Whacko Pat Robertson explains why the earthquake hit haiti yesterday - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #81
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,092
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotox View Post
On that note how do we know David Koresh (Waco, Texas) wasn't really the second coming of Jesus?
Well Jesus would have made a bigger entrance and he would have taken the believers with Him.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #82
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
There are many sources who say, believe and wrote the Jesus was God but you still don't believe. . . I'm trying to see how that differs from what you just wrong about G Wash.
They can dig up ol george .

Lets see you dig up jesus.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #83
gmotox
Senior Member
 
gmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-08-08
Location: Waterford/Michigan 48327
Posts: 2,552
iTrader: (98)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Well Jesus would have made a bigger entrance and he would have taken the believers with Him.
He did take the believers with him!
gmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #84
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
They can dig up ol george .

Lets see you dig up jesus.
Thank you for making that point for me! I can't and couldn't be more trilled!!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #85
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,092
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Yes, I believe that George Washington was the President. We have an overwhelming amount of evidence to support this idea and compared to the story you are spinning, it's not that hard to believe. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The idea that a person that we have multiple records of, who fought in the revolutionary war and became president isn't a very extraordinary claim. Now, the idea that a supernatural being made a deal with a nation of people is extraordinary because we have no proof of the supernatural being ever existing except in extremely old tales of mythology. It would be just as easy to say in 1000 years, if NY is reduced to rubble, someone comes across a Spiderman comic book and claims that Spiderman is real because he is mentioned in the book. Or claim that Zeus is real based on Greek mythology. Evidence, show me evidence.
Ya but still it happened soo long ago that maybe they got thier stories mixed up.
Yes there is alot of evdence to say he was the president, but we need more proof.
How do we what was written was true? We don't.
We have faith that what was written was truth and just because the bible was written 2000 years ago does not change the facts because you refuse to believe.
There are historians that have written about Christ and who He was. Historians that were alive when Christ was alive. Historians that did not believe but still wrote what happened because of what eye witnesses saw.
There is also overwhelming amounts of evidence to prove the existence of Christ, but you refuse or can't see or hear the truth.

Not as today, and that is another debate based on evolution only in schools and text books but not allowing the theroy of creationism. Darwins lie being forced onto the youth of this country.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #86
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Thank you for making that point for me! I can't and couldn't be more trilled!!
So what does this have to to do with proving god is real and haiti made a deal with the devil.

All it showed Me is You can't prove god, jesus or the devil's deal with haiti are real.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #87
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I find it interesting that Even Though Patty says they made a pact with the Devil that he still wants for them to be helped and, in turn, "come to know God". However, The theology behind his reasoning is off. God Does not punish People because they turn away from him, they simply see the affects of that sin in thier lives. In This case, It was simply a Natural Disaster. I agree with the thought process of this being a way for people to turn to God, but I disagree with the idea that God punished them in order to get them back to him.



I would guess because she is one of his employees and probably believes everything he says.
Explain the great flood please.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #88
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
There are many sources who say, believe and wrote the Jesus was God but you still don't believe. . . I'm trying to see how that differs from what you just wrong about G Wash.
I thought you believe because you have felt jesus all up in you, not because of some dusty ol' writers?

Besides, based on the writings, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that historical jesus probably existed. That is not to say anything of him being a god or performing miracles. I have no evidence of that. Just like I believe that Joseph Smith existed, but I don't believe any of the flim flam supernatural stuff that he wrote about.

Now if somebody was to claim that George Washington walked on water, then we'd have an issue.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #89
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
So what does this have to to do with proving god is real and haiti made a deal with the devil.

All it showed Me is You can't prove god, jesus or the devil's deal with haiti are real.
But, he and Aber read some stuff on the internet about it and they are convinced.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #90
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,092
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I thought you believe because you have felt jesus all up in you, not because of some dusty ol' writers?

Besides, based on the writings, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that historical jesus probably existed. That is not to say anything of him being a god or performing miracles. I have no evidence of that. Just like I believe that Joseph Smith existed, but I don't believe any of the flim flam supernatural stuff that he wrote about.

Now if somebody was to claim that George Washington walked on water, then we'd have an issue.
You only believe what you want to believe any nothing short of a miricle is going to change your mind.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #91
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You only believe what you want to believe any nothing short of a miricle is going to change your mind.
OK, I get it that you believe the bible, whatever.. but why do you believe this devil pact story so much? What makes this story so believable to you? Why believe this, but not Joseph Smith's stuff from the 1800's ?


Here's something a little more plausible:

http://www.salon.com/life/feature/20...act/index.html

From the little reading I've done on the subject it sounds more likely that after the Haitians successfully pulled off the only black slave rebellion of the time that the white culture who were keeping them down were embarrassed and made up the story about them making a deal with the devil. It was a way they could justify the events happening. How could they fight the power of the devil...
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #92
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
Explain the great flood please.
There are examples of when people were so definent to God that he wiped them out. This, as far as I can Speculate, is why the flood happened.

Genesis 6:11-13

Quote:
Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.
I guess we should be happy to be Decedents of Noah.

Also, Sodom and Gomorroh.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #93
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I don't understand why Christianity get some people so bent out of shape. Why cant you people let believers believe? Who gives a flying shit what pat robertson says? He's not an elected official, he's allowed his opinion, its not his fault the media eats everything he says up.

To the angry atheists, face it - you don't know how old the earth is, you don't know how big space is, and you don't know if god exists.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #94
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
I don't understand why Christianity get some people so bent out of shape. Why cant you people let believers believe? Who gives a flying shit what pat robertson says? He's not an elected official, he's allowed his opinion, its not his fault the media eats everything he says up.

To the angry atheists, face it - you don't know how old the earth is, you don't know how big space is, and you don't know if god exists.
It's a religious debate forum, who's getting bent out of shape?

You're so right, I don't know how big space is...
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #95
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,504
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

i believe in global warming and it's to Blame, Not God or The Evil do'rs
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #96
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
I don't understand why Christianity get some people so bent out of shape. Why cant you people let believers believe? Who gives a flying shit what pat robertson says? He's not an elected official, he's allowed his opinion, its not his fault the media eats everything he says up.

To the angry atheists, face it - you don't know how old the earth is, you don't know how big space is, and you don't know if god exists.
About the same time as Christian people let other groups believe what they want .

So that will be never.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #97
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
About the same time as Christian people let other groups believe what they want .

So that will be never.
Yes it will. When the end of time and God takes his people to Heaven. Until then I guess you're correct.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #98
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,142
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
What a jackass.
A talk radio station DJ here in Alabama today was saying Pat said that so that people wouldn't donate to the relief efforts.

If that has any truth, he graduates to a douchebag doesn't he???
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #99
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Spouse View Post
A talk radio station DJ here in Alabama today was saying Pat said that so that people wouldn't donate to the relief efforts.

If that has any truth, he graduates to a douchebag doesn't he???
uh huh.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #100
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Spouse View Post
A talk radio station DJ here in Alabama today was saying Pat said that so that people wouldn't donate to the relief efforts.

If that has any truth, he graduates to a douchebag doesn't he???
Actually, it was the complete opposite. He was saying that so that people WOULD donate things to his Relief Organization. Either way, I think Saying something so Insensitive and Down right hateful could qualify him as such.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
god hates fags

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.39541 seconds with 80 queries