sick of the help haiti barrage - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #41
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,959
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
You really are a stupid fucker arent you? You dont even live in the real world. One question, are you a college student?
Nope, I work For to provide for my family. I gave up my College education to do so (for now). I live in the real world. From the Caliber of most of your posts on here I assumed you live in your parents basement? Am I wrong for thinking that?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #42
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 19,044
iTrader: (167)
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Fuck haiti. send obama with a boat full of banana's. leave obama there with his nigro brothers. Didn't he grow up there?
x2
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #43
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Nope, I work For to provide for my family. I gave up my College education to do so (for now). I live in the real world. From the Caliber of most of your posts on here I assumed you live in your parents basement? Am I wrong for thinking that?
yes, you are wrong. Today is my first day off since the 3rd of this month. I have worked 12-16 hours a day, slept in 40 dollar a night hotels, in my truck and standing up in order to better myself and my situation. just because you are a poor, dropout, schlub loser, who didnt plan well doesnt mean the rest of us who work our asses off should sink ourselves to your economic level.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #44
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
You're right, why would I want to be close to where you're at.

I'd much rather be a Slave with people that can appreciate what they have then a "bad guy" that has money and wealth. I can Guarantee that most of the Haitians have more happiness and joy then any body in this argument. I know this because I've been to impoverish countries and came back thinking "Why aren't Americans that happy?". If we were to actually show we cared and started living that way our country would become the best it's ever been. As of right now, the ideal of "me" rules our country and the people that perpetuate that idea are killing our future as a respected world power.
the idea of "euphoric utopia" is what is killing this country.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #45
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
the idea of "euphoric utopia" is what is killing this country.
Lets all just hold hands and sing kumbaya. Our spiritual energy will fix the world, feed us and house us.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #46
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Lets all just hold hands and sing kumbaya. Our spiritual energy will fix the world, feed us and house us.

x2
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #47
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,959
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
yes, you are wrong. Today is my first day off since the 3rd of this month. I have worked 12-16 hours a day, slept in 40 dollar a night hotels, in my truck and standing up in order to better myself and my situation. just because you are a poor, dropout, schlub loser, who didnt plan well doesnt mean the rest of us who work our asses off should sink ourselves to your economic level.
Actually, I'm not a Schlub Loser, I'm waiting for my wife to get out of College so that we can move to the Camp we work at. They've offered me two positions, Head of Maintenance, or director of the camp. I've known this for 4 years. My plan was to make it easier on my wife for her Studies intill we can move down thier Permanently. I don't care about being poor, I have what I need and more. I've worked hard for what I have as well. Just because I may not be wealthy doesn't mean I don't take Pride in what I do. The reason I'm in the place I'm in is because of a Sacrificial Commitment to my wife when we got married. She shares that same commitment with me. It's basically, what marriage is all about. Love. Not Emotional, but Character.

I'm content in my place in life and look foward to a life were I am more willing to serve my God. I may not have a ton of money, but I am wealthy in so many more ways.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #48
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,959
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
the idea of "euphoric utopia" is what is killing this country.
No euphoric utopia but people willing to realize that there is more to life then 4x4's and stuff.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #49
87Wagoneer
Member
 
Join Date: 07-01-09
Location: MI
Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

give the 10 bucks to the red cross. they do good work and are a reputable charity/organization. we are all on this planet together. you could give 10 bucks or an hour of your time to the local soup kitchen but you dont, so dont complain about helping Haiti.
87Wagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #50
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
No euphoric utopia but people willing to realize that there is more to life then 4x4's and stuff.
so under your model hobbies and interests are no longer allowed because it is selfish?

you obviously are bitter about something or another. maybe because of decisions you made. you say you support your family and gave up school to
do so. you don't sound happy about it. maybe that is what you detest. who knows. I have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, which means I will take full advantage to work to achieve my personal goals. not the goals of haiti.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #51
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Actually, I'm not a Schlub Loser, I'm waiting for my wife to get out of College so that we can move to the Camp we work at. They've offered me two positions, Head of Maintenance, or director of the camp. I've known this for 4 years. My plan was to make it easier on my wife for her Studies intill we can move down thier Permanently. I don't care about being poor, I have what I need and more. I've worked hard for what I have as well. Just because I may not be wealthy doesn't mean I don't take Pride in what I do. The reason I'm in the place I'm in is because of a Sacrificial Commitment to my wife when we got married. She shares that same commitment with me. It's basically, what marriage is all about. Love. Not Emotional, but Character.

I'm content in my place in life and look foward to a life were I am more willing to serve my God. I may not have a ton of money, but I am wealthy in so many more ways.
have fun getting sheared. Hopefully your wife will share the same ideals and beliefs you do for the rest of both of your lives. I plan on clawing, scratching, tearing and climbing my way up the food chain until I am much higher up. Any day you want, come hang with me. I bet you cannot do what I do. Once you are 100+ feet in the air on a 15 degree winter winter day with the wind screaming in your ears welding on a derrick that lifts 500K lbs of steel you appreciate your paycheck a little more.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #52
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
so under your model hobbies and interests are no longer allowed because it is selfish?

you obviously are bitter about something or another. maybe because of decisions you made. you say you support your family and gave up school to
do so. you don't sound happy about it. maybe that is what you detest. who knows. I have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, which means I will take full advantage to work to achieve my personal goals. not the goals of haiti.
Life gave him lemons, so he rubs them in his eyes and cries. Proud to be poor my ass.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #53
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,959
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
so under your model hobbies and interests are no longer allowed because it is selfish?

you obviously are bitter about something or another. maybe because of decisions you made. you say you support your family and gave up school to
do so. you don't sound happy about it. maybe that is what you detest. who knows. I have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, which means I will take full advantage to work to achieve my personal goals. not the goals of haiti.
Having a Hobby is one thing. I don't get how some people can cry about being poor yet still Support thier "Hobby".

And I'm not bitter about getting out of college. I didn't have the direction I needed anyways. I was going to be a Union Stage hand and decided that wasn't the life for me. I'm glad I'm out of it now. I make a Living driving a School bus and delivery Van for food service. In a year I will start my training as either the head of Maintenance (Vocational School, Learning just about everything you would need to run a camp) or A director (Going to school for a Degree in Ministry management, basically a Business degree). I'm content. Honestly, I don't know if you guys can wrap your heads around that, but I am.

And to be honest, Haiti isn't part of my dreams either. But, that doesn't change the fact that I recognize the responsibility to help someone when they need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
have fun getting sheared. Hopefully your wife will share the same ideals and beliefs you do for the rest of both of your lives. I plan on clawing, scratching, tearing and climbing my way up the food chain until I am much higher up. Any day you want, come hang with me. I bet you cannot do what I do. Once you are 100+ feet in the air on a 15 degree winter winter day with the wind screaming in your ears welding on a derrick that lifts 500K lbs of steel you appreciate your paycheck a little more.
She does, and I'm pretty sure she will. I don't expect you to understand though. I'll meet you on the top, It may take me a bit longer but that just means I'll have more support from the people who I respected and didn't climb over to get there. I would LOVE to come and Work on a Derrick 100ft in the air. My original career aspiration was to be a Stage rigger. 60 or so feet in the air with just an I-beam and some rope. I'm not that great of a Welder though. Only Stick and TIG.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #54
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
She does, and I'm pretty sure she will. I don't expect you to understand though. I'll meet you on the top, It may take me a bit longer but that just means I'll have more support from the people who I respected and didn't climb over to get there. I would LOVE to come and Work on a Derrick 100ft in the air. My original career aspiration was to be a Stage rigger. 60 or so feet in the air with just an I-beam and some rope. I'm not that great of a Welder though. Only Stick and TIG.
I was just kidding about you coming to work with me. We dont allow quitters or poor people around us.

P.S. you have a very unchristian attitude...
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #55
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,959
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I was just kidding about you coming to work with me. We dont allow quitters or poor people around us.

P.S. you have a very unchristian attitude...
OH, so you were just talking out of your butt eh? that's what I thought. And the bible doesn't say anything about making fun of people. Either way, You're welcome to come to work with me. 60+ Students 4 times a day. I drive through Traffic and have to deal with High schoolers and Middle schoolers fighting, Kicking, Spiting, Swearing, Throwing, ETC...... Then off to the Elementary kids. That's a whole other ball game. It may not be as high risk as your job, but can be just as Exciting and rewarding. Did I mention that I'm strapped into a Seat Facing AWAY from them?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #56
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Having a Hobby is one thing. I don't get how some people can cry about being poor yet still Support thier "Hobby".

And I'm not bitter about getting out of college. I didn't have the direction I needed anyways. I was going to be a Union Stage hand and decided that wasn't the life for me. I'm glad I'm out of it now. I make a Living driving a School bus and delivery Van for food service. In a year I will start my training as either the head of Maintenance (Vocational School, Learning just about everything you would need to run a camp) or A director (Going to school for a Degree in Ministry management, basically a Business degree). I'm content. Honestly, I don't know if you guys can wrap your heads around that, but I am.

And to be honest, Haiti isn't part of my dreams either. But, that doesn't change the fact that I recognize the responsibility to help someone when they need it.



She does, and I'm pretty sure she will. I don't expect you to understand though. I'll meet you on the top, It may take me a bit longer but that just means I'll have more support from the people who I respected and didn't climb over to get there. I would LOVE to come and Work on a Derrick 100ft in the air. My original career aspiration was to be a Stage rigger. 60 or so feet in the air with just an I-beam and some rope. I'm not that great of a Welder though. Only Stick and TIG.
gotcha.
well you are down the almost identical to my bible thumping nephew.

Ahh what a story. the righteous came out of seminary and began dating preaching girl. after much wooing they were married at an expensive mountain top ceremony and the world was perfect. that is until he came home and found her in bed with another woman, she was a closet lesbian. she left him for the girl and the world was now a sad sad place. the story of desperation and wanting of love just declines from there.

you're new name is flanders.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #57
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
OH, so you were just talking out of your butt eh? that's what I thought. And the bible doesn't say anything about making fun of people. Either way, You're welcome to come to work with me. 60+ Students 4 times a day. I drive through Traffic and have to deal with High schoolers and Middle schoolers fighting, Kicking, Spiting, Swearing, Throwing, ETC...... Then off to the Elementary kids. That's a whole other ball game. It may not be as high risk as your job, but can be just as Exciting and rewarding. Did I mention that I'm strapped into a Seat Facing AWAY from them?
What about turning the other cheek? did you think that they literally meant that in the physical sense? Sounds like you have just as much control over your work environment as you do your life.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #58
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,959
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
gotcha.
well you are down the almost identical to my bible thumping nephew.

Ahh what a story. the righteous came out of seminary and began dating preaching girl. after much wooing they were married at an expensive mountain top ceremony and the world was perfect. that is until he came home and found her in bed with another woman, she was a closet lesbian. she left him for the girl and the world was now a sad sad place. the story of desperation and wanting of love just declines from there.

you're new name is flanders.
The only difference is life Is not perfect, And we both realize that. I'm not going to Seminary, My dad convinced me not too, he's a pastor , and she is VERY heterosexual. Also, our wedding didn't exceed $5000. Very simple, Very humble. We both understand that marriage is not dependent on emotions (although it plays an important part) but on a Commitment to each other. She also agrees with me that Homosexuality is sin, I think that would qualify her as not a lesbian.

Also, I'm not anywhere close to righteous and don't appreciate being labled so. Flanders on the other hand.....I'm ok with. Nothing new, Bible thumper, Church queer, fundy F*****, ETC.... I got over that in 5th grade.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #59
NYtrailrider
NYTrailrider
 
Join Date: 01-17-10
Location: Jamestown NY
Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I will be flamed for this but....

I agree to an extent with you guys but also would like to say that the reason the US helps out other countries is because we're being the "better country". So what if people don't help us when we have Disaster, It's our responsibility to help other people out and that SHOULDN'T rely on whether they help us out or not.

Our country is struggling with money, that is no doubt. I agree that the amount that is being sent is not worth it, but I don't agree with the idea that we should help our selves before we help some one else. That's just selfish. Plain and Simple.

Our country is known for being a country that will help out because that's one of the ideas that has been engrained in our minds and I'm glad it has. I just wish more people would act on it other then in Disaster situations. Even though we have all this debt, all this unemployment, a large majority of the Planet would Kill to live the way we do. Yet we complain about it.
Thats all well and good, but why send cash??????

Send supplies, thats what they need. What, are they gonna spend it at THEIR stores? THAY ARE ALL IN HOLES!!!!!!!!!
NYtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #60
martianjeep
too broke to wheel
 
martianjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: charlotte mi
Posts: 1,621
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtrailrider View Post
Thats all well and good, but why send cash??????

Send supplies, thats what they need. What, are they gonna spend it at THEIR stores? THAY ARE ALL IN HOLES!!!!!!!!!


this is a great point where are they going to spend the cash???????
makes no sense to send money.
martianjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.41401 seconds with 80 queries