Abortion Question. . . - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #21
forbyefore
.
 
forbyefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-07
Location: Bay City/AuGres, MI
Posts: 1,436
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Tell that to Dr. Death Jack!
I have to agree with you there. A living being that wants (and can make their own decisions) to die by the hands of someone else can't, but a living being that can't make their own decisions can.
forbyefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #22
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareless View Post
I am pro choice also. So you can piss and moan all you like but who is to say that you are right and we are wrong or the other way around... We all have our own opinions on the matter and neither side will ever agree...
Wow... You're no fun at ALL!

We're trying to fight here. Buzzkill.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #23
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I think execution by leathel injection is a medical practice AND legal (with a shit ton of paperwork).
Actually you're right. I'll have to find the sources to post, but I just read about this not long ago. It is extremely restrictive, but it is indeed legal if the conditions are met.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #24
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I think execution by leathel injection is a medical practice AND legal (with a shit ton of paperwork).
So, what does a unborn child do to deserve a Corporal Punishment? Kill his Twin? My twin brother tried to, But he only managed to crack my Collar bone. He's still after me to this day. I'm glad he's not dead though.

IMO, Abortion is more about Convenience then anything. If you had the sex, You should expect a Child. I think Raping and things like that are different. Honestly, a 15 year old girl that is pregnant due to screwing around with her Post-Pubescent boyfriend should be forced to have that child. That thing down there is a loaded weapon. If you fire it you should be willing to take the consequences and if you're a Woman, You should be careful who you let into the Firing range.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #25
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
So, what does a unborn child do to deserve a Corporal Punishment? Kill his Twin? My twin brother tried to, But he only managed to crack my Collar bone. He's still after me to this day. I'm glad he's not dead though.

IMO, Abortion is more about Convenience then anything. If you had the sex, You should expect a Child. I think Raping and things like that are different. Honestly, a 15 year old girl that is pregnant due to screwing around with her Post-Pubescent boyfriend should be forced to have that child. That thing down there is a loaded weapon. If you fire it you should be willing to take the consequences and if you're a Woman, You should be careful who you let into the Firing range.
Agreed, however abortion is not seen under the law as punishment, because that would infer punishment as the intent, so calling (Capital) Punishment is flawed.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #26
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Agreed, however abortion is not seen under the law as punishment, because that would infer punishment as the intent, so calling (Capital) Punishment is flawed.
I was saying that Killing someone Legally is only exceptable in a Corporal Punishment kind of situation. Where is it legal for me to go up to any person, Small or Tall, and say...I'm going to kill you, Then do it. And walk away?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #27
kareless
Dirty Little Girl!
 
kareless's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-24-07
Location: Harrison, Mi
Posts: 4,267
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Wow... You're no fun at ALL!

We're trying to fight here. Buzzkill.
Ok I am not for having an abortion as a means of birth control. Wrap is it up, take a pill be reponsable. But if someone is raped, then they should have a choice..
kareless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #28
forbyefore
.
 
forbyefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-07
Location: Bay City/AuGres, MI
Posts: 1,436
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareless View Post
Ok I am not for having an abortion as a means of birth control. Wrap is it up, take a pill be reponsable. But if someone is raped, then they should have a choice..
I think a lot of the pro life crowd would agree with that
forbyefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #29
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I agree that is a double standard. Either the unborn baby is a "life" and ending it, regardless of who does it or why, is murder, or it isn't a "life" and killing it is not murder. It should not be different depending on who does it or why (exception given to save the life of the mother).

As to the larger debate that this thread is likely headed towards, my perfect world would have no abortion. I don't like abortion. It would also have no unwanted pregancies, victims of rape or incest, or situations where the mother life is in danger. I would like to see abortion eliminated, but rather than doing by removing it as a chioce, I want to do it by either preventing the situation in the first place, or by providing better choices.

Yes, I know that is a utopian ideal that will never happen, but that is what I would rather work towards, since no other solution will ever be agreeable to all people.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #30
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I was saying that Killing someone Legally is only exceptable in a Corporal Punishment kind of situation. Where is it legal for me to go up to any person, Small or Tall, and say...I'm going to kill you, Then do it. And walk away?
No, euthanasia is actually legal under narrow definitions, and there's nothing punishment about that. Same with self-defense.

But I'm not saying that to disagree with you. I agree. Killing is wrong in all cases, including death sentences and war, but somehow we have lot's of 'christians' here that think those circumstances are okay (not saying you, just saying in general.).

I think I agree with you on much more than you realize. I think your religious views are very similar to my secular views: yours come from the teachings of christ, mine come from the university of hard knocks, but I think you and I would see eye to eye on the principal of most things. Toes too. I think we could make for some long-winded and interesting fireside conversation.

BTW: Jesus was a liberal.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #31
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I agree that is a double standard. Either the unborn baby is a "life" and ending it, regardless of who does it or why, is murder, or it isn't a "life" and killing it is not murder. It should not be different depending on who does it or why (exception given to save the life of the mother).

As to the larger debate that this thread is likely headed towards, my perfect world would have no abortion. I don't like abortion. It would also have no unwanted pregancies, victims of rape or incest, or situations where the mother life is in danger. I would like to see abortion eliminated, but rather than doing by removing it as a chioce, I want to do it by either preventing the situation in the first place, or by providing better choices.

Yes, I know that is a utopian ideal that will never happen, but that is what I would rather work towards, since no other solution will ever be agreeable to all people.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #32
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbyefore View Post
I think a lot of the pro life crowd would agree with that
I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
No, euthanasia is actually legal under narrow definitions, and there's nothing punishment about that. Same with self-defense.

But I'm not saying that to disagree with you. I agree. Killing is wrong in all cases, including death sentences and war, but somehow we have lot's of 'christians' here that think those circumstances are okay (not saying you, just saying in general.).

I think I agree with you on much more than you realize. I think your religious views are very similar to my secular views: yours come from the teachings of christ, mine come from the university of hard knocks, but I think you and I would see eye to eye on the principal of most things. Toes too. I think we could make for some long-winded and interesting fireside conversation.

BTW: Jesus was a liberal.
yes he was, But he didn't wine like one.

Just to be clear, I do think that war is A natural thing that has to happen. But, much like abortion, there are reasons that are right to do it and reasons that are wrong. In Early Hebrew times, That was the right time to have war. Nazi time, Right time. This time around....eh....I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited by L4CX; March 15th, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #33
dakotaguy1
DODGE POWER!
 
dakotaguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-07
Location: White Lake,MI
Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dakotaguy1
Default

this is gona be good
dakotaguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #34
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
So, what does a unborn child do to deserve a Corporal Punishment? Kill his Twin? My twin brother tried to, But he only managed to crack my Collar bone. He's still after me to this day. I'm glad he's not dead though.

IMO, Abortion is more about Convenience then anything. If you had the sex, You should expect a Child. I think Raping and things like that are different. Honestly, a 15 year old girl that is pregnant due to screwing around with her Post-Pubescent boyfriend should be forced to have that child. That thing down there is a loaded weapon. If you fire it you should be willing to take the consequences and if you're a Woman, You should be careful who you let into the Firing range.
Babies don't hold jobs or contribute to society. They are slackers.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #35
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1204598441.jpg
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #36
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

My question is, what do you do with all the kids who would be born to parents who don't want them if abortion was illegal? Are we sending them to all the pro-lifers or are we forcing parents to keep the kids that they don't want and raise them?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #37
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
My question is, what do you do with all the kids who would be born to parents who don't want them if abortion was illegal? Are we sending them to all the pro-lifers or are we forcing parents to keep the kids that they don't want and raise them?
Let all the Homosexual Couples adopt them.

In all honesty I think they should be put in some kind of Long term Parenting Class. Call it Babies Anonymous or something. Then Say "Tuff Nuggets, You have a Kid now".

That is a Good question though. I wish it didn't have to be answered. We should start, as Brewman suggested, with teaching control to the Children.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #38
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Let all the Homosexual Couples adopt them.

In all honesty I think they should be put in some kind of Long term Parenting Class. Call it Babies Anonymous or something. Then Say "Tuff Nuggets, You have a Kid now".

That is a Good question though. I wish it didn't have to be answered. We should start, as Brewman suggested, with teaching control to the Children.
I'm actually quite the softy.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #39
95Bronco
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-25-10
Location: Sturgis MI
Posts: 829
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I figure that until a fetus can function on it's own, OUTSIDE of a woman's body, then it is a part of her body.

I'm all for the choice, though my moral beliefs disagree with abortion in 'most' cases.
95Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #40
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Siamese twin #1 can't survive if separated from #2. Does #2 have the right to insist on separation and the death of #1.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.37469 seconds with 80 queries