I have no word... - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #21
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJwheeler View Post
it doesn't prove anything.
pretty much all he's saying is people who are low income are less intelligent and their children are more likely to follow their beliefs.

and even if it is proven that religion is a genetic trait who's to say God had nothing to do with it? the bible says he created us so it is logical to assume he would make some sort of genetic trait for us to try to find him.

I think he is less intelligent for shoving his head up his ass than tootin his own horn.

i'm not an athiest but I am not a church goer. about an hour is all i can take of the "Good News" than its time for a smoke and walk to the truck.
How exactly do you make something more intelligent then yourself?

He's allowed to toot his own horn because he created the universe. Him tooting his horn is his attempt at getting our attention so we don't have to live with out him for eternity. Also, sounds like you don't go to the right church for your needs.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #22
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

why is "god" always referred to as a man? o i know why. because a woman couldn't fukc the earth up as much as a man can. hence gods downfall. "supposedly" made everything we see today. then screwed it all up by supposedly creating humankind.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #23
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
why is "god" always referred to as a man? o i know why. because a woman couldn't fukc the earth up as much as a man can. hence gods downfall. "supposedly" made everything we see today. then screwed it all up by supposedly creating humankind.
No, WE Screwed it up. He gave us the free will to do what ever we wanted and we went for the apple. We haven't stopped since. Luckily he knew it would happen and Planned for it.

He is just commonly Used. It has to do with his Plan of the Man being the head of the household and the leader in general. The bible does, however, explain some of God's characteristics (or we can pull them from the stories) and they are Feminine.

Basically, IF he is real (and he is) who are we to try and confine him to Male or female? He created the Universe and we think we can wrap our minds around him? I don't think so. The Created does not define the creator, the Creator Defines the Created. "he" is used because he is the leader, the ruler, the King, the creator, Alpha and Omega, ETC....
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #24
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

First they show no statistics, huge red flag. Second, they don't have an abstract, suggesting less than scholarly research. Thirdly, they do not follow any sort of APA formatting. Without a complete write up, one can not put very much stock in this article.
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #25
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
No, WE Screwed it up. He gave us the free will to do what ever we wanted and we went for the apple. We haven't stopped since. Luckily he knew it would happen and Planned for it.

He is just commonly Used. It has to do with his Plan of the Man being the head of the household and the leader in general. The bible does, however, explain some of God's characteristics (or we can pull them from the stories) and they are Feminine.

Basically, IF he is real (and he is) who are we to try and confine him to Male or female? He created the Universe and we think we can wrap our minds around him? I don't think so. The Created does not define the creator, the Creator Defines the Created. "he" is used because he is the leader, the ruler, the King, the creator, Alpha and Omega, ETC....
congratulations you are officially mentally insane. to my way of thinking you have to be crazy to believe even half of what you just said.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #26
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
congratulations you are officially mentally insane. to my way of thinking you have to be crazy to believe even half of what you just said.
To My thinking you would have to be Half insane to NOT believe what I just said. Of course both of our "thinking" is based on our personal experiences. That's, I think, where we were at before you posted the first post.

That being said, If you're going by Christian Theology, What I said in that line was completely Theologically Sound. If you want to make Broad Generalizations about a Faith you don't (apparently) understand, be ready to be told you're wrong.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM   #27
TJwheeler
BOHICA
 
TJwheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-31-08
Location: Big Rapids Mi
Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
How exactly do you make something more intelligent then yourself?

He's allowed to toot his own horn because he created the universe. Him tooting his horn is his attempt at getting our attention so we don't have to live with out him for eternity. Also, sounds like you don't go to the right church for your needs.
"He's allowed to toot his own horn because he created the universe." Ugh i was referring to the author not god unless you think god is the author?

and its not just A church i don't believe in; its all churches. because they all inadvertently do the same thing that truly annoys me.
TJwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM   #28
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJwheeler View Post
"He's allowed to toot his own horn because he created the universe." Ugh i was referring to the author not god unless you think god is the author?

and its not just A church i don't believe in; its all churches. because they all inadvertently do the same thing that truly annoys me.
Oh, I thought you were talking about God because you were talking about God in the paragraph above it. My bad. And I agree.

If you don't mind me asking, What is your "pet Peeve" that all churches supposedly do?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM   #29
fukkinrizzo
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
 
fukkinrizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-07
Location: Port Huron, MI area
Posts: 3,217
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Written by an athiest, I could see why they would want to think they are smarter. The thought of blowing your own horn and making yourself more important than others and a good way to make the Christians look less intelligent.
I could say the same thing, religious people are smarter than athiests because we have the guy(God) who created everything available to us and will give wisdom to who ever asks.

so I can assume that God talks to you and answers your questions?
fukkinrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM   #30
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukkinrizzo View Post
so I can assume that God talks to you and answers your questions?
Well at least aber61 thinks he does.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.25370 seconds with 50 queries