Whacko Pat Robertson explains why the earthquake hit haiti yesterday - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #41
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Because they were swept away by the great flood that made the GC of course. Sheesh. Don't you read the bible?
How did the bible incorporate the grand canyon while the writers were not ever in north america?

Where is the talk about the indians in the bible?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #42
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
How did the bible incorporate the grand canyon while the writers were not ever in north america?

Where is the talk about the indians in the bible?
Well I personally don't have any idea, but L4CX is an expert on the subject, and according to him, there was a great big bubble in the sky that burst and rained down water to flood the world. Since the GC is part of "the world" I figured it must have been flooded too. I mean, after all, if there was only enough water to cover the desert, most of it would have flowed out to other areas and the flood wouldn't have been a flood for very long... Which makes me think: if the whole world was flooded, where did all that water go in only 40 days?

Maybe L4 can shed some light on this. L4, let there be light (I've heard that somewhere before)!

Oh, and the Indians? They are probably just more of those mysterious other tribespeople that Adam and Eves kids met and had more kids with so they wouldn't be gulity of incest.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #43
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,384
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
How did the bible incorporate the grand canyon while the writers were not ever in north America?

Where is the talk about the Indians in the bible?
Don't forget that Columbus was sailing east to find India? it may not be the same as our Indians here, so much as a reference to there?


on another note, if the bones of dinosaurs had washed down from the Grand Canyon would they not be dumped into the delta of the Colorado river? I would think if this did happen we should have evidence of it by now?
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #44
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

CC, for better answers to your questions, refer to this forum: Rapture Ready.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #45
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
CC, for better answers to your questions, refer to this forum: Rapture Ready.
I went to register, but rule #22 made it so I couldn't

[22] Do Not Judge In An Unrighteous Manner - Determining that someone is less of, or not truly a Christian because of a perceived lack of spiritual gifts, worship style, observance or non-observance of holidays, divorced or remarried, political affiliation, not voting for a specific candidate, dressing a certain way, believing in free will, experiencing various trials, or because someone who confesses they are saved by grace through faith in Christ, is not judging righteously. All members are encouraged to examine and judge doctrine in light of Biblical truth, but their eternal salvation is judged only by Jesus Christ. (John 7:24; Matthew 7:1-2; John 5:25-29, I Corinthians 4:5)
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #46
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Understood. But can I at least assume by that that you do understand the whole god gave birth to himself etc. thing, and just choose not to explain it to anyone?
Yes, I understand what the bible says about immaculate conception, how Jesus was born as the Son of God then sacrificed for our sins and that many Christians believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one in the same.

No, I will not defend myself, my beliefs or my relationship with Christ to you.
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #47
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I went to register, but rule #22 made it so I couldn't

[22] Do Not Judge In An Unrighteous Manner - Determining that someone is less of, or not truly a Christian because of a perceived lack of spiritual gifts, worship style, observance or non-observance of holidays, divorced or remarried, political affiliation, not voting for a specific candidate, dressing a certain way, believing in free will, experiencing various trials, or because someone who confesses they are saved by grace through faith in Christ, is not judging righteously. All members are encouraged to examine and judge doctrine in light of Biblical truth, but their eternal salvation is judged only by Jesus Christ. (John 7:24; Matthew 7:1-2; John 5:25-29, I Corinthians 4:5)
that's funny, because from reading the forums, I've found most of the members of that site seem to judge anyone who isn't a nutjob like them, pretty harshly.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #48
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
grumpy old woman
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 16,636
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
But didn't you religious folk explain in some other threads that Jesus IS god, because I remeber being confused that god gave birth to himself so he could sacrifice himself to save us from himself... Someone please help...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
When cheese wiz is left in the tip of the can it because a rock hard cheese plug. So if you are too tall you should duck when you walk down the stairs. If you don't you can get a parking ticket.
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #49
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
No, I will not defend myself, my beliefs or my relationship with Christ to you.
I wasn't asking you to "defend". I was asking if you would explain, as I didn't understand the whole "one in the same" concept. Thanks anyway. Sorry to have inconvenienced you.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #50
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Silly question, but why did god design plate tectonics as opposed to making a smooth earth that doesn't shift?
For the same reason Scientists say we need it, The planet wouldn't work with out them.

Quote:
Why has god punished the people of haiti for years and years?

Why did god make it so they don't have electricity so they had to cut down all of their forests?

Why did god let all the fertile soil blow away into the ocean?

Why did god let 31 people die in a single church in the port after his failed design of moving plates yesterday?

Why has god let thousands of women be constantly raped on Haiti?

Why has god ......
Why do you Blame everything on God yet don't think he exsits?

Why do you think it's not ok to use the Term "because God said so" but use it to try and blame him for mans mistakes?

Why is God, from the perspective of your post, to blame for all of those disasters, but not to get credit when he deserves it?

Quote:
And no, the answer "to test peoples faith" is not good enough.
You see, to those that believe in God, The answer "to test peoples faith" is good enough. If you don't believe in God, then you can't blame him for Natural Disasters or Choices countries and people make.

You can't think you have complete control of your life and then blame God when things go bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
But didn't you religious folk explain in some other threads that Jesus IS god, because I remeber being confused that god gave birth to himself so he could sacrifice himself to save us from himself... Someone please help...
No, Jesus was already there at the creation of the universe. According to the First Chapter of Genesis. As well as the Holy Ghost. And he's not saving us from himself, He's (God the Father) allowing us to be in his Presence by sacrificing Himself (Jesus) to take away our sins so that he (God the father) can be with us. "Sin", by Definition, is "a Lack of God (The Father)". There for, God (the Father) who is perfect cannot be in the presence of sin because that would be impossible Logically Speaking. You can't be some where that, by Definition, isn't you.

However, God (Jesus, the son) can be in the presence of our sin and did so and died with it clothed on him so that we could allow him to take our sin, Erase it, and then be in the presences of God (the Father). Before Jesus in order to be made right with God people had to Kill animals of certain types for different offences. It's all spelled out in Leviticus and the other Jewish Law book in the bible.

God (Jesus) became that sacrficial offering on our behalf so that God (the Father) could be in our presence and have a relationship with us. The reason Christianity says you can't go to heaven if you don't except Christ is because you still have that sin and there for cannot be in the presence of God (The Father). So, it's not a matter of God (the Father) saying no, it's a matter of God (the Father) Saying "I can't be with you intill you get rid of that sin" And it's not because he doesn't want you to be with us, it's because he can't. That's why you, I, and everybody else needs Christ...er...God (Jesus, the son).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
How did the bible incorporate the grand canyon while the writers were not ever in north america?

Where is the talk about the indians in the bible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Well I personally don't have any idea, but L4CX is an expert on the subject, and according to him, there was a great big bubble in the sky that burst and rained down water to flood the world. Since the GC is part of "the world" I figured it must have been flooded too. I mean, after all, if there was only enough water to cover the desert, most of it would have flowed out to other areas and the flood wouldn't have been a flood for very long... Which makes me think: if the whole world was flooded, where did all that water go in only 40 days?

Maybe L4 can shed some light on this. L4, let there be light (I've heard that somewhere before)!

Oh, and the Indians? They are probably just more of those mysterious other tribespeople that Adam and Eves kids met and had more kids with so they wouldn't be gulity of incest.
One thing you have to realize is that the bible was written by people only on one side of the world. Do you really think they would have written something about a Race they never knew about or even thought existed? As to their origins, I'm speculating that they got spread around after the tower of babel. That's about all I can do because I have no Time machine (Yet...).


I'll be signing my Book that you just read at Barnes and Nobles in EL on Sunday. Hope to see you there. Seriously though, Don't you people have jobs?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #51
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Why do you Blame everything on God yet don't think he exsits?
Hey, you 109% avoided the question. You say God is responsible for everything, so why does he strike pain and death upon so many innocent people?




Ok, so some child survives a car accident and we thank god, it's a miracle.

Why don't we blame god when 200,000 innocent people who were already in rough shape get killed?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #52
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,948
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Hey, you 109% avoided the question. You say God is responsible for everything, so why does he strike pain and death upon so many innocent people?
I never said God was Responsible for everything. If you think I have, Show me. Most of those questions you asked about were Choices people made or just life happening. God does not sit up in heaven with his Thumb pressed down on those that refuse to follow him. Contrary to Popular Belief.

You can't ask questions like that if you don't believe in him. It's a Red Herring that many people that have no understanding of God try and use to disprove him. Give it a month or two and I'll show were God was and how he helped all those people. He's not responsible for natural Disasters, The planet works the way it works. However, He will be there for people that turn to him and even if they don't, His Followers will help those in need. Guaranteed.


But seriously, Do you guys have jobs? .....Gotta Go back to work.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #53
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #54
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Hey, you 109% avoided the question.
To understand what he just did, see the 2nd section of my post here:
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - History Lesson
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #55
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I never said God was Responsible for everything. If you think I have, Show me. Most of those questions you asked about were Choices people made or just life happening. God does not sit up in heaven with his Thumb pressed down on those that refuse to follow him. Contrary to Popular Belief.

You can't ask questions like that if you don't believe in him. It's a Red Herring that many people that have no understanding of God try and use to disprove him. Give it a month or two and I'll show were God was and how he helped all those people. He's not responsible for natural Disasters, The planet works the way it works. However, He will be there for people that turn to him and even if they don't, His Followers will help those in need. Guaranteed.


But seriously, Do you guys have jobs? .....Gotta Go back to work.
So according to you, God created the earth, and oversees everything.

So why do you pick and choose what God is responsible for? Like I said above, if a child survives a horrible car accident, why do you thank god, or say its a miracle, but when 200,000 die, it's a natural disaster?

It's either all of gods work, or its none of his work, we can't pick and choose what he did.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #56
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post

It's either all of gods work, or its none of his work, we can't pick and choose what he did.
actually, you can. Deluded people do it everyday.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #57
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I never said God was Responsible for everything. If you think I have, Show me. Most of those questions you asked about were Choices people made or just life happening. God does not sit up in heaven with his Thumb pressed down on those that refuse to follow him. Contrary to Popular Belief.

You can't ask questions like that if you don't believe in him. It's a Red Herring that many people that have no understanding of God try and use to disprove him. Give it a month or two and I'll show were God was and how he helped all those people. He's not responsible for natural Disasters, The planet works the way it works. However, He will be there for people that turn to him and even if they don't, His Followers will help those in need. Guaranteed.


But seriously, Do you guys have jobs? .....Gotta Go back to work.


I hate to say this, but that was a shit pot full of dribble.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #58
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Listen to the sermon this sunday the answer might be there.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #59
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
So according to you, God created the earth, and oversees everything.

So why do you pick and choose what God is responsible for? Like I said above, if a child survives a horrible car accident, why do you thank god, or say its a miracle, but when 200,000 die, it's a natural disaster?

It's either all of gods work, or its none of his work, we can't pick and choose what he did.True
It's kinda like when somebody says God is all good, and God created everything, Conflicting statement because if God created everything than God created evil and how could God be all good if he created Evil????????
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #60
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Listen to the sermon this sunday the answer might be there.
haha, yeah right. Actually I haven't been in a few weeks, she's needed to sleep in the last couple weeks. wink wink. :)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
god hates fags

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.47766 seconds with 81 queries