Michael Bouchard... The death of the devil stabenow is near. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:28 AM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default Michael Bouchard... The death of the devil stabenow is near.

I had a feeling if Keith Butler won the primary, he would have a difficult issue taking on good ol' small business hating stabenow.. I may be wrong, but I do not think Bouchard has lost an election yet. And I think the only way he will lose is if the dem's play on his health.

Money in the bank:

Stabenow: $7,100,000
Bouchard: $561,000
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 9th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,142
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

We'll see in November. It'll be an interesting race.
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
I had a feeling if Keith Butler won the primary, he would have a difficult issue taking on good ol' small business hating stabenow.. I may be wrong, but I do not Bouchard has lost an election yet. And I think the only way he will lose is if the dem's play on his health.

Money in the bank:

Stabenow: $7,100,000
Bouchard: $561,000
Tab Brousseau (after building house and new shop) $16.78
Tab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #4
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,401
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

And Remember, Bouchard went to Brother Rice
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,142
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
And Remember, Bouchard went to Brother Rice
That fact would push some to not vote for him.
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #6
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Unfortunately, when the democratic party uses their infinitely deeper paockets (and national support) to whip up a tonic of race-baiting (white devil Oakland county sheriff) and union pandering (Debbie's for the little guy! all are rich people who want to lower your wages!) she'll be all but unbeatable in MI.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #7
adroit
Member
 
adroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-11-06
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 41
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I'm pushing for Bouchard.
adroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM   #8
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,401
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Spouse
That fact would push some to not vote for him.
How is that?
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #9
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
How is that?
well unless he was there on scholarship it looks elitest. If he was a blue collar kid who got full scholarship for being a veritable genius thats different. All the blue collar union lemings and the same folks duffman just mentioned HATE , and nothing is more republican than saying no to a public school and paying $16,000 + a year extra to educate your kid.

Never mind the teachers union says education is important ... only important to give them jobs, not important if you value it so much you will pay a premium, also not important if you are a notorius race baiting democrat like John conyers ... .then you can send your kid(s) to crankbrook while your constituents rott away in detroit public schools you defend publicy.

Last edited by jamiesann; August 9th, 2006 at 06:56 PM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #10
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,949
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan
Unfortunately, when the democratic party uses their infinitely deeper paockets (and national support) to whip up a tonic of race-baiting (white devil Oakland county sheriff) and union pandering (Debbie's for the little guy! all are rich people who want to lower your wages!) she'll be all but unbeatable in MI.
infinitely deeper pockets?

stabenow's campaign fund has decades of elected "employ" to fund it. (similarily how Brooks' campaign funds for the county seat are exponentially larger than any challenger he has seen)

historically, it seems to my feeble mind, that the have, and spend way more to get elected, at least in this state.

how much again has DeVos spent/raised? there are other examples, but I quite simply don't feel like rooting around for them.

Bouchard also hasn't come close to playing all of his cards yet...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #11
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,401
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann
well unless he was there on scholarship it looks elitest. If he was a blue collar kid who got full scholarship for being a veritable genius thats different. All the blue collar union lemings and the same folks duffman just mentioned HATE , and nothing is more republican than saying no to a public school and paying $16,000 + a year extra to educate your kid.

Never mind the teachers union says education is important ... only important to give them jobs, not important if you value it so much you will pay a premium, also not important if you are a notorius race baiting democrat like John conyers ... .then you can send your kid(s) to crankbrook while your constituents rott away in detroit public schools you defend publicy.
Brother Rice offers NO academic scholarships, nor do they offer athletic scholarships. If a person went there, their family paid the tuition.

I will never understand people. You take an excellent candidate, with a stellar background, and you do not want to vote him into office b/c his family has money. Who cares!!!!! That is whats wrong with this country.....vote the best candidate regardless if they are rich, poor, white, black, catholic or a jew.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #12
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,401
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread
infinitely deeper pockets?

stabenow's campaign fund has decades of elected "employ" to fund it. (similarily how Brooks' campaign funds for the county seat are exponentially larger than any challenger he has seen)

historically, it seems to my feeble mind, that the have, and spend way more to get elected, at least in this state.

how much again has DeVos spent/raised? there are other examples, but I quite simply don't feel like rooting around for them.

Bouchard also hasn't come close to playing all of his cards yet...
I believe what Duffman is saying is the National Democaratic party throws $$ towards Michigan to keep a democrat in office.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #13
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
Brother Rice offers NO academic scholarships, nor do they offer athletic scholarships. If a person went there, their family paid the tuition.

I will never understand people. You take an excellent candidate, with a stellar background, and you do not want to vote him into office b/c his family has money. Who cares!!!!! That is whats wrong with this country.....vote the best candidate regardless if they are rich, poor, white, black, catholic or a jew.
ohh ok. i thought most of the private schools did, there are a few eastside ones i thought for sure they gave out lots of scholarships.

I am but a humble product of the public school system. I wanted to make clear sol goode I DIDNT feel that diminished his credibility or viability as a candidate to me ... just that certain socio economic groups dont need much of a reason to see anyone as different and a silver spooned cake eater ... then write them off as a terrible candidate, and someone who could never represent them casue they grew up in a upper middle class family, and not poor or middle class.

To me it just says his family REALLY values education. Thats a good thing to me from every angle.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #14
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread
infinitely deeper pockets?

stabenow's campaign fund has decades of elected "employ" to fund it. (similarily how Brooks' campaign funds for the county seat are exponentially larger than any challenger he has seen)

historically, it seems to my feeble mind, that the have, and spend way more to get elected, at least in this state.

how much again has DeVos spent/raised? there are other examples, but I quite simply don't feel like rooting around for them.

Bouchard also hasn't come close to playing all of his cards yet...


just so you know, Bouchard isn't hiding anything. He took a 2nd mortgage on his house for 250,000, and his campaign spent just over 480,000 so far.. That is less then how much Butler took out of his own pocket for his election. (yes, he is a pastor at a church who makes over 1 million per year)

Stabenow released today that they have 5.2 million in their campaign fund. Bouchard has 570,000.

Historically have not spent more then . You are just following the bias of the media..

The National Taxpayers Union Foundation has added up the public costs of the presidential election. It found that of the nearly $700 million spent, taxpayers paid almost half.

* Nine of the 11 presidential candidates in the primaries took a total of $61 million from taxpayers to run their campaigns -- with George W. Bush and Libertarian candidate Harry Browne rejecting public funds.

* The GOP convention in Philadelphia cost taxpayers $46.5 million, and the Democrats' convention in Los Angeles cost another $53 million..

* As for the general election, 37 percent of the $124 million Bush raised was public money -- while 62 percent of Al Gore's $133 million came from taxpayers.

* Then there is the $7 million that will be spent on the inauguration.

Source: Editorial, "Our Publicly Financed Election," Investor's Business Daily, December 14, 2000.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #15
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,949
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
just so you know, Bouchard isn't hiding anything. He took a 2nd mortgage on his house for 250,000, and his campaign spent just over 480,000 so far.. That is less then how much Butler took out of his own pocket for his election. (yes, he is a pastor at a church who makes over 1 million per year)

Stabenow released today that they have 5.2 million in their campaign fund. Bouchard has 570,000.

Historically have not spent more then . You are just following the bias of the media..

The National Taxpayers Union Foundation has added up the public costs of the presidential election. It found that of the nearly $700 million spent, taxpayers paid almost half.

* Nine of the 11 presidential candidates in the primaries took a total of $61 million from taxpayers to run their campaigns -- with George W. Bush and Libertarian candidate Harry Browne rejecting public funds.

* The GOP convention in Philadelphia cost taxpayers $46.5 million, and the Democrats' convention in Los Angeles cost another $53 million..

* As for the general election, 37 percent of the $124 million Bush raised was public money -- while 62 percent of Al Gore's $133 million came from taxpayers.

* Then there is the $7 million that will be spent on the inauguration.

Source: Editorial, "Our Publicly Financed Election," Investor's Business Daily, December 14, 2000.
I didn't state that Bouchard was hiding anything. Simply stated that he hasn't played all of his cards. The man has some pretty high up political connections as well.

for what it's worth, I support Mr. Bouchard, and wasn't intending anything slanderous towards him, or the republican party.

and careful which sources you cite related to campaign funds. a bitter democrat might twist it around and start spouting about PAC funds, soft money, and other big business sponsorship of our nation's elected officials.

regardless of where you stand on the issue(s) Bush, and many may make a point of not taking public funds for their activities quite simply cause they don't need to, and it makes a strong statement to certain individuals.

quite similarily, how Oakland County has the lowest (or tied for lowest) county tax millage rate in the state. (authorized to collect more, but by having it 1/10th of a mill lower than anyone else, it exudes some bragging rights when counting other demographic ares.) - ok, that was a stretch of an analogy... but hopefully you catch what I mean.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #16
MI_Pinstripes
Early Jeep R&D
 
MI_Pinstripes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-06
Location: Clarkston MI
Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

yep, "professional campaigner" Debbie Stab-us-all should be a sure thing with the warchest "legally" laundered into her campaign.

we can't get rid of Conyers, Levin that have been in office since most of us were in diapers.

All three need to share responsibility in Michigan's failures with Granholm (and get the boot)
MI_Pinstripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33756 seconds with 70 queries