Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:30 AM   #81
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

im down for a m&g to dig it out and get some gold and silver .... i just hope we dont get hit by rpg's digging it up
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:40 AM   #82
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
im down for a m&g to dig it out and get some gold and silver .... i just hope we dont get hit by rpg's digging it up
You'd prolly just steal it wouldn't you?
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:57 AM   #83
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
im down for a m&g to dig it out and get some gold and silver .... i just hope we dont get hit by rpg's digging it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjkid View Post
You'd prolly just steal it wouldn't you?
zing!
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM   #84
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbdog17 View Post
Its the GATE
ahahahahaha stephen dorff ftw!!
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM   #85
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,943
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

It sounds very much like a WWI stronghold. It was very common in the Detroit metro area to bury family heirlooms, precious metal, money, and anything of value. Being that close to the border with Canada, it was a serious threat that we could be invaded and looted. That area being a middle eastern settlement was especially prone to looting. You hear about these being found and opened occasionally. Many are unfound and still hold the valuables that were placed in them for safe keeping. During the war, many men were killed and families were split up or relocated. These underground safes were typically left with the intention of coming back for their stuff later. You definitely want to open up a hole and get in there to search for stuff. Some weren't very large and only held gold and silver coins as they didn't have time to dig bigger strongholds before the war got too involved.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:05 AM   #86
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,238
iTrader: (45)
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Default

I hope you are still digging.
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:08 AM   #87
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

in gold we trust (aka gold of the samurai)
YouTube- AIP Madness - In Gold We Trust trailer
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM   #88
ben
nmu trailcats
 
ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-13-07
Location: marquette, michigan
Posts: 359
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

dig it up, i would of had it out of the ground before i posted anything
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:17 AM   #89
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjkid View Post
You'd prolly just steal it wouldn't you?
yup shure would cause thats what i do you lil pecker head
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:19 AM   #90
Flexin' XJ
Senior Member
 
Flexin' XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: Holt, MI
Posts: 4,459
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
yup shure would cause thats what i do you lil pecker head
Probably. You have a picture of a burglar as your avatar, kinda gives it away.
Flexin' XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:21 AM   #91
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin' XJ View Post
Probably. You have a picture of a burglar as your avatar, kinda gives it away.
its defendor you dick
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:22 AM   #92
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
its defendor you dick
"you dick" is a spicoli line...so i resemble that comment.
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM   #93
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

r u spicoli? is ur dad a t.v. repair man with a awsome set of tools?
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM   #94
fukkinrizzo
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
 
fukkinrizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-07
Location: Port Huron, MI area
Posts: 3,216
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
It sounds very much like a WWI stronghold. It was very common in the Detroit metro area to bury family heirlooms, precious metal, money, and anything of value. Being that close to the border with Canada, it was a serious threat that we could be invaded and looted. That area being a middle eastern settlement was especially prone to looting. You hear about these being found and opened occasionally. Many are unfound and still hold the valuables that were placed in them for safe keeping. During the war, many men were killed and families were split up or relocated. These underground safes were typically left with the intention of coming back for their stuff later. You definitely want to open up a hole and get in there to search for stuff. Some weren't very large and only held gold and silver coins as they didn't have time to dig bigger strongholds before the war got too involved.
my wife's grandfather told me a similar story. He lived in dearborn during both wars.
fukkinrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM   #95
Flexin' XJ
Senior Member
 
Flexin' XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: Holt, MI
Posts: 4,459
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj97sport View Post
its defendor you dick
Looks like a burglar with a "D" for Dee Dee Deeeee.
Flexin' XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:56 AM   #96
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,946
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

I thought it was D for Dummy.

So, any gold yet?
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:57 AM   #97
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,946
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerob View Post
"you dick" is a spicoli line...so i resemble that comment.
You and silver_xj are coosins? Sweet homes.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:17 PM   #98
prozak1986
Senior Member
 
prozak1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-09
Location: dearborn heights
Posts: 1,068
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

no gold yet , im going over there at 4 , im going to talk her into letting me dig it up , ill take pics and keep posted
prozak1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM   #99
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak1986 View Post
no gold yet , im going over there at 4 , im going to talk her into letting me dig it up , ill take pics and keep posted
shitty...well at least you can get over there and possibly get some shit done.
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM   #100
BigBlockBlazer
Axle breakin' 101
 
BigBlockBlazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-08-08
Location: Traverse City, Mi
Posts: 2,337
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default


Last edited by BigBlockBlazer; April 21st, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
BigBlockBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.19099 seconds with 50 queries