Pontiac Siverdome - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 16th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #41
lastmanstandin
EvL 1
 
lastmanstandin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-27-09
Location: Coldwater Michigan
Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lastmanstandin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsnot View Post
I anticipate the desire to preserve a "rig" will be battling with the desire to win. Side to side contact will only be possible for a short portion of track after vehicles are oriented parallel. I'm thinkin' it wont be ready for junking anyway, it will be prepped for next race.

Semi good looking vehicles will be attractive to sponsors. It may be worth the new fenders and door skins. With this level of excitement, I anticipate excellent growth opportunity.
I will destroy my shit to win....Just so you know. It sounds like a blast to me..
lastmanstandin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 16th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #42
hogsnot
Newbie
 
Join Date: 01-13-10
Location: pontiac, mi
Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Alpha male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstandin View Post
I will destroy my shit to win....Just so you know. It sounds like a blast to me..
That, my friend is the true spirit of competition. Winning at all costs. "The thrill of victory" serving up a bucket full of "the agony of defeat" to some poor chump who thought he had a chance against you. The true purpose of the 4 x 4 as it was intended; To conquer.

I (sniff-sniff) smell sponsorship opportunities. I think we got 5 potential competitors now.
hogsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #43
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstandin View Post
I will destroy my shit to win....Just so you know. It sounds like a blast to me..
Hate to break the bad news but 1 jump with 36's and that front dana 30 and your xj will be done
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #44
hogsnot
Newbie
 
Join Date: 01-13-10
Location: pontiac, mi
Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I would think take off and landing would be variables that would have to be factored in. Perhaps a more accurate statement would be "there is a good chance".
I ran off the road in my camaro at 35 mph and clipped a telephone pole that was lying next to the road perpendicular to my path. Almost died from the slam, jerk and bounce. Drove home and learned to deal with the little bit of play it left in my front end. Musta hit it just right.
hogsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #45
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsnot View Post
I would think take off and landing would be variables that would have to be factored in. Perhaps a more accurate statement would be "there is a good chance".
I ran off the road in my camaro at 35 mph and clipped a telephone pole that was lying next to the road perpendicular to my path. Almost died from the slam, jerk and bounce. Drove home and learned to deal with the little bit of play it left in my front end. Musta hit it just right.
What does You hitting a pole in a camaro have to do with jumping a jeep with heavy tires on a dana 30? I guess You've never seen someone jump a jeep with stock axles .

Last edited by disorder xj; January 16th, 2010 at 09:31 PM.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:25 PM   #46
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
What does You hitting a pole in a camaro have to do with jumpimg a jeep with heavy tires on a dana 30? I guess You've never seen some jump a jeep with stock axles .
x2 did, sniff sniff in your last post must have been the real deal.
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #47
lastmanstandin
EvL 1
 
lastmanstandin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-27-09
Location: Coldwater Michigan
Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lastmanstandin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsnot View Post
That, my friend is the true spirit of competition. Winning at all costs. "The thrill of victory" serving up a bucket full of "the agony of defeat" to some poor chump who thought he had a chance against you. The true purpose of the 4 x 4 as it was intended; To conquer.

I (sniff-sniff) smell sponsorship opportunities. I think we got 5 potential competitors now.
Just let me know the date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
Hate to break the bad news but 1 jump with 36's and that front dana 30 and your xj will be done
I disagree. I had it airborn at bundy last weekend(not on purpose) I'm sure I was just lucky but it didn't break. Of course I wasn't going very fast but I did go kinda high, wel at least the front end did...
lastmanstandin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #48
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstandin View Post
Just let me know the date.


I disagree. I had it airborn at bundy last weekend(not on purpose) I'm sure I was just lucky but it didn't break. Of course I wasn't going very fast but I did go kinda high, wel at least the front end did...
good luck with that.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #49
NSmist
Senior Member
 
NSmist's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Pontiac, MI
Posts: 1,540
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NSmist
Default

So unless I missed it, is this going to be a indoor our outdoor event? lol. The last dirt tracks I saw in there were for dirtbikes.

What's wrong with dropping a few Suburau's and a few tuners in for some drift comps? There's plenty of parking lot there and would probably grab more attention in this area than Uncle Jimbo in his '83 Bronco yellin "hold my beer and watch this"...
NSmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #50
MedicJayCook
Street Doc
 
MedicJayCook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-21-07
Location: St Clair Shores, MI
Posts: 120
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

IMO its sounds like someone is on here yanking your chains, You want to pull all the permits in less then 30 days? Have you contacted local fire and ems yet as events like this require EMS at a minimal on stand by? you have not mentioned anything about rig safety inspections, IE if I weld 3 bars into my ZJ does that count as a roll cage? Am i required to wear a helmet and a nomex fire retardant suit? IF my front tire flies off when my dana 30 gernades itself and kills a bystandard am I going to get sued for everything i own? Do you already own or have a company to put up all the approperate netting and safety barricades? you seem to be dodging alot of people questions here. People want to hear a well though out well planned event. who in the hell is going to show up in less then 30 days to watch this?? with the entry fees do you plan on paying for all the advertising and promos for this? pretty much you want us to send you a entry fee for a event that sounds less planned out then what underware i plan on wearing tomorrow
MedicJayCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #51
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,309
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicJayCook View Post
IMO its sounds like someone is on here yanking your chains, You want to pull all the permits in less then 30 days? Have you contacted local fire and ems yet as events like this require EMS at a minimal on stand by? you have not mentioned anything about rig safety inspections, IE if I weld 3 bars into my ZJ does that count as a roll cage? Am i required to wear a helmet and a nomex fire retardant suit? IF my front tire flies off when my dana 30 gernades itself and kills a bystandard am I going to get sued for everything i own? Do you already own or have a company to put up all the approperate netting and safety barricades? you seem to be dodging alot of people questions here. People want to hear a well though out well planned event. who in the hell is going to show up in less then 30 days to watch this?? with the entry fees do you plan on paying for all the advertising and promos for this? pretty much you want us to send you a entry fee for a event that sounds less planned out then what underware i plan on wearing tomorrow
uh huh. Pretty much says it. So, we have 5 competitors who may or may not really show up & he's planning on filling the Silverdome in less than 30 days with no advertisement yet. That's a business plan that's sure to fill 60,000 plus seats.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #52
blazn4dr
Senior Member
 
blazn4dr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-07-09
Location: White Cloud MI
Posts: 948
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sounds like a scam to me. Get the entry fee from everyone and then disappear
blazn4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #53
lososjoyride00
vehicle abuse specialist
 
lososjoyride00's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-07-07
Location: Harrison, mich
Posts: 2,132
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

yeah, ill pay the entry fee, but i need some cash to put in my checking first.
lososjoyride00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #54
hogsnot
Newbie
 
Join Date: 01-13-10
Location: pontiac, mi
Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

didn't ask for anything but interest to participate.
Everything has to start somewhere. The monster truck jam began as Bigfoot just running over cars.
Anything big always takes risk. Anyone who thinks this is bad, by all means do not participate. Permits, zoning, EMS, advertising, dirt, barricades, concessions, insurance we thought about those for a minute or two.

without participants, there is no event. The earth is not flat!
hogsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #55
NSmist
Senior Member
 
NSmist's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Pontiac, MI
Posts: 1,540
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NSmist
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsnot View Post
Anything big always takes risk. Anyone who thinks this is bad, by all means do not participate. Permits, zoning, EMS, advertising, dirt, barricades, concessions, insurance we thought about those for a minute or two.
Are you not hoping for a returning crowd or participants? Fan's not even that close to the event can have medical emergencies. Does the new owner of the Silverdome even have half of the required things listed above anymore since they signed over the place? I would imagine zoning is fine for the dome, but you still haven't listed this as an indoor or outdoor event. You're gonna have to fight with Auburn Hills PD / Pontiac PD / OCS / State 5.0 if you've got a bunch of random 4x4's running around the parking lot just waiting to go flying through a chain link fence.
NSmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #56
chevotass
Senior Member
 
chevotass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-06
Location: goodrich
Posts: 6,472
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to chevotass
Default

im going to run a camaro now. with some drag radials on the back, some skinny minnies up front, big rebel flag on my t-tops, cowl inductioned hood and a big bottle of nos
chevotass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #57
hogsnot
Newbie
 
Join Date: 01-13-10
Location: pontiac, mi
Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Indoor event. Been in the Dome twice with the Owner this past week and he is way ahead of the game. He has very deep pockets and very big aspirations. Already owns half of Toronto and has holdings here.
We don't expect to fill the Dome and don't have to come close. Although the second time we do the event we believe attendance will be much higher. Radio and television and reopening of the dome is all pretty exciting stuff. We have an exciting event.
I hope to find support for our event here as our intentions our not to just create an entertainment event but also an opportunity for those interested in competing a chance to do so and achieve some notariety and even financial gain.
hogsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #58
hogsnot
Newbie
 
Join Date: 01-13-10
Location: pontiac, mi
Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default crowd favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotass View Post
im going to run a camaro now. with some drag radials on the back, some skinny minnies up front, big rebel flag on my t-tops, cowl inductioned hood and a big bottle of nos
you know what a crowd likes.
hogsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #59
Bones
skillicous
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI
Posts: 11,456
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bones
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsnot View Post
I knew there would be some interest. Keep'em coming. We got 4 potential competitors in like 2 days. This will be more exciting than any Monster truck thingamajig because it's all real competition with a cash prize on the line.

Monster truck meets Tuff truck meets short track racing.
If you are encouraging contact between drivers, I'm out for sure.
__________________
Inviscid Motorsports

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #60
Grassman
RFK
 
Grassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-10-08
Location: Belmont, Mi
Posts: 18,698
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

can i run a f350 against a cherokee??

serious. big block on boggers vs uni-body and mall terrains.

before you ask for participation, tell us more specifically what your looking for. i am somewhat interested, but there is way too much grey area here.
Grassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
Tags
event, prize money, purse, race, show, will work for jeep parts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.39301 seconds with 80 queries