obama's achievements - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #1
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default obama's achievements

"hate crimes, tobacco advertisements toward children, pay disparities for women, abuses by credit card companies"

what a fukcing retard

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/...where_analysis
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

nice
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #3
86scottsdalek10
Senior Member
 
86scottsdalek10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-03-08
Location: fenton, mi
Posts: 2,445
iTrader: (32)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Ya I'm with you on this....s
there is so much more I could say but will only complicate this thread and enrage people...nobama has always been my stance
86scottsdalek10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,385
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

no change and no chance of it.
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #5
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
"hate crimes, tobacco advertisements toward children, pay disparities for women, abuses by credit card companies"

what a fukcing retard

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/...where_analysis
Admit it. You guys would have criticized him even if only 10 jobs were lost compared to the 700,000 per month.

And where was your ciriticism for Bush over the shoe bomber?

Short memories I guess.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,385
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Nobody says they loved Bush, they don't have to. this guy has taken the whole level of Government to a new low. we'll see how he does with the Haiti deal?
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #7
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Admit it. You guys would have criticized him even if only 10 jobs were lost compared to the 700,000 per month.

And where was your ciriticism for Bush over the shoe bomber?

Short memories I guess.
I would have criticized him because he isn't saying or proving that even 10 jobs were gained this month. I do understand that one man can't change the entire economy, no matter how much he says he will on his own.
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #8
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenn View Post
I would have criticized him because he isn't saying or proving that even 10 jobs were gained this month. I do understand that one man can't change the entire economy, no matter how much he says he will on his own.
Okay, so I toss you a bowling ball. When you catch it, the weight of it causes your arms to drop substantially before you can recover and raise it back up. Would it be reasonable to accuse you of failing because you didn't stop the ball dead and immediately raise it?

Come on you guys, you're being ridiculous. Besides, none of you criticized Bush for anything.

I campaigned for Obama and now feel he lied. I don't think he intends to fulfill any of his promises, but give criticism where it actually makes sense; don't just point at anything you can no matter how ridiculous. That would make you sound like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, or Glenn Beck.

I understand you believe in a particular system, but that doesn't mean that anyone that represents themselves as agreeing with you is above criticism. You guys race to defend things Bush did, then criticize Obama the moment the same thing happens.

The difference between progressives and neocons is that we are willing to criticize our own party, which is why we are subject to ridicule for not being able to agree on anything.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #9
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
nice
How is it nice?

Our country is going in the in shitter and We have a dumbass running it.


Sweet
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #10
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post

I campaigned for Obama
You should come by so I can kick you in the nuts. Obama sucks

Last edited by disorder xj; January 16th, 2010 at 01:08 AM.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #11
greygoose
I'm the dude
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 6,081
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Okay, so I toss you a bowling ball. When you catch it, the weight of it causes your arms to drop substantially before you can recover and raise it back up. Would it be reasonable to accuse you of failing because you didn't stop the ball dead and immediately raise it?

Come on you guys, you're being ridiculous. Besides, none of you criticized Bush for anything.

I campaigned for Obama and now feel he lied. I don't think he intends to fulfill any of his promises, but give criticism where it actually makes sense; don't just point at anything you can no matter how ridiculous. That would make you sound like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, or Glenn Beck.

I understand you believe in a particular system, but that doesn't mean that anyone that represents themselves as agreeing with you is above criticism. You guys race to defend things Bush did, then criticize Obama the moment the same thing happens.

The difference between progressives and neocons is that we are willing to criticize our own party, which is why we are subject to ridicule for not being able to agree on anything.
He did lie, and we are criticizing where it is due.

Thanks for noticing.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #12
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
You should come buy so I can kick you in the nuts. Obama sucks
I agree Obama sucks. I just finished calling him a liar. But I guess you didn't catch that. Hell, I posted a whole thread a while back about him being a liar, but I guess you missed that too.

You want to kick me in the nuts? I'm sure steveo will be glad to post my address again just for you.

Come over and do it, or leave that kind of shit out of the dialogue.

Last edited by AGoodBuzz; January 14th, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #13
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I agree Obama sucks. I just finished calling him a liar. But I guess you didn't catch that. Hell, I posted a whole thread a while back about him being a liar, but I guess you missed that too.

You want to kick me in the nuts? I'm sure steveo will be glad to post my address again just for you.

Come over and do it, or leave that kind of shit out of the dialogue.
I want you to come here to get kicked . Your not worth the trip up north.

That and You have to realize Bush is gone so bring him up every 2 mins doesn't help You. Now We have to worry about the Guy you campaigned for.


thanks

Last edited by disorder xj; January 14th, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #14
RangerXtreme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-18-09
Location: U.P. of MI
Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Here's how it is: Obama is president, Bush is not.

Please stop bringing Bush up in every thread about Obama. Yes, Bush did screw up on things, then Obama came a long and brought false sayings that he was going to fix the economy (none of which I believed, and I didn't get to vote since I'm only 17).

So, here's why "neocons" criticize Obama: He came a long basically saying he was the messiah. Said he could fix the economy and "save or create" millions of jobs. He was going to fix healthcare. He was going to reduce government spending. He was going to reduce the size of governemnt. He was going to reduce middle america's taxes. HE HASN'T DONE ONE GODDAMN THING.

So you ask why are we so harsh when Bush also made faults? Conservatives are harsh because Obama lied to get his spot as president. He is the current president. Wether he likes it or not, he is in charge of the mess and he needs to start actually doing something THAT WILL HELP and stop saying "Well, it's not my fault" or "I inherited this mess." He is the leader of our country, it's time he acts like it.
RangerXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #15
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
I want you to come here to get kicked . Your not worth the trip up north. I'm not looking for a fight, and I'm not running from any. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we can't do it over beers. Anyway, you say "north"? There ain't much south left below Canton.... Where do you live?

That and You have to realize Bush is gone so bring him up every 2 mins doesn't help You. Now We have to worry about the Guy you campaigned .




thanks
I realize just fine, but you're avoiding the statement I made: I'm not "bringing up Bush. I'm pointing out that you guys defend Bush for the exact same thing you criticize Obama for. That is a fact. You also never criticized Bush for all of the things he did to steal away our constitutional rights AND GOT AWAY WITH. If you don't know what those things were then let me know and I'll provide all kinds of info.

Cheers
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #16
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I realize just fine, but you're avoiding the statement I made: I'm not "bringing up Bush. I'm pointing out that you guys defend Bush for the exact same thing you criticize Obama for. That is a fact. You also never criticized Bush for all of the things he did to steal away our constitutional rights AND GOT AWAY WITH. If you don't know what those things were then let me know and I'll provide all kinds of info.

Cheers
I hate to break the bad news.

I hated bush to just not as much as I hate obama.

So You saying I defended bush doesn't work.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #17
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerXtreme View Post
Here's how it is: Obama is president, Bush is not.

Please stop bringing Bush up in every thread about Obama. Yes, Bush did screw up on things, then Obama came a long and brought false sayings that he was going to fix the economy (none of which I believed, and I didn't get to vote since I'm only 17).

So, here's why "neocons" criticize Obama: He came a long basically saying he was the messiah. Said he could fix the economy and "save or create" millions of jobs. He was going to fix healthcare. He was going to reduce government spending. He was going to reduce the size of governemnt. He was going to reduce middle america's taxes. HE HASN'T DONE ONE GODDAMN THING.

So you ask why are we so harsh when Bush also made faults? Conservatives are harsh because Obama lied to get his spot as president. He is the current president. Wether he likes it or not, he is in charge of the mess and he needs to start actually doing something THAT WILL HELP and stop saying "Well, it's not my fault" or "I inherited this mess." He is the leader of our country, it's time he acts like it.

The same way you guys say Bush inherited the economic crash and Osama bin Laden from Clinton? I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, and your avoidance of the subject suggests it's something of which you are either unaware (so find hard to believe), or know full well and therefore will avoid at all costs.

The neocons were NOT opposed to Obama because they thought he was lying, they were opposed to him because they BELIEVED he would do what he was promising, so they called him a socialist, so don't act like you guys predicted this.

I criticized Clinton, Bush, and now Obama equally. I am an equal opportunity critic. Sure, I was dumb enough to believe Obama meant what he said, and now I think we were lied to. The difference between me and guys like you is that I can point out where the person I campaigned for is going wrong (way wrong) and BE SPECIFIC. I challenge you to do that on anything Bush did without trying to twist it in to a defense or a spin. Go ahead. Let's hear it.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #18
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
I hate to break the bad news.

I hated bush to just not as much as I hate obama.

So You saying I defended bush doesn't work.
My apologies. I never should have said "you" in the sense of you personally because I have no knowledge whatsoever of what you have or have not said about Bush. I was referring to conservatives in general, and included you in my blanket stereotype. My hypocrisy there is that I would have chewed your ass if you did that to me, so I was wrong in doing that, but not wrong about my assertion about neocons. My statement, in that sense, stands.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #19
RangerXtreme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-18-09
Location: U.P. of MI
Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
The same way you guys say Bush inherited the economic crash and Osama bin Laden from Clinton? I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, and your avoidance of the subject suggests it's something of which you are either unaware (so find hard to believe), or know full well and therefore will avoid at all costs.

The neocons were NOT opposed to Obama because they thought he was lying, they were opposed to him because they BELIEVED he would do what he was promising, so they called him a socialist, so don't act like you guys predicted this.

I criticized Clinton, Bush, and now Obama equally. I am an equal opportunity critic. Sure, I was dumb enough to believe Obama meant what he said, and now I think we were lied to. The difference between me and guys like you is that I can point out where the person I campaigned for is going wrong (way wrong) and BE SPECIFIC. I challenge you to do that on anything Bush did without trying to twist it in to a defense or a spin. Go ahead. Let's hear it.



Here it goes.

What Bush did [that was majorly] wrong:
He did nothing to stop outrageous spending
Patriot Act
Increased airport security ivading privacy
He was nowhere near a constitutionalist such as Reagan

There are many more small things, I cant possibly think of them all off the top of my head.

I WILL NOT admit the Iraq war was a mistake. It was the undermining of the military by some in our government that caused it to not go correctly.


And just for the hell of it, Bush did inheret the problem of Osama, just as Obama inhereted the economy that took a downturn under Bush. However, Bush did not bitch and whine about Osama. He had the "let's kill the fucker" attitude. Obama just whines. So yes, I was VERY critical of Bush whether you want to believe it or not. BUT, here is why I defend Bush even with his faults: He supported our country. He did not go on a world appollogy tour, he did not continually point out our faults even though he knew we (as a country) had them. He was a patriot. Obama is not.



Now, I did put a bit of a denese on that comment. However, I will defend ANYONE who is a patriot, reguardless of political stance. If someone truely supports our country and believes America is the best country on earth, I WILL support them to an extent. Patriotism is hard to come by these days and people who have it deserve credit.

Last edited by RangerXtreme; January 14th, 2010 at 04:33 PM.
RangerXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #20
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,732
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerXtreme View Post
Here's how it is: Obama is president, Bush is not.

Please stop bringing Bush up in every thread about Obama. Yes, Bush did screw up on things, then Obama came a long and brought false sayings that he was going to fix the economy (none of which I believed, and I didn't get to vote since I'm only 17).

So, here's why "neocons" criticize Obama: He came a long basically saying he was the messiah. Said he could fix the economy and "save or create" millions of jobs. He was going to fix healthcare. He was going to reduce government spending. He was going to reduce the size of governemnt. He was going to reduce middle america's taxes. HE HASN'T DONE ONE GODDAMN THING.

So you ask why are we so harsh when Bush also made faults? Conservatives are harsh because Obama lied to get his spot as president. He is the current president. Wether he likes it or not, he is in charge of the mess and he needs to start actually doing something THAT WILL HELP and stop saying "Well, it's not my fault" or "I inherited this mess." He is the leader of our country, it's time he acts like it.

You have single handedly renewed my hope in the younger generation.
Not bad.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.46735 seconds with 80 queries