Obama Orders Military NOT To Fly U.S. Flag in Haiti - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #21
AceMon
Could've had a v8
 
AceMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-14-09
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 517
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Who the hell voted for this idiot anyways. I mean this is a guy who believes that there is 57 states!
AceMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #22
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

He is a foreigner that got in good with chicago crooks and rode a wave of american guilt to the office of president. he will be kicked out in a couple of years and hopefully be will have learned a valuable lesson.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #23
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
He is a foreigner that got in good with chicago crooks and rode a wave of american guilt to the office of president. he will be kicked out in a couple of years and hopefully be will have learned a valuable lesson.
You forgot OBAMA SUCKS ASS
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #24
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,416
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

So let me get this straight.....We send troops and aid to Haiti at no charge and they are getting pissy about the US flying it's flag near our troops? Just doesn't seem right.

Fuck Haiti

Obama sucks ass.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #25
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You forgot OBAMA SUCKS ASS
pretty much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
So let me get this straight.....We send troops and aid to Haiti at no charge and they are getting pissy about the US flying it's flag near our troops? Just doesn't seem right.

Fuck Haiti

Obama sucks ass.
It'll be one less thing for him to apologize for.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:30 AM   #26
pizzaman
Senior Member
 
pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Independence Twsp, North Oakland County
Posts: 934
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Sounds like a lot of lips flapping over something that doesn't really matter. just sayin'.
Are you serious, it doesn't matter to you that the millions of $ and resources that we are sending when we in our own country are suffering and we shouldn't represent? I guess being patriotic is a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
If this guy doesn't care, I don't either.

P.S. I want to hear you guys bitching about this when do it, too:
http://www.alan.com/2010/03/15/mcberry-american-flag/
This was a candidate.....just a little difference than the president. Is that all you could come up with? I don't think you would hear "it's ok" if a does it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I suppose this was Obama's doing as well:
During the Gulf War in 1991, U.S. forces took control of the main airport in Kuwait and briefly flew the American flag over their installation, Davis said, but higher-ups ordered it taken down to avoid an impression that U.S. forces were conquerors.


It's also wrong, but at least the flag was flown until the "higher ups" had it taken down. I wonder who those "higher ups" were?????
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM   #27
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,903
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Sounds like a lot of lips flapping over something that doesn't really matter. just sayin'.

response edited due to massive amounts of name calling, fustration and anger associated with mike sova and his beliefs.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:03 AM   #28
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
response edited due to massive amounts of name calling, fustration and anger associated with mike sova and his beliefs.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:05 AM   #29
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
Are you serious, it doesn't matter to you that the millions of $ and resources that we are sending when we in our own country are suffering and we shouldn't represent? I guess being patriotic is a bad thing?



This was a candidate.....just a little difference than the president. Is that all you could come up with? I don't think you would hear "it's ok" if a does it as well.



During the Gulf War in 1991, U.S. forces took control of the main airport in Kuwait and briefly flew the American flag over their installation, Davis said, but higher-ups ordered it taken down to avoid an impression that U.S. forces were conquerors.


It's also wrong, but at least the flag was flown until the "higher ups" had it taken down. I wonder who those "higher ups" were?????
If Obama thinks that we shouldn't fly the flag there, I will trust him on that as the commander in chief. Either way, how does it affect anything?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #30
pizzaman
Senior Member
 
pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Independence Twsp, North Oakland County
Posts: 934
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
If Obama thinks that we shouldn't fly the flag there, I will trust him on that as the commander in chief. Either way, how does it affect anything?
Your president, that you have so much trust in, also said not to go to Las Vegas also. So you better not ever fo there. I seem to recall also he said alot of things......do you really want to go down that road?
As far as how does it affect anything, how about morale? What does this say to the rest of the world? I cannot think of anything positive for this action.
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:39 PM   #31
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
If Obama thinks that we shouldn't fly the flag there, I will trust him on that as the commander in chief. Either way, how does it affect anything?
After all, he was right about the surge.
and he would have us out of Iraq in six months.
and he would close gitmo in a year.
and he would make peace with islamic jihad.
and he would fix the economy.
and he was going to increase the job market.
and he would not employ lobbyists
and he would increase domestic oil production.
and he would provide incentives for green energy production.

WTF? How long until you open your eyes?
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.

Last edited by XXXJ; March 21st, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM   #32
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,808
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Obama may not be the best president ever. But he is better than the man he took office from. And i sure wouldnt want to see old ass John "mavrick" McCain in office . With that said you loving fools will probably vote for Sarah Palin next time around. If that happens i will have to leave the country. She cant control and run her family so how will she be at trying to run a country?
It would probably be law to eat moose chilli and let your 17 year old daughter get knocked up but her boyfrined. lol
cj65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM   #33
AJ Hall
Jacked up Chevy
 
AJ Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-09
Location: White Lake, Michigan
Posts: 1,908
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

yea hes a dumb ass
AJ Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM   #34
trailranger
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
 
trailranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-19-10
Location: clio michigan
Posts: 553
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

obama sucks
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM   #35
pizzaman
Senior Member
 
pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Independence Twsp, North Oakland County
Posts: 934
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
Obama may not be the best president ever. But he is better than the man he took office from. And i sure wouldnt want to see old ass John "mavrick" McCain in office . With that said you loving fools will probably vote for Sarah Palin next time around. If that happens i will have to leave the country. She cant control and run her family so how will she be at trying to run a country?
It would probably be law to eat moose chilli and let your 17 year old daughter get knocked up but her boyfrined. lol
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:12 PM   #36
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
After all, he was right about the surge.
and he would have us out of Iraq in six months.
and he would close gitmo in a year.
and he would make peace with islamic jihad.
and he would fix the economy.
and he was going to increase the job market.
and he would not employ lobbyists
and he would increase domestic oil production.
and he would provide incentives for green energy production.

WTF? How long until you open your eyes?
I'm scared, now. If we don't fly the flag in Haiti, can you imagine the consequences?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:18 PM   #37
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I'm scared, now. If we don't fly the flag in Haiti, can you imagine the consequences?
American have killed and died for what the flag represents, Obama cannot fathom that kind of honor, and neither can you.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM   #38
itselliott
Senior Member
 
itselliott's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-20-06
Location: Walhalla
Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (80)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
If Obama thinks that we shouldn't fly the flag there, I will trust him on that as the commander in chief. Either way, how does it affect anything?

As an immigrant, former Marine and a combat veteran,

I say this:


You are ignorant.
itselliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:31 PM   #39
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,903
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itselliott View Post
As an immigrant, former Marine and a combat veteran,

I say this:


You are ignorant.
that is a well known fact.

Thank you for your service.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM   #40
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Look at the example that Bruce gave, this isn't the first time it's happened. I understand that many of you feel strongly about what the flag represents, but to some people it doesn't mean the same thing to them. For example, a lot of people are proud of their southern heritage and proudly display the confederate flag. Now many other people view the confederate flag as a symbol not for southern pride, but for many injustices that occurred in the South before the Civil War. It's all about perspective. Many of you, being an American, have an American perspective, so you don't know what it's like to be on the other side looking in. I believe that Obama has a bit more of a worldly perspective and might understand how others in the world may see things. just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anybody, but to show how I can see things the way I do. Flame away.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.26338 seconds with 80 queries