortion: Against, but Pro Choice. Why? Why should I, or anyone else make that most important choice for someone else. Yes, some abuse the ability to abort, but I believe in the human spirit and believe that most who decide on the procedure are making the most heart wrenching decision of thier lives. No matter what thier economic, physical or mental circumstances. THere are a lot of people who will speak to the morals of this subject, but as with most everything else, not all of us have the same morals. I do not accept something purely because someone (religion or government, etc) tells me it is moral. Please do not assume to tell me what my morals should be, that is for me to decide. I am not convinced God exists, so the writings in the bible as a basis for an argument are wasted words on me. (Disclaimer: there are some absolutes in moral behaviour in our society, so please do not try to throw in stupid arguments at this point like murder or child abuse. That type of political spin simply does not work on me) I am a centrist on abortion

Gay Marraige: Legal marriage allows couples to have community property. This country has decided the the churchs' views will coincide with the legal views. Fine. Why not allow all who are in love, and who want to spend the rest of thier lives together the luxury of sharing everything they have. What's tat you say? Gays should just get a paper from a lawyer? Yea, we all know legal document can never be contested. In reality, legal documents such as wills are contested every single day in this country. Though not a perfect legal cover, marriage weighs a lot in the legal system. Maybe this is the protection they are looking for. Equal ability for mutual security. OH, and gay couples can last forever, just like straight couples can. Or vice versa. I mean, how many of you come form a "broken" family, or have been through a divorce or know someone who has been through one. It is rather prevelant in our society. Why limit the anguish to just us straight people?
BTW, I had a conversation with a gentleman, who happened to be gay, on this subject during the 2004 campaign. I was surprised to find that he was against the ability to marry, though he was for a true solid legal partnership. I lean a little liberal on this issue.

I like and own guns, believe in the privilage to have guns, but disagree with some interprations of the 2nd amendment. I am not a member of the NRA. I am a centrist on this issue.

I do not agree with the fact we are in Iraq they way we are. I am leaning liberal here.

I believe the war on terrorism must go on. I am leaning conservative, just a little right.

THere are many other subjects I could bring up to give examples of my beliefs, but I think that may be good for now.

On CMU: Well, that is what made me go Wow in the first place. Wow because a college student, who I assume is close to graduation, can not string a tangible, coherent argument together. A college student who has learned so much in his short years that he can make broad statements about humanity. A Michigan college student who has completely given up on the state that I assume reared him. I hope he did not accept ANY public money for school since I would be offended that my tax dollars were wasted on another beer party education.
An education that could not change one bigoted iota of this young mans psyche. Gay people are out there, they are part of our society. Will you want to beat up every gay person you ever come across? Do you hate a persons personal sexual preference so much that you are willing to "abort" that life after birth? (we call that murder but I used abort for affect)
Young man, people will always be different from one another. That will not change. No matter what the difference is it is the illogical hatred that will cause the death of us all. Look at history, look at current events and then extrapolate on the future.

That is all I have to say. Thank you for allowing me to join in on this fun adventure into the human psyche.

Sol Goode, Stan, Miff, Brewmenn, I so enjoy when we can chat. Because regardless where we fall on a topic we can always be civil in our debate.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 09:30 PM   #73
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,414
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC
Sol Goode, Stan, Miff, Brewmenn, I so enjoy when we can chat. Because regardless where we fall on a topic we can always be civil in our debate.
Shut up prick :tonka:
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:36 PM   #74
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,840
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC
Sol Goode, Stan, Miff, Brewmenn, I so enjoy when we can chat. Because regardless where we fall on a topic we can always be civil in our debate.
I feel so left out....
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:02 AM   #75
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,657
iTrader: (56)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan
I feel so left out....
x2

pricks..
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:10 PM   #76
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

OK, Duffman and Jesus , consider yourself included......pricks. :tonka:
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #77
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,657
iTrader: (56)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:14 PM   #78
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Pete C: Glad I gave you a good read
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM   #79
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,414
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
Pete C: Glad I gave you a good read
I would not take that as a compliment
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:08 PM   #80
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,657
iTrader: (56)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
I would not take that as a compliment
x2

Its more of the way that watching Michael Scott on the Office is entertaining. You aren't entertaining us, your unbelievable ignorance is.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.42765 seconds with 80 queries