Theist or Non-Theist - Page 15 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
View Poll Results: Are you a Theist or Non-Theist?
Theist 48 46.60%
Non-theist 55 53.40%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #281
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You're a legend in your own mind.
Good thing the masses aren't more like me, what, people thinking for themselves and not shuffling through life obeying whatever they're told, it would be anarchy! I'm really not full of myself, but I sure as hell don't need a holy ghost to fill some hole inside me either.

Is it really that strange to you for someone to be confident in themselves with no outside "help" ?
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #282
93xjr
Senile Member
 
93xjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-10
Location: Charlotte, MI
Posts: 215
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
If you live in my house, no premarital sex, drugs, under age drinking, myspace untill your 18, tattoos, ear peircing of boys, out past 9@15 11@16 midnight as long as you live here.

If your my 22 year old engaged daughter and you stay out to late, Yes you get grounded.
It's those kinds of strict rules that make kids rebel and do worse stuff then they normally would.

Oh and loosen the fukc up a little. That shit is ratarded.
93xjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #283
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xjr View Post
It's those kinds of strict rules that make kids rebel and do worse stuff then they normally would.

Oh and loosen the fukc up a little. That shit is ratarded.
Wow. I now believe in abortion. Go ask your mother to get one a.s.a.p.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #284
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
God had nothing to do with it. You got jobs, so do non-believers. You went to college. So do non believers. Some of us even learn to use an s at the end of words that need them, know the difference between your and you're and how to spell the word weak. If it was god dragging your ass through college, it seems like he was holding out on you.
lolz
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #285
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Did you mean I spell good too?

L4CX, I have me. For some of us, we have confidence in ourselves. You have your superstitions to get you through. I'm glad you have that to lean on. By the way, your god is getting his ass kicked in this threads poll. Don't see any bible thumpers commenting on that.
My God Doesn't need any help but thanks for your concern. I have Confidence in my self but am Humble enough to realize I can't do everything by my self. It's called balance and it's taught as a Main character of being a "Christian Man".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Yup, sounds like you've pretty much got me pegged. I do pay retail most of the time. You now know that i'm not a christian, and you've also deducted that i'm not a fucking jew either. Good job!
That was Hilarious, I giggled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xjr View Post
It's those kinds of strict rules that make kids rebel and do worse stuff then they normally would.

Oh and loosen the fukc up a little. That shit is ratarded.
Not really, Sounds spot on. There is a catch to that though (and Toes can correct me if I'm wrong). You have to have a Good relationship with the kids in order for them to understand WHY you have strict rules like that. The Reason kids Rebel is because they don't feel that their parents have their best interest. If you have a Loving and caring relationship with a child they still won't like the rules but know Exactly why you have them. It's not how many rules you make, it's about teaching them to make good choices.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #286
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
My God Doesn't need any help but thanks for your concern. I have Confidence in my self but am Humble enough to realize I can't do everything by my self. It's called balance and it's taught as a Main character of being a "Christian Man".



That was Hilarious, I giggled.
Live and let live. I can get along fine with any christian who knows that I have no tolerance for them trying to pawn it off on me. I really have no respect for religion, but I suppose I can keep quiet about it for the right people
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #287
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Live and let live. I can get along fine with any christian who knows that I have no tolerance for them trying to pawn it off on me. I really have no respect for religion, but I suppose I can keep quiet about it for the right people
Well, that's our main goal so I see why you have so many issues with them.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #288
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Well, that's our main goal so I see why you have so many issues with them.
Wanna buy some crack? Wanna buy some crack? Wanna buy some crack? See how annoying that shit is? I myself, and probably many others, wouldn't mind christians so much if you'd just keep that shit to yourselves. You have christian friends and what not, go rub your bibles together with them or whatever it is you do.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #289
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Wanna buy some crack? Wanna buy some crack? Wanna buy some crack? See how annoying that shit is? I myself, and probably many others, wouldn't mind christians so much if you'd just keep that shit to yourselves. You have christian friends and what not, go rub your bibles together with them or whatever it is you do.
Something about "Go and make Disciples of Men" comes to mind. I like the Boat analogy. If you knew the ship was going down wouldn't you want to tell everyone you knew/Cared about to get on the life boat? That's what Christians are doing. So, I guess I would ask you what makes you think the boat isn't sinking?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #290
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,878
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
So, I guess I would ask you what makes you think the boat isn't sinking?
a complete and utter lack of evidence for the supernatural.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #291
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Something about "Go and make Disciples of Men" comes to mind. I like the Boat analogy. If you knew the ship was going down wouldn't you want to tell everyone you knew/Cared about to get on the life boat? That's what Christians are doing. So, I guess I would ask you what makes you think the boat isn't sinking?
Where's the leak? The sun was up today, just like every other day, Everybody with any common sense and a work ethic has food in their stomach, (I know, there's people starving somewhere) Life is good. Religious peoples problem is mortality. That's your sinking ship. Christians are the most arrogant mother-fuckers out there because they feel that someway somehow some god is going to make them live forever. Life is good, death is death. You're mortal. Enjoy life while you have it, but learn to get over "forever".
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #292
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Where's the leak? The sun was up today, just like every other day, Everybody with any common sense and a work ethic has food in their stomach, (I know, there's people starving somewhere) Life is good.
Ironically, my wife is Cooking dinner right now. And you don't know my work ethic.


Quote:
Religious peoples problem is mortality. That's your sinking ship. Christians are the most arrogant mother-fuckers out there because they feel that someway somehow some god is going to make them live forever. Life is good, death is death. You're mortal. Enjoy life while you have it, but learn to get over "forever".
Agreed! I'm over it.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #293
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
a complete and utter lack of evidence for the supernatural.
Would you agree that our world is getting worse or better?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #294
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Ironically, my wife is Cooking dinner right now. And you don't know my work ethic.




Agreed! I'm over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Would you agree that our world is getting worse or better?
I wasn't attacking your work ethic, just pointing out that those that help themselves get what they need on their own.

You're not really over it, because you've convinced yourself that santas sleigh and his reindeer are going to drag your ass up to heaven when you die.

Better or worse than what? Every generation says the world is going to shit. Every generation has to live in the world they were born into. Ask any teenager out there, they don't give a fukc about the "good old days".
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #295
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I wasn't attacking your work ethic, just pointing out that those that help themselves get what they need on their own.

You're not really over it, because you've convinced yourself that santas sleigh and his reindeer are going to drag your ass up to heaven when you die.

Better or worse than what? Every generation says the world is going to shit. Every generation has to live in the world they were born into. Ask any teenager out there, they don't give a fukc about the "good old days".
I don't care if I die right now. I don't care if All that happens is my Neurological Circuits just stop and there is no more "me". With My Faith, If I die, I'll get to be with the God that I've been attempting to walk with here on earth, In heaven. With out faith, I would not be able to do that. Weather or not he is real isn't the case, I enjoy his "presence" (real or not) Day to day. I also Enjoy what sharing that faith with others (Christians or not) accomplishes as well. I don't lie in bed worrying about tomorrow or the day I die. Mostly because I work hard during the day and "worrying" is hard to do when I'm sleeping

They don't care about the Good ole' days because they don't have "Ole' Days" to think about. And just because the frog doesn't realize the water is getting hotter it doesn't excuse the fact that he is being boiled to death.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #296
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,878
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Would you agree that our world is getting worse or better?
better. Unlike the guys who wrote your special holy book, I live in a nice house with electricity and indoor plumbing.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #297
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
You must not have daughters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Why would you think that?
It really wasn't a dig. Most fathers are very protective of their daughters because we were once horny teenagers too.

Toes and I seem like hardasses and to some degree we are. I can't vouch for Toes, but in my house, we give our childeren lots of love and praise. The big thing is accountabilty, hence the strict rules. I don't run my house like a concentration camp but my kids know that if a rule is broken, a punishment will follow. After the punishment (time out, spanking, grounding, loss of a privilage, etc.), I take time to talk to my girls to let them know what they did wrong. I also tell them I love them and give them lots of hugs.

As Toes said, when a rule gets broken, a punishment follows. Just like in the big kid's world.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #298
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Good thing the masses aren't more like me, what, people thinking for themselves and not shuffling through life obeying whatever they're told, it would be anarchy! I'm really not full of myself, but I sure as hell don't need a holy ghost to fill some hole inside me either.

Is it really that strange to you for someone to be confident in themselves with no outside "help" ?
It is anarchy with people just like you, too much thinking for yourselves makes this world what it is today. And yes you are full of yourself.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #299
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Good thing the masses aren't more like me, what, people thinking for themselves and not shuffling through life obeying whatever they're told, it would be anarchy! I'm really not full of myself, but I sure as hell don't need a holy ghost to fill some hole inside me either.

Is it really that strange to you for someone to be confident in themselves with no outside "help" ?
Let me regress a little.
First thing is, you’re a fucking amateur when it comes to life.
The second thing is, in the big boy’s world you would be hard pressed to be a third stringer.
You somehow mistake your stupidity for self confidence.
You somehow mistake your ignorant ramblings for thinking for yourself.
You have no life experience to speak of, and therefore no firsthand knowledge of what life is.
The masses are like you, they talk without a brain and unknowingly do exactly what their told.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #300
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xjr View Post
It's those kinds of strict rules that make kids rebel and do worse stuff then they normally would.

Oh and loosen the fukc up a little. That shit is ratarded.
You really don't have a clue, do you.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.37204 seconds with 81 queries