CNN talking head on healthcare negotiations - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #1
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default CNN talking head on healthcare negotiations



Does this mean CNN is no longer a legitimate news organization?
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Silver Bullet
Livin the American Dream
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: Westland, MI
Posts: 3,762
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I love it.....brutally honest.
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #3
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
hoping the voters remember some of this crap when the mid term elections roll around later this year
not pulling any punches
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Silver Bullet
Livin the American Dream
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: Westland, MI
Posts: 3,762
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Jack just became my new BFF. Ill have to follow him on twitter. JJ I dont tweet.
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #5
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
Jack just became my new BFF.
??BFF??
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #6
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,696
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default

He ripped on Pelosi today.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #7
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #8
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,787
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

I don't think this is the first time that Jack Cafferty has ripped on a (D) politician.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Silver Bullet
Livin the American Dream
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: Westland, MI
Posts: 3,762
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Since they are nominating Dumars and Ilitch for governor I say screw it lets nominate Cafferty. I like him he says it like it is.
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #10
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,787
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
Since they are nominating Dumars and Ilitch for governor I say screw it lets nominate Cafferty. I like him he says it like it is.
He's calling out Obama for not following through with his campaign promises and buckling under [minority]Republican pressure...

I doubt Jack Cafferty would ever run as a Republican.

Here's some background:

Cafferty on Katrina:


Cafferty on Sarah Palin:


Cafferty: Republican Party on the Brink of Irrelevance


Cafferty on privatizing social security:


Last edited by mikesova; January 14th, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #11
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
buckling under [minority]Republican pressure...

I doubt Jack Cafferty would ever run as a Republican.

The only mention of republiicans was that they have been locked out of the process. To allow the dirty dealing to take place.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #12
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
The only mention of republiicans was that they have been locked out of the process. To allow the dirty dealing to take place.
How quickly they forget that Bush's band of thieves did the same thing to the Dems under his reign.

Besides, they've been asked to take part all along and so far all they have said is "NO" to EVERYTHING. They have made it clear that they want every bit of this to fail, and one of them (I'll have to find the clip and post) even said that the Republican's MUST defeat this so it can be Obama's Waterloo.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #13
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
How quickly they forget that Bush's band of thieves did the same thing to the Dems under his reign. blah, blah, blah, it's bushes fault.

Besides, they've been asked to take part all along and so far all they have said is "NO" to EVERYTHING. blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,They have made it clear that they want every bit of this to fail, and one of them (I'll have to find the clip and post) even said that the Republican's MUST defeat this so it can be Obama's Waterloo.blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,
You don't get out much.
The dems have done this healthcare wrangling on their own (with the help of pharma and SEIU) in secret including everyone except the republlicans.
Don't bother digging up the six month old clip, this is going on now.

Opie even refuses to put it on C-span like he promised, the topic of this thread!!
You still don't get it, they have something to hide

But help could be here from Massachusetts.

Ole Ted finally did some good, he died in the nick of time.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.

Last edited by XXXJ; January 14th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #14
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
You don't get out much.
The dems have done this healthcare wrangling on their own (with the help of pharma and SEIU) in secret including everyone except the republlicans.
Don't bother digging up the six month old clip, this is going on now.

Opie even refuses to put it on C-span like he promised, the topic of this thread!!
You still don't get it, they have something to hide

But help could be here from Massachusetts.

Ole Ted finally did some good, he died in the nick of time.
Hell yeah they have something to hide. Remember, as I keep saying, I campaigned for Obama and am now convinced he lied. But to what end? Well, one of them is a sweetheart deal for the health insurance companies and big pharma. You know, the free-market industries you conservatives so strongly support?

Tha's BS that this was all done without the . They have been involved from the beginning, but because hte only thing they've done is say they will block anything we try to do, they are now ass out.

That doesn't change the premise that this is a handout for health insurance companies (why do we need a private, for profit middleman making our healthcare decisions, then giving their CEO's $200MM bonuses???) and big pharma. Rmemeber, it was YOUR that blocked any measures to reduce the cost or allow the reimportation of pharmaceuticals into America.

Oh, and WTF is that thing in your avatar?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #15
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post

Tha's BS that this was all done without the . They have been involved from the beginning, but because hte only thing they've done is say they will block anything we try to do, they are now ass out.

Oh, and WTF is that thing in your avatar?
The repubblicans were blocking the BS in the bill that ludicrous and scandalous. They were/are calling out the pork, waste, fraud and abuse.
Votes bought and paid for, come on, when is it enough for you to see?

The avatar is a sheepshead, a fish.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #16
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,696
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Hell yeah they have something to hide. Remember, as I keep saying, I campaigned for Obama and am now convinced he lied. But to what end? Well, one of them is a sweetheart deal for the health insurance companies and big pharma. You know, the free-market industries you conservatives so strongly support?

Tha's BS that this was all done without the . They have been involved from the beginning, but because hte only thing they've done is say they will block anything we try to do, they are now ass out.

That doesn't change the premise that this is a handout for health insurance companies (why do we need a private, for profit middleman making our healthcare decisions, then giving their CEO's $200MM bonuses???) and big pharma. Rmemeber, it was YOUR that blocked any measures to reduce the cost or allow the reimportation of pharmaceuticals into America.

Oh, and WTF is that thing in your avatar?
Because you're not worth the effort (once again) I have to resort to name calling.
You're a moron.

Thanks.
Love, Stan
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #17
Slade
Slade
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-09
Location: Detroit/MI
Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default You are wrong, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
You don't get out much.
The dems have done this healthcare wrangling on their own (with the help of pharma and SEIU) in secret including everyone except the republlicans.
Don't bother digging up the six month old clip, this is going on now.

Opie even refuses to put it on C-span like he promised, the topic of this thread!!
You still don't get it, they have something to hide

But help could be here from Massachusetts.

Ole Ted finally did some good, he died in the nick of time.
If we are to debate, let us do it with "facts" not talking points from right wing propaganda. I am no big fan of this bill (I am a single payor guy)
Nothing was "in secret" and the Republicans did have quite a say in the ammendments they proffered.
From www.slate.com:

That said, some context: Of the 788 amendments filed, 67 came from Democrats and 721 from Republicans. (That disparity drew jeers that Republicans were trying to slow things down. Another explanation may be that they offered so many so they could later claim—as they are now, in fact, claiming—that most of their suggestions went unheeded.) Only 197 amendments were passed in the end—36 from Democrats and 161 from Republicans. And of those 161 GOP amendments, Senate Republicans classify 29 as substantive and 132 as technical.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #18
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
If we are to debate, let us do it with "facts" not talking points from right wing propaganda. I am no big fan of this bill (I am a single payor guy)
Nothing was "in secret" and the Republicans did have quite a say in the ammendments they proffered.
From www.slate.com:

That said, some context: Of the 788 amendments filed, 67 came from Democrats and 721 from Republicans. (That disparity drew jeers that Republicans were trying to slow things down. Another explanation may be that they offered so many so they could later claim—as they are now, in fact, claiming—that most of their suggestions went unheeded.) Only 197 amendments were passed in the end—36 from Democrats and 161 from Republicans. And of those 161 GOP amendments, Senate Republicans classify 29 as substantive and 132 as technical.
You link is generic to the site, do better work presenting your minutia.

I guess multiple news orgs are lying. Maybe they should check with you.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #19
Slade
Slade
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-09
Location: Detroit/MI
Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
You link is generic to the site, do better work presenting your minutia.

I guess multiple news orgs are lying. Maybe they should check with you.
If I were to present you with MANY multiple RELIABLE sites that said the same thing would you believe it ? Just asking before I go to the trouble oh and here ya go...

http://www.slate.com/id/2223023/
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #20
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,627
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
If I were to present you with MANY multiple RELIABLE sites that said the same thing would you believe it ? Just asking before I go to the trouble oh and here ya go...

http://www.slate.com/id/2223023/
Posted Thursday, July 16, 2009,

This have moved way beyond that, that was six months ago.

__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.39058 seconds with 81 queries