Abortion Question. . . - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM   #81
BooGTS
Boost Withdrawl
 
BooGTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Royal Oak
Posts: 2,685
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

She brought up abortion after learning she was carrying your seed? Interesting... ;)
BooGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #82
kareless
Dirty Little Girl!
 
kareless's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-24-07
Location: Harrison, Mi
Posts: 4,248
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
So because our laws make adoption difficult abortion is a better idea?
Where, in what I said, did you get that I said abortion was a better idea???? I have already commented that I dont think abortion should be a means of birth control but someone who was raped should have the option...
kareless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #83
kareless
Dirty Little Girl!
 
kareless's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-24-07
Location: Harrison, Mi
Posts: 4,248
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
If you kill a Woman with Child you get charged with 2 counts of murder.
This is not true in all states.. Only in some states are you charged with 2 counts of murder.
kareless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #84
AZTEC
Senior Member
 
AZTEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-09
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 184
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i don't know if this has been said or not, but how many months was the woman pregnant with her child?
AZTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #85
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
not necessarily, just speculating. I know that a lot of these guys are pro-life until birth, then they don't give a shit what happens to people.
As opposed to just killing them off, great choice there. That makes perfect sense,we will speculate on what the future holds for someone, then if we think it's not what we feel it should be , or what we think is the life we want them to live, we just chop them into pieces, or burn them to death with chemicals.

Sound good to me. I think Obama has the same thoughts as you, but don't make the Hitler comparison because......well why not.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #86
Hacksaw
WWSD - What would stan do
 
Hacksaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Isle Of TREASURE, FL
Posts: 11,204
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

I am pro abortion.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #87
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackSaw View Post
I am pro abortion.
That's fine, as long as you say what it is. Some people are pro Holocaust, that's their right, but to say The Holocaust didn't involve killing people is silly, same with abortion.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #88
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,476
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I know that a lot of these guys are pro-life until birth, then they don't give a shit what happens to people.
Yes, I agree.

Rather than plastering the side of the truck with pictures of aborted fetuses and driving it up and down Woodward during the cruise how about using it to collect and distribute donated supplies to mothers who are struggling to get by.

Rather than spending your time protesting in from of the abortion clinic how about offering to run a free daycare so the women who choose life can work to support their child?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #89
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,476
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareless View Post
Where, in what I said, did you get that I said abortion was a better idea???? I have already commented that I dont think abortion should be a means of birth control but someone who was raped should have the option...
People were suggesting adoption as an alternative to abortion. You're post made it sound like you felt that because our laws make adoption difficult that it was not a good alternative.

I completely agree with the second sentence of your post.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #90
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yes, I agree.

Rather than plastering the side of the truck with pictures of aborted fetuses and driving it up and down Woodward during the cruise how about using it to collect and distribute donated supplies to mothers who are struggling to get by.

Rather than spending your time protesting in from of the abortion clinic how about offering to run a free daycare so the women who choose life can work to support their child?
I think that would be a much better way to spend the money that they waste on those posters.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #91
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yes, I agree.

Rather than plastering the side of the truck with pictures of aborted fetuses and driving it up and down Woodward during the cruise how about using it to collect and distribute donated supplies to mothers who are struggling to get by.

Rather than spending your time protesting in from of the abortion clinic how about offering to run a free daycare so the women who choose life can work to support their child?
I guess at this point, you guys that say abortion is O.K. because of the financial situation of the mother, have put a dollar value on human life.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #92
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I think that would be a much better way to spend the money that they waste on those posters.
You may be right, however one thing that always bothered me is when a pro abortion person see's those photos the always say how disgusting that is. One issue I have with abortion and pro choice, is they don't show people what it really is. Pro Choice people don't want to show piles of arms and legs, little faces and bodies all tore up or burned, because that humanizes the baby and shows what a brutal procedure it is.
I think that should shown to every pro choice person. I think every pro choice person should watch an actual abortion, especially a partial birth abortion.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #93
wheelinblazer98
Senior Member
 
wheelinblazer98's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-07
Location: Holly, Mi
Posts: 322
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
My wife brought this to my attention and I don't know why there are two sets of rules . . . I therefore bring it to the masses.

If you kill a Woman with Child you get charged with 2 counts of murder. So, why is abortion not consider murder by the same system that will convict a Killer of murdering an unborn baby when the mother dies? How is an abortion Doctor any different then a the convicted killer?


because the murderer doesn't have the right to make that decision for the child. the mother does. IMO

she is bringing it into this world and she can take it out.
wheelinblazer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:47 AM   #94
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I think that would be a much better way to spend the money that they waste on those posters.
I'm sure "this in your face truth" might stick with someone for a lot longer. I like when parents have to explain to children what those posters are.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM   #95
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,476
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I guess at this point, you guys that say abortion is O.K. because of the financial situation of the mother, have put a dollar value on human life.
I don't think abortion is OK because of the financial situation of the mother. But nor do I think it's OK to force the woman to have the baby and then just leave them to suffer through a life of poverty. So rather than using resources trying to take away her right to an abortion how about using them to try to improve her financial situation so that her and her baby can become useful members of society.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #96
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I don't think abortion is OK because of the financial situation of the mother. But nor do I think it's OK to force the woman to have the baby and then just leave them to suffer through a life of poverty. So rather than using resources trying to take away her right to an abortion how about using them to try to improve her financial situation so that her and her baby can become useful members of society.
You might have stumbled onto something there. Maybe we could expand your position to include eliminating the poverty stricken woman and any other children she has and include them in the abortion procedure.

We might find in a short time we have no people in poverty. Good idea.

I still think a lot of pro choice people may have a different view if the watched an actual abortion.

Sorry about the sarcasm.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #97
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,476
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
I'm sure "this in your face truth" might stick with someone for a lot longer. I like when parents have to explain to children what those posters are.
You think that "this in your face truth" will stick with them longer that helping them become useful members of society?

And I find it disturbing that you like traumatizing children with things they can't understand.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #98
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,476
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You might have stumbled onto something there. Maybe we could expand your position to include eliminating the poverty stricken woman and any other children she has and include them in the abortion procedure.

We might find in a short time we have no people in poverty. Good idea.

I still think a lot of pro choice people may have a different view if the watched an actual abortion.

Sorry about the sarcasm.
I actually thought something similar earlier. If only we could abort the mother (or father, or both) and give the baby the chance to live.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #99
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
You think that "this in your face truth" will stick with them longer that helping them become useful members of society?

And I find it disturbing that you like traumatizing children with things they can't understand.
I hope they are traumatized. I hope that if/when they are thinking about an abortion they remember the horrible images that they saw and realize what happens to the baby.

I would also assume (yes, just an assumption) that these same people will help them become useful members of society.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #100
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,432
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I just went to Detroit. Talk about a bunch of people walking around that should have been aborted!
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.36437 seconds with 80 queries