Christian America Questions - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #21
95Bronco
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-25-10
Location: Sturgis MI
Posts: 829
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Didn't Jefferson write his own version of the bible?
Basically removing all the BS.
95Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #22
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Nifty. You found the word God. Thanks. Interesting it says "Nature's God"... Where does it say "Nature's God" in the Bible?

"Creator" does not qualify because we weren't created by a god.
Yes we were created by a God. :tounge: You have as much proof that we weren't as I have that we were. So then it boils down to your opinion. Which, believe it or not, yours is not the end all.

Also, Just because the words "natures God" do not appear in the bible does not mean they weren't referring to him. Even for less intelligent people, that's a Stretch to say what you did. It's simple English understanding. If God created Nature then God IS 'Nature's God' Because he is the one who created it. That's like saying I'm not my Father's son because my Birth Certificate doesn't say 'Son's Father'. (Although it may, I haven't looked in a while).

Last edited by L4CX; June 9th, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #23
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Yes we were created by a God. :tounge: You have as much proof that we weren't as I have that we were. So then it boils down to your opinion. Which, believe it or not, yours is not the end all.

Also, Just because the words "natures God" do not appear in the bible does not mean they weren't referring to him. Even for less intelligent people, that's a Stretch to say what you did. It's simple English understanding. If God created Nature then God IS 'Nature's God' Because he is the one who created it. That's like saying I'm not my Father's son because my Birth Certificate doesn't say 'Son's Father'. (Although it may, I haven't looked in a while).
We are getting alot closer to being able to make people .


http://news.discovery.com/tech/synth...nome-life.html


What are you going to say when We can make person ?
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #24
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
We are getting alot closer to being able to make people .


http://news.discovery.com/tech/synth...nome-life.html


What are you going to say when We can make person ?
I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with that quote because they couldn't make people back then. Unless you're talking about an Organism that can travel through time....Then we're in a whole other world....

I'm going to say that they took something they observed that had already been made and Copied it. They didn't really create it. They Copied the idea. Sure it takes alot of work and it's a Huge Accomplishment, but it's still just coping what has already been done. Truth of the matter is that people make people all the time. They just figured out how to make it Synthetic.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #25
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with that quote because they couldn't make people back then. Unless you're talking about an Organism that can travel through time....Then we're in a whole other world....

I'm going to say that they took something they observed that had already been made and Copied it. They didn't really create it. They Copied the idea. Sure it takes alot of work and it's a Huge Accomplishment, but it's still just coping what has already been done. Truth of the matter is that people make people all the time. They just figured out how to make it Synthetic.
But how do You know We were not a copy of something from someplace else?

The universe is very big place. To think We know what is going on is pretty arrogant
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #26
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
AGB.

I agree with Ford Flair Side on this one. I would seem you already have an opion and are just trying to prove yourself right.

That being said, Our Countries founding documents may not include Many references to The Christian Church but the people that originally landed here were VERY Christian. Their Goal was to make this a nation to glorify the Christian God.

Oddly enough, intill Darwin came around most Ivy League schools were Exclusively for teaching things of the Kingdom of God. Harvard is one.

Thier Original Motto was "Veritas Christo et Ecclesiae" (Truth For Christ and the Church) ,

Thier Code of Conduct :
Let ever student be plainly instructed and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and jesus Christ which is eternal life (John 17:3) and therefore lay Chrsit at the bottom as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and Learning

The Founding fathers believed that every man was free. They believed this because they believed that God Created them that way. Not that they had to earn it, Much like Christian Teaching of Salvation. Not saying they paralleled those, but I did.

If you can find someone with the video series called "the truth Project" you'll see exactly where me and Aber are coming from. There are 7-9 Lessons and one is Government. It's a great Series and is a great way to see how Christian view the world.


Well said Scott, and as for The Truth Project, we are studing that now, a great peice of learning material for ANYBODY who is curious.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
Because I am a Christian I know that I am "Not" a better person. We are all sinners in the eyes of the Lord. If you did proper research you would know that.

I don't need to explain my Christianity, I'm confortable with it. Sounds like you are the one searching.
Bingo, Ford Flareside.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #27
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with that quote because they couldn't make people back then. Unless you're talking about an Organism that can travel through time....Then we're in a whole other world....

I'm going to say that they took something they observed that had already been made and Copied it. They didn't really create it. They Copied the idea. Sure it takes alot of work and it's a Huge Accomplishment, but it's still just coping what has already been done. Truth of the matter is that people make people all the time. They just figured out how to make it Synthetic.
He is pulling the straw man argument, an attempt to divert from one topic to another and never answer the original question or topic.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #28
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

AGB try wallbuilders.com
All your questions answered there
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #29
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
He is pulling the straw man argument, an attempt to divert from one topic to another and never answer the original question or topic.
You have all ready been proven wrong on this subject before aber . Or do You chose not to remember the last time you could not prove what You said about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
AGB try wallbuilders.com
All your questions answered there
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #30
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Here is the link to the last time You got owned on the same subject aber .


A good quote for the theocrats out there... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #31
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
But how do You know We were not a copy of something from someplace else?

The universe is very big place. To think We know what is going on is pretty arrogant
Well I know you're not a copy because they broke the mold after you
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #32
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
You have all ready been proven wrong on this subject before aber . Or do You chose not to remember the last time you could not prove what You said about this?
I have nothing to prove to you or anybody. I am very comfortable with who I am in Christ Jesus.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #33
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I have nothing to prove to you or anybody. I am very comfortable with who I am in Christ Jesus.
I not talking about how You feel about You and jesus . I'm talking You saying We are a christian country.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #34
SpinnakerBlue91XJ
The Tetanus Mobile
 
SpinnakerBlue91XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-29-10
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SpinnakerBlue91XJ Send a message via Skype™ to SpinnakerBlue91XJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Many of you keep saying that America was founded as a Christian nation, and speak quite a bit about "Christian values", and it leaves me quite confused. So in the interest of trying to see things from your viewpoint I was hoping any of you could answer a few questions:

1. Our founding documents are the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and some might add the Federalist Papers and the Antifederalist Papers. Please tell me where I would find the word "Christian" in any of them. Additionally, if you can tell me where I would find the word "God" I would sure appreciate it.

2. Insofar as "Christian values", can anyone please provide some values that are exclusively "Christian", and not shared by other religions or even atheists and humanists like myself?

3. Please tell me how belief in your God makes you a better or more moral person than people like me.

Thanks guys!

I went to a Christian church for 8 years, and I don't know if it was the church or even the religion but I was told that the people that were not believing in a higher power are not worthy of us. I honestly think that no matter what religion we believe in or not we are all equal and no one is better just because they believe or don't believe in someone or something that is higher than us.

I am not sure if things have changed, but that's how my church went and I was unsatisfied with that so i stepped away from my old church about 2 years ago. I just live life as America is for everyone and not just founded or only made for one religion.
SpinnakerBlue91XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #35
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinnakerBlue91XJ View Post
I went to a Christian church for 8 years, and I don't know if it was the church or even the religion but I was told that the people that were not believing in a higher power are not worthy of us. I honestly think that no matter what religion we believe in or not we are all equal and no one is better just because they believe or don't believe in someone or something that is higher than us.

I am not sure if things have changed, but that's how my church went and I was unsatisfied with that so i stepped away from my old church about 2 years ago. I just live life as America is for everyone and not just founded or only made for one religion.
You were right in my opinion to take a step back from your old church. In what they were teaching was not really correct as Christians.
Just because others don't believe it is no reason to think of them as any less, they and we are all the same in God's eye.
It is our duty as Christains to tell others about Christ and if they decide to reject Him, our job is finished, we told them.
But we still try to inform them that they are going the wrong way and they need to turn around.
That is when others get offended by what we say and attack Christians for their belief and call names and attempt to use anything they can to make themselves appear correct in thier thinking and that Christians are wrong, wacko's, bible thumpers and so on. I look at it as a compliment.
As a Christian we still need to be around other Christians, as iron sharpens iron. To have friends that are not believers is ok but the old saying goes, show me your friends and I will tell you who you will become.
I have friends that are not believers and they are great to hang with but too much of that and I could begin to be like them and be influenced by them in ways that are not Christian like.

We are a nation of many religions. Our founding fathers intended this nation to be a Christian nation 1st and others to have any religion to follow they choose and not be persecuted for it as it was in europe, thier government persecuted other for not being one religion.
I found a website called wallbuilders.com that has historical info on our founding fathers and thier outlook for this country
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #36
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
I not talking about how You feel about You and jesus . I'm talking You saying We are a christian country.
With our immigration problem we will be a nation of muslims real soon and then you will wish we were a nation of Christians again. If you think your rights are being trampled on now wait to see what the muslims will do to you and your rights.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #37
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post

We are a nation of many religions. Our founding fathers intended this nation to be a Christian nation 1st
Show us some proof of this. I have herd You say it over and over but You have never shown proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
With our immigration problem we will be a nation of muslims real soon and then you will wish we were a nation of Christians again. If you think your rights are being trampled on now wait to see what the muslims will do to you and your rights.
That will never happen here but once they take over the rest of the world We might be in trouble.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #38
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,445
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
AGB try wallbuilders.com
All your questions answered there
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I found a website called wallbuilders.com that has historical info on our founding fathers and thier outlook for this country
Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
Show us some proof of this. I have herd You say it over and over but You have never shown proof.

If you want to see it go to the page he keeps posting about. Don't make him clutter up this thread with cut and pastes from there.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #39
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
If you want to see it go to the page he keeps posting about. Don't make him clutter up this thread with cut and pastes from there.
Thank you, Brewmenn
I continue to show him were to look but I think he wants to get under my skin and see if he can make me mad.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #40
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
Show us some proof of this. I have herd You say it over and over but You have never shown proof.

That will never happen here but once they take over the rest of the world We might be in trouble.
You may be surprised as to how much of Europe they have taken over. There are parts of Britan that are strickly muslim. By sheer numbers they will over take the country. Then they introduce thier laws(sharea law) and everybody must obey their laws also.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35103 seconds with 81 queries