Middle East Crisis - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:19 PM   #21
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,825
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
So when did they pick a fight with us? You can't say back in the 80s because we should have done something then and not 20 years later.
It's their fault for everything...time to whack em and stack em.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:34 PM   #22
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws
It's their fault for everything...time to whack em and stack em.
I want to know if you believe stealing OIL is okay which will mean that taking (stealing) a nice FI 383 stroked YJ will be okay as well :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #23
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,825
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
I want to know if you believe stealing OIL is okay which will mean that taking (stealing) a nice FI 383 stroked YJ will be okay as well :tonka:
We wouldn't be stealing it...we would own the country so we wouldn't have to steal it. I say if they F with us, then damn it, invade and conquer. Keep the spoils of war.

If we raced for pinks and I lost and you kept the Jeep, then you wouldn't be stealing it. You won it in war. It's yours to keep.

But i'm not giving you 15 lengths. :tonka:

I know CMU, I know people that go there, I know instructors that teach there, including an out of the closet lesbian. Lived in Big Rapids for 13 years. CMU is like any other college (except way more to the lib side), and politics do not stay out of the classroom.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #24
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws

If we raced for pinks and I lost and you kept the Jeep, then you wouldn't be stealing it. You won it in war. It's yours to keep.

But i'm not giving you 15 lengths. :tonka:
This could be fun down in Lapeer. We should do a Pink Slip race if you want to have the chance of getting my GTC. It's not a cool YJ but a race is a race :tonka:

And just cause you know one lesbo that probably teaches in the Philosophy (sp?) department does not mean it speaks for all of CMU.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #25
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66
Reparations

Thats great.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #26
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,825
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

From CNN

Quote:
Hezbollah warns it wants no safe place for Israelis.
That just ain't right.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #27
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66
Reparations
For 4000 years of injustice?
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #28
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws
From CNN



That just ain't right.
THats why they are getting their asses handed to them.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #29
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws
We wouldn't be stealing it...we would own the country so we wouldn't have to steal it. I say if they F with us, then damn it, invade and conquer. Keep the spoils of war.

If we raced for pinks and I lost and you kept the Jeep, then you wouldn't be stealing it. You won it in war. It's yours to keep.

But i'm not giving you 15 lengths. :tonka:

I know CMU, I know people that go there, I know instructors that teach there, including an out of the closet lesbian. Lived in Big Rapids for 13 years. CMU is like any other college (except way more to the lib side), and politics do not stay out of the classroom.
It is true that politics do tend to get into the classrooms at University, but that is because there are independant thinkers there, not those that follow the masses. Mind you, conservatives also teach at University, its a 2 way street.
Dont be mad at CMU because he thinks, be happy you can have an intelligent conversation with him, unlike most of the neighbors I have here Downriver.

Jesse

(4th free thinking person on board)
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #30
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,825
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

One thing that I have noticed in the world.....

It seems (by and large) that the longer a person is out of college, the less lib they get. So there may still be hope for cmujeeper.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #31
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I agree.. in college I became a vegetarian and actually was friends with people who werent in the young :tonka: like a damn hippy.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #32
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann
I agree.. in college I became a vegetarian and actually was friends with people who werent in the young :tonka: like a damn hippy.
How did you pay for college? I hope it wasn't with fincial aid since your sooo against funding.

I'm not really all that liberal. I like guns!!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #33
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
How did you pay for college? I hope it wasn't with fincial aid since your sooo against funding.

I'm not really all that liberal. I like guns!!
I received honors scholarships and I worked as a debate coach. I dont have any debt from college.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #34
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann
I received honors scholarships and I worked as a debate coach. I dont have any debt from college.
WOW

I have what seems like an eternity of debt.

Well done. A rarity to be sure!
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #35
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb
WOW

I have what seems like an eternity of debt.

Well done. A rarity to be sure!
It wasnt hard to get those scholarships at Wayne. You only needed a 3.8 or higher, but you had to endure a craphole for four years :tonka:
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #36
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,825
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
How did you pay for college? I hope it wasn't with fincial aid since your sooo against funding.
STFU about the LOANS. They are a government program that gets people an education. It's way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way different then getting money to stay at home and not work, keep having kids, and drive a Escalade or a BMW.

And also remember...if you are gonna lump those into your "aid" package, there is a limit to the amount you can take over your lifetime AND you have to keep your grades up to keep getting it so you actually have to work.

Last edited by Buggy_Tim; July 24th, 2006 at 07:19 PM.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #37
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

CMUjeeper i hope this is just an argument ploy to get responses! :miff: student loans are not like well fare, you have to pay it back with interest, you most likely will get a good middle class job, work for 30+ years and contributes hundreds of thousands of dollars - millions of dollars in taxes. The government offers student loans to bolster the economy. You dont think poor kids from well fare families can get loans? Its avaiable to anyone who went to highschool, which as far as i know has been free to everyone in america for over 60 years. I myself have never been eligble for wellfare. so from my angle well fare folks can get everything i was eligble for, plus 15 grand a year to sit on their ass, AND NOT PAY TAXES !!

To try to paint any educated folks on this board who took advantage of student loans as the same as lifelong or second or third generation well fare couldnt be more unfair.

Lastly the adminstrative costs for a well fare recipient in one year could pay for tuition with room and board to any state college for 5 years. It costs approximate 45 grand to administer every recipent of 12-15 grand. Thats 60 grand per year. I think you can go to harvard for a year cheaper than that !!!!

People on well fare are not getting ripped off and people that have student loans are not "working the system" :miff:

Last edited by jamiesann; July 24th, 2006 at 11:43 PM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #38
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesann
CMUjeeper i hope this is just an argument ploy to get responses! :miff:

People on well fare are not getting ripped off and people that have student loans are not "working the system" :miff:
It is just an argument ploy to get responses.

I completly agree with you but there are sooo many on this board that say "no governement assistance what so ever" that need to be reminded that even though welfare is bad there are also programs like W.I.C. and Financial Aid that the government provides to help out. All government assistance is not bad but in some cases it needs an extreame overhual like the welfare system and even though there are many people ripping off the welfare system that are also thousands that actually need the help.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #39
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
It is just an argument ploy to get responses.

I completly agree with you but there are sooo many on this board that say "no governement assistance what so ever" that need to be reminded that even though welfare is bad there are also programs like W.I.C. and Financial Aid that the government provides to help out. All government assistance is not bad but in some cases it needs an extreame overhual like the welfare system and even though there are many people ripping off the welfare system that are also thousands that actually need the help.
If the government didnt offer student loans private companies would.. Wait.. some do.. :miff: I never even took student loans and I know that.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #40
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann
If the government didnt offer student loans private companies would.. Wait.. some do.. :miff: I never even took student loans and I know that.
Awesome for you!!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33904 seconds with 80 queries