Supreme Court strikes down McCain-Feingold campaign finance law - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 14th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #61
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,127
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Okay, so let's take that logic a little further.

Bombs are not people. Nor is heroin. Nor is pornography. Nor is nuclear waste. By your logic the government (you know, "the people") doesn't have any right to regulate them either. Is that what you are saying?
First the government isn't the people. Go back and try to comprehend my post about the three parties of the constitution.

Second, I'll take this logic all the way to it's conclusion. The legislative branch of the Federal Gov't, you know the same guys who wrote and passed McCain/Feingold, they have exactly 18 powers according to Article I section 8 of the constitution. If whatever it is you're talking about above, or McCain'/Feingold can be included within one of those 18 powers, then it is constitutionally valid. If not then the Supreme Court has a duty to strike the law down. Those powers would then be left to the states or to the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
It's not bait bud. It's a quote directly from Mussolini himself. It has nothing to do with reasoning with me.

And I come on here to "reason" all the time. It's you and Toes and others like you that use logic like "Obama sucks ass", and other name calling. There's nothing resonable about that. It get's no one anywhere.

Oh, and it's spelld "bait".
I'm not your bud, and you are not reasonable by any stretch, and you have no comprehension of Fascism.

Oh, and it's spelled "spelled". Isn't Karma a bitch?

Obama sucking ass isn't logic it's fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
You hit the nail on the head Toes. Honestly I'm not a big fan of PAC's either. I believe all campaigning should be financed by the people No private funding of any kind from individuals or PAC's or collectives or anything.
You are contradicting here, first you say financing should be by "the people", then you say no funding should come from individuals. What, in your mind, is the difference between individuals and "the people"?
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #62
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
First the government isn't the people. Go back and try to comprehend my post about the three parties of the constitution.

Second, I'll take this logic all the way to it's conclusion. The legislative branch of the Federal Gov't, you know the same guys who wrote and passed McCain/Feingold, they have exactly 18 powers according to Article I section 8 of the constitution. If whatever it is you're talking about above, or McCain'/Feingold can be included within one of those 18 powers, then it is constitutionally valid. If not then the Supreme Court has a duty to strike the law down. Those powers would then be left to the states or to the people.



I'm not your bud, and you are not reasonable by any stretch, and you have no comprehension of Fascism.

Oh, and it's spelled "spelled". Isn't Karma a bitch?

Obama sucking ass isn't logic it's fact.



You are contradicting here, first you say financing should be by "the people", then you say no funding should come from individuals. What, in your mind, is the difference between individuals and "the people"?



How come lake ORION and ORION films are spelled the same way but pronounced different????
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #63
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Yes, you can and should use YOUR LLC money to contribute to whomever you want, but you are an INDIVIDUAL using his earnings as he see's fit.

This "anti-capitalist" crap really cracks me up. It makes it clear none of you guys actually know diddly-squat about anything but the little bubble you live in. Have any of you even left your home town? Ever? Look at all the other industrialised countries in the world with well regulated capitalist structures. You're going to tell me Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, etc. (I could go on and on) are anti-capitalist? You're either amazingly ignorant, or in total denial.
IMHO .... They are ignorant bastards.... who are in capable of distinguishing fact from opinion given them by Dum Fux News.

Below is a sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post

Obama sucking ass isn't logic it's fact.


Last edited by 97xj; February 15th, 2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added evidence to support my case
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #64
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,127
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97xj View Post
IMHO .... They are ignorant bastards.... who are in capable of distinguishing fact from opinion given them by Dum Fux News.

Below is a sample
I don't watch Fox News so your prejudice opinion of me is wrong. If you'd like to know the truth, my opinion of this issue is based on me having read and understood the constitution as it is written, nothing else.

That being said, I have not and will not resort to name calling. I've been polite to you the entire time., it's a shame you have not shown the same respect.

Resorting to calling me an ignorant bastard is the last resort of someone who has failed to win the debate.

Admit it, you've lost.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #65
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I am sorry that I implied that you watch Fox News... Please accept my apology.

Your use of "Obama sucks ass as fact" shows that you are not willing to discuss anything political with an open mind. Your insistence that you have won this shows that you can very bastard like in your defense of something that is very commonly defended on Fox News.

Please forgive me for making this small jump in logic from being ignorant bastard like to being an ignorant bastard.

You have not yet won the debate... Only that you agree with the 5-4 opinion of the Court. I disagree with you and the Court. I will work to get it overturned. The Supreme Court can make mistakes and I believe it here has made an error that will have disastrous effects on our electoral process.

While I do not like PACS they are a mechanism to allow individuals to pool resources for political speech. They are different because of the rules governing expenditures and disclosures. For large scale speech it is very important to know who is funding it.
PACS are no more a person than a Corporation, but they are chartered differently and have very different accounting rules.

Last edited by 97xj; February 15th, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #66
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
I don't watch Fox News so your prejudice opinion of me is wrong. If you'd like to know the truth, my opinion of this issue is based on me having read and understood the constitution as it is written, nothing else.

That being said, I have not and will not resort to name calling. I've been polite to you the entire time., it's a shame you have not shown the same respect.

Resorting to calling me an ignorant bastard is the last resort of someone who has failed to win the debate.

Admit it, you've lost.
They can't loose a debate because they don't take a stand on anything. AGB says that a corporation doesn't have the rights of a person but then says "Yes, you can and should use YOUR LLC money to contribute to whomever you want, but you are an INDIVIDUAL using his earnings as he see's fit." in my world LLC stands for limited liability CORPORATION, and in our courts an LLC must adhere to the same constraints as a CORPORATION because it is a CORPORATION.
The left talks just to hear sounds, there is no common sense, or logic.

My 9th grade daughter comes home the other day and tells me they are studying the left and the right in their sociology class. She asks me how in the world can anybody with any ambition support the left, socialism, communism, or liberalism, because all they want to do is punish anybody who strives to succeed.

I didn't have a good answer other that IDK honey.

So how about a basic lesson in the left, liberalism, socialism, communism, or whatever you want to call it, that I can use to explain why someone with ambition, or someone who wants, or works harder than the average guy, would logically support the left.....

Oh yeah, the fact is Obama Sucks Ass. Doesn't matter what names you call people you can't change that fact.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #67
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97xj View Post
I am sorry that I implied that you watch Fox News... Please accept my apology.

Your use of "Obama sucks ass as fact" shows that you are not willing to discuss anything political with an open mind. Your insistence that you have won this shows that you can very bastard like in your defense of something that is very commonly defended on Fox News.

Please forgive me for making this small jump in logic from being ignorant bastard like to being an ignorant bastard.

You have not yet won the debate... Only that you agree with the 5-4 opinion of the Court. I disagree with you and the Court. I will work to get it overturned. The Supreme Court can make mistakes and I believe it here has made an error that will have disastrous effects on our electoral process.

While I do not like PACS they are a mechanism to allow individuals to pool resources for political speech. They are different because of the rules governing expenditures and disclosures. For large scale speech it is very important to know who is funding it.
PACS are no more a person than a Corporation, but they are chartered differently and have very different accounting rules.


Do you actually read what you type? I know things get lost online, but to say one organization is ok over another is just stupid. Your support for this is government regulations and accounting methods, you have got to be kidding??
Do you really believe that some how a PAC will be held to some other standard, and some how the money from a PAC will be used, distributed, or directed, differently than the money from a corp will.

It's not the governments money to spend or to tell someone how to spend.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #68
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,127
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97xj View Post
You have not yet won the debate
Then prove me wrong or go away.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #69
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
Then prove me wrong or go away.
Prove you are right or go away.... I have yet to see that so prove it.

Not Opinion. Prove it.
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #70
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I just like to hear you say it.


AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #71
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
First the government isn't the people. So then the U.S. Constitution does NOT say "We the people"???? Wow... I think you just invalidated anything else you might say next.Go back and try to comprehend my post about the three parties of the constitution.

Second, I'll take this logic all the way to it's conclusion. The legislative branch of the Federal Gov't, you know the same guys who wrote and passed McCain/Feingold, they have exactly 18 powers according to Article I section 8 of the constitution. If whatever it is you're talking about above, or McCain'/Feingold can be included within one of those 18 powers, then it is constitutionally valid. If not then the Supreme Court has a duty to strike the law down. Those powers would then be left to the states or to the people. Actually, the Supreme Court only rules if a case is challenged, and strictly on it's constitutionality.



I'm not your bud, and you are not reasonable by any stretch, and you have no comprehension of Fascism.

Oh, and it's spelled "spelled". Isn't Karma a bitch?

Obama sucking ass isn't logic it's fact.



You are contradicting here, first you say financing should be by "the people", then you say no funding should come from individuals. What, in your mind, is the difference between individuals and "the people"?
I said I prefer that "the people", you know, the ones in the beginning of the U.S. Constitution, should finance all campaigns, and in case you are incapable of figuring out why, it's to remove any special interests.

Where did you do your research on fascism? What I posted is from Mussolini himself. So are you saying HE has no comprehension of fascism? Are you supposed to know more about fascism than Mussolini?


No, you're not my "bud", because if you were you would have been smart enough to recognize pejorative... Pal.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #72
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
How come lake ORION and ORION films are spelled the same way but pronounced different????
And why is "abbreviate" such a long word?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #73
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
And why is "abbreviate" such a long word?
How come if 7-11 is open 365 days a year 24 hrs a day, they have locks on the doors
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #74
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
How come if 7-11 is open 365 days a year 24 hrs a day, they have locks on the doors
So if a cat always landsx on it's feet, and bread always falls buttered side down, what would happen if you strapped buttered bread to a cats back and dropped it?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #75
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,127
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I said I prefer that "the people", you know, the ones in the beginning of the U.S. Constitution, should finance all campaigns, and in case you are incapable of figuring out why, it's to remove any special interests.
All interests are special. Corporations are "the people" as I've been saying all along, so what's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Where did you do your research on fascism? What I posted is from Mussolini himself. So are you saying HE has no comprehension of fascism? Are you supposed to know more about fascism than Mussolini?
http://books.google.com/books?id=wHi...age&q=&f=false

You can read the first several pages on line for free although I recommend you read the entire book.

If you think that Fascism is corporate control of government, then you have been misled.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #76
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
They can't loose a debate because they don't take a stand on anything. AGB says that a corporation doesn't have the rights of a person but then says "Yes, you can and should use YOUR LLC money to contribute to whomever you want, but you are an INDIVIDUAL using his earnings as he see's fit." in my world LLC stands for limited liability CORPORATION, and in our courts an LLC must adhere to the same constraints as a CORPORATION because it is a CORPORATION.
The left talks just to hear sounds, there is no common sense, or logic.

My 9th grade daughter comes home the other day and tells me they are studying the left and the right in their sociology class. She asks me how in the world can anybody with any ambition support the left, socialism, communism, or liberalism, because all they want to do is punish anybody who strives to succeed.

I didn't have a good answer other that IDK honey.

So how about a basic lesson in the left, liberalism, socialism, communism, or whatever you want to call it, that I can use to explain why someone with ambition, or someone who wants, or works harder than the average guy, would logically support the left.....

Oh yeah, the fact is Obama Sucks Ass. Doesn't matter what names you call people you can't change that fact.
Well, since you want to bring your 9 year old in to it:

Your 9 year old probably has to listen to you rant on and on about your beliefs: religious, political, and probably everything else. I'll bet a nickle no one in your house is allowed to have any opinion but yours, and you justify that as being a strong male role model, so it follows suit thatshe wants to come home and say things that please you and gain your approval.

Because of this, your 9 year old will grow up to be as close-minded and loud-mouthed as you, and she'll have nothing intelligent to say because you are opposed to actually trying to learn anything more than what you already believe.

You'll explain it to her the way you do everything else: by telling her THE answer, YOUR answer, the one YOU agree with, because that's what you do... You TELL. You don't ask. You don't encourage her to discover for herself.

When she gets older you'll probably try to dictate what kind of boy she should or should not date (and what color they should be), and you'll justify that by saying you're trying to protect her.

If she wants to marry a Jewish boy and become Jewish you would have a fit.

If she wants to marry a black Muslim boy you would come unglued.

Probably refuse to give her away at the wedding.

Probably lose her for good because you want everything your way, or no way.

You should think about this, but I doubt you will.

Good luck.

Last edited by AGoodBuzz; February 19th, 2010 at 07:42 AM.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #77
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
All interests are special. Corporations are "the people" as I've been saying all along, so what's your point?



http://books.google.com/books?id=wHi...age&q=&f=false

You can read the first several pages on line for free although I recommend you read the entire book.

If you think that Fascism is corporate control of government, then you have been misled.
Corporations are made up of people, but the term "the people" refers to our government. For example: "The People vs. Mr. Toes, et al"., or "We the People, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our prosperity do ordain and establsih this Constitution for the United States of America."... Nowhere in there does it mention corporations... Or god for that matter.

So this guy comes out with a book saying he knows a "secret" about fascism that he is going to enlighten the world to.....

So the popularly accepted definition since Mussolini defined it has been wrong all along, and this guy knows the truth...

Every text book in every industrialised, free nation in the world is wrong...

So your guy... This one book... After all this time... Is going to correct the entire human race.... We've been wrong all along...

You are even ignoring Mussolini's own words...

And you call me misguided...

It sounds to me like you are trying to promote the belief that "the government" is something external and seperate from all of us, but that's what the English oligarchy was, and that's why the English colonists, joined by the colonists that left other such oligarchies, chose to Declare their Independence and form a government FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE.

So what part of history do you say is wrong now?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #78
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,127
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Corporations are made up of people, but the term "the people" refers to our government. For example: "The People vs. Mr. Toes, et al"., or "We the People, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our prosperity do ordain and establsih this Constitution for the United States of America."... Nowhere in there does it mention corporations... Or god for that matter.

I agree, it does not mention corporations. So where does congress get the power to make laws regarding corporations?

It doesn't have that power. Therefore that power would be delegated to the states or to the people per the 10th amendment.

Thanks for agreeing with my point again.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #79
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Well, since you want to bring your 9 year old in to it:

Your 9 year old probably has to listen to you rant on and on about your beliefs: religious, political, and probably everything else. I'll bet a nickle no one in your house is allowed to have any opinion but yours, and you justify that as being a strong male role model, so it follows suit thatshe wants to come home and say things that please you and gain your approval.

Because of this, your 9 year old will grow up to be as close-minded and loud-mouthed as you, and she'll have nothing intelligent to say because you are opposed to actually trying to learn anything more than what you already believe.

You'll explain it to her the way you do everything else: by telling her THE answer, YOUR answer, the one YOU agree with, because that's what you do... You TELL. You don't ask. You don't encourage her to discover for herself.

When she gets older you'll probably try to dictate what kind of boy she should or should not date (and what color they should be), and you'll justify that by saying you're trying to protect her.

If she wants to marry a Jewish boy and become Jewish you would have a fit.

If she wants to marry a black Muslim boy you would come unglued.

Probably refuse to give her away at the wedding.

Probably lose her for good because you want everything your way, or no way.

You should think about this, but I doubt you will.

Good luck.
You owe me a nickle, I accept paypal.

I thought I would try your answer so I told her it was GWBs fault but she said come on dad don't be a dumbass.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:46 AM   #80
eek22
Senior Member
 
eek22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-08-07
Location: Michigan
Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

How is it that you can't see the facts.

Corporations are NOT "The People."

Corporations = Special Interests

Plan and Simple.
eek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.60505 seconds with 80 queries