seizebp.org - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Tie Dyed
O.G.
 
Tie Dyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 4,181
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tie Dyed
Default seizebp.org

www.seizebp.org
__________________
2000 XJ with a 3 inch body lift
Tie Dyed is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #2
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

uh do they know that BP stands for British Petroleum?

soooo they want the U.S. Government to seize a foreign company?

idiots.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #3
upchuck
Senior Member
 
upchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-07
Location: grand rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Just capitulate and continue the corruption to kow tow to a multinational then. Nimby
upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

"Under BP’s CEO Tony Hayward’s aggressive leadership, BP made a record $5.6 billion in pure profits just in the first three months of 2010. BP made $163 billion in profits from 2001-09. It has a long history of safety violations and slap-on-the-wrist fines."

if any of that is true then damn thats alot of money. do them assholes really NEED 163 BILLION in profit? i think not. greed gets you no glory.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #5
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Its these kind of idiots that are ruining our country. This is america, if you dont make money you are a fucking douchebag.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #6
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
"Under BP’s CEO Tony Hayward’s aggressive leadership, BP made a record $5.6 billion in pure profits just in the first three months of 2010. BP made $163 billion in profits from 2001-09. It has a long history of safety violations and slap-on-the-wrist fines."

if any of that is true then damn thats alot of money. do them assholes really NEED 163 BILLION in profit? i think not. greed gets you no glory.
So you think that the government should decide how much money a company should be able to make?
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #7
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
So you think that the government should decide how much money a company should be able to make?
no but i also feel gasoline and diesel fuel shouldn't cost as much as it does. when 10 years ago i vividly remember filling up a 5 gallon gas can for my lawnmower and paying maybe 8 bucks. i also remembered when 20 bucks damn near filled your gas tank. my problem is these companies not only make there money back on how much they spend producing oil/fuel, pay there employees, and all there other costs associated I.E breaking even. but have surplus of so many BILLION dollars. and i bet you the hard working blue collar guys that do the dirty work still get paid shit.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,081
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
no but i also feel gasoline and diesel fuel shouldn't cost as much as it does. when 10 years ago i vividly remember filling up a 5 gallon gas can for my lawnmower and paying maybe 8 bucks. i also remembered when 20 bucks damn near filled your gas tank. my problem is these companies not only make there money back on how much they spend producing oil/fuel, pay there employees, and all there other costs associated I.E breaking even. but have surplus of so many BILLION dollars. and i bet you the hard working blue collar guys that do the dirty work still get paid shit.
You have no idea what kind of shit these people go through to get this oil. Milk costs more per gallon than gas, and has a MUCH less complicated system of obtaining it. Oh, and MI slaps on just about a 50 cent tax per gallon of gas.

And just in comparison, Walmart had a higher revenue than BP did last year. Think about the differences between those companies, what their business pertains of and how they get their product, and then tell me that the oil companies make too much money.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #9
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
no but i also feel gasoline and diesel fuel shouldn't cost as much as it does. when 10 years ago i vividly remember filling up a 5 gallon gas can for my lawnmower and paying maybe 8 bucks. i also remembered when 20 bucks damn near filled your gas tank. my problem is these companies not only make there money back on how much they spend producing oil/fuel, pay there employees, and all there other costs associated I.E breaking even. but have surplus of so many BILLION dollars. and i bet you the hard working blue collar guys that do the dirty work still get paid shit.
So, the Government should tell them how much they can sell their product for? Do you know how much of the gas prices that you pay is a tax? Look it up.

Um, let me give you a small lesson in how the economy works. Maybe this will help you not be a broke ass for the rest of your life.

Companies are in the business of making money.

There is no company that sets out to pay their employees, and then break even.

The hardworking blue collar guys that work in the oil fields are generally paid very well for the work that they do.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #10
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
So, the Government should tell them how much they can sell their product for? Do you know how much of the gas prices that you pay is a tax? Look it up.

Um, let me give you a small lesson in how the economy works. Maybe this will help you not be a broke ass for the rest of your life.

Companies are in the business of making money.

There is no company that sets out to pay their employees, and then break even.

The hardworking blue collar guys that work in the oil fields are generally paid very well for the work that they do.
ok so then wtf does a company do with so many billion dollars in profit? whats the point of having boat loads of money and not spending it?

case and point. i know an elderly lady my mom is friends with that is the most frugal person you could ever meet. she uses coupons for everything, she never bought expensive items always bought the least expensive cars and lives in the cheapest 1 bedroom house you could imagine. she has well over 3 million dollars in a few different banks, from working hard all her life and never spending more then she needed to get by. her husband died 5 years ago from a heart attack and they never were able to have children. so when she dies her money will probably go to the state of new jersey because she has no heir to her estate. now how stupid is that?
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #11
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

You are right. That woman is a fool. Will you give her my info so she can put me in her will?
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #12
Suta99
Senior Member
 
Suta99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-09
Location: Leamington/Ontario
Posts: 839
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
ok so then wtf does a company do with so many billion dollars in profit? whats the point of having boat loads of money and not spending it?

case and point. i know an elderly lady my mom is friends with that is the most frugal person you could ever meet. she uses coupons for everything, she never bought expensive items always bought the least expensive cars and lives in the cheapest 1 bedroom house you could imagine. she has well over 3 million dollars in a few different banks, from working hard all her life and never spending more then she needed to get by. her husband died 5 years ago from a heart attack and they never were able to have children. so when she dies her money will probably go to the state of new jersey because she has no heir to her estate. now how stupid is that?
they will generrally use that money to make more money, like any other company
Suta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #13
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
ok so then wtf does a company do with so many billion dollars in profit? whats the point of having boat loads of money and not spending it?

case and point. i know an elderly lady my mom is friends with that is the most frugal person you could ever meet. she uses coupons for everything, she never bought expensive items always bought the least expensive cars and lives in the cheapest 1 bedroom house you could imagine. she has well over 3 million dollars in a few different banks, from working hard all her life and never spending more then she needed to get by. her husband died 5 years ago from a heart attack and they never were able to have children. so when she dies her money will probably go to the state of new jersey because she has no heir to her estate. now how stupid is that?
The more of your posts I read, the more I suspect that you are a troll, because I dont believe that anyone could be as dumb as you, and still find a way to put food on the table.

Do you really think that companies just sit on billions of dollars because they can? Seriously?
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #14
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

kodiak nobody makes you buy gas. if you don't like it walk or drive electric. i feel the same way about them posting record profits and seeing crazy gas prices. but what can i do about it. i couldnt give a wet fart about some hippy electric cars so ill pay for the gas i need for my stone age combustion engine vehicle.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #15
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'
 
osteologation's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Caro, MI
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

not that we need the gov't to control prices and i understand the efforts involved producing/refining fuel. i would like to see much less oscillation in fuel prices. its hard to plan on fuel spending when prices jump around so much. maybe not as much now but a couple years ago it was nuts.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 01:18 AM   #16
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
ok so then wtf does a company do with so many billion dollars in profit?
Hopefully clean up their fuckups.

And in a capitalist system prices are set by supply and demand. Demand has increased and we're using up our supply so prices go up.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM   #17
RangerXtreme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-18-09
Location: U.P. of MI
Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Hopefully clean up their fuckups.

And in a capitalist system prices are set by supply and demand. Demand has increased and we're using up our supply so prices go up.
Good job. Thanks for pointing that out.
RangerXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM   #18
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,248
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Default

So you want the government, who was supposed to be policing this, to take full ownership?

Between the two of them they got us in this mess, I don't see how our crazy in debt government could do any better.


At best, they are standing on the sideline kicking dirt at BP while they try to fix the f-up.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM   #19
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Oil Rig owned by Swiss company. (used to be caymen Islands company IIRC)

Oil Rig set up by Halliburton. (used to be US company but they moved off shore also for tax shelter)

Oil Rig operated by BP

How much you think those 3 paid to the US treasury in taxes last year??

Rig built in S. Korea

Rig carried the flag of some microscopic set of islands in the south pacific country ( I forget the name) so that the safety standards had to comply with that countries rules...bye bye coast guard regulations.

That OIL that is making profits for all those companies..er was...that is OUR oil that is washing up on shore.


and BTW there is exactly 1 company in the business of making money in this country..the US mint.

just sayin....
__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM   #20
upchuck
Senior Member
 
upchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-07
Location: grand rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

All set up and turned a blind eye by that ultimate "patriot", the multi deferment Dickhead Cheney
upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.37090 seconds with 80 queries