Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Good Weekend Getaway?

6K views 95 replies 48 participants last post by  GerkTJ 
#1 ·
Where's a decent spot within a 5 hour drive for a good couples weekend getaway?

Not looking to break the bank, but something with a nice place to stay, maybe some sightseeing and good restaurants.

This would be in February, so keep weather stuff in mind if ya could!

Been to Traverse City and Frankenmuth too many times.

#22 ·
Jeff,

you could check out Leelenau peninsula the 6th and 7th. LP wines sponsors an event called taste the passion, a wine tasting event. It's all day on Saturday and Sunday. There are like 15 or 16 wineries that you go to and try wines and sample food. It's pretty fun. Here's the site: http://www.lpwines.com/taste/

you can pm me for more info. the LP is pretty dead during the winter so there are good deals on rooms. :)

oh, here's a video they made from last years event:

#59 ·
Actually that was tried, AJ hall was bitching he needed money, I told him if he wanted to raise some money by fighting me that I would volunteer to fight him. It was all in fun, and because AJ was a cocky little shit if he won he kept the money, if I won I donated the door money to charity.....anyway as we all know he backed out. Then before I decided Greasemonkey was a fucking assbag he stepped up and said he would fight for fun as well, and we'd each donate the money to the charity of our choice if we won and it would all be good. Well he backed out because he didn't want his face ruined and he didn't have dental insurance....fair enough. So to make a long story short he then got pissed because he has zero ability to take a joke and decided to run his mouth about my son and my parenting abilities, which in my opinion unless you are bragging about doing drugs with your kids, is probably a line better left uncrossed....greasefagfuckingmonkey crossed it. so I got pissed, and I crossed a line that I feel was wrong of me to cross, but he crossed a line first, and irritated the piss out of me, so I justified calling his wife fat, which probably wasn't real nice. But we all already knew that greasemonkey was a whiny bitch with a small cock, so it's not like something like that would get a rise out of him.
You seriously need psychological help.

I'm not the insecure prick that continues to troll someone's threads and posts because your panties got in a bunch. You continue to instigate, not me. You have your thoughts about me, good for you. I have mine about you, the difference is I am not following you around on this forum and posting lewd comments.

Grow the fuck up and get a life.
You have no idea jeff, you've met me twice, maybe three times, my panties may be in a bunch, because your dumbass made a seriously disrespectful comment that was completely un-necessary and uncalled for simply because you have zero ability to take a single jab. You live in a fucking glass house and the minute anyone throws a stone back you turn into the biggest bitch in the world.

I've told you before, you continue to make comments about my son and I will continue to troll the shit out of anything you do. You crossed the line first, you made the first move, so I countered, I'm a counter puncher, just an FYI in case you ever do decide to say the wrong thing to my face.

#39 ·
Surprisingly we had a good time in Cleveland last year for a winter 3 day weekend. Downtown has a lot of great historic buildings with awesome architecture. (federal reserve, an early mall, public library, other banks) An hour east of town is a pretty good winery area with some good tasting. Don't forget the R&R hall of fame, Hard Rock Cafe & some other good restaurants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.