|February 7th, 2010, 07:44 PM||#1|
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Traverse city
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
how many different codes are there for the key thobs. can you reprogram a key thob to work on different trucks.
i lost my only set of keys for my 99 dodge and my 97 jeep.
both keys are on one ring.
can i get any random dodge key thob from that vintage and re progam it to work on my truck?
|February 7th, 2010, 08:04 PM||#2|
Big Block Ranger
Join Date: 05-11-08
Location: Hamilton, MI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
As long as you get the correct version fob for your year/make/model any will work. When you get a different one you have to "learn" the vehicle to accept the new fob. This process is different for every vehicle but is covered in the owners manual and you can also find the procedure online if you don't have the book.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it while pooping, thank Bill Gates!
"A girls butt hole is like a 9 volt battery. You know its wrong, but eventually you put your tongue on it."
|February 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM||#3|
Join Date: 04-02-07
Location: F-L-I-N-T South Side
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A company I worked for did a Key Fob assembly machine for Lexus and they had 10,000 different key fob codes...but that was several years ago.
This is what I seen on Wiki Answer, it may be worth a try
How do you program a Chrysler Key Fob?
In: Chrysler, Dodge
RKE Programming Procedure:
2. Using a functional key fob transmitter, unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
3. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
4. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position with- out starting engine.
5. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum 4 seconds (maximum 10 seconds).
6. While holding UNLOCK button, and before 10 seconds passes, press and release the PANIC button. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
7. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press any button on each new key fob transmitter. After 30 seconds or when ignition switch is turned OFF , the RKE module will end the programming mode. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer receive additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
8. When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn Ignition Switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob. NOTE: Only the primary (first two) key fob transmitters will operate the memory seat and mirror systems. If a primary key fob is being replaced, the memory seat and mirror module will require programming.
"It's better to burnout than to fade away!"
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|