Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Pictures and Video
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Pictures and Video A forum for 4x4 related photos and videos







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #101
Freak
Wheelin the HD
 
Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Portland, TX
Posts: 7,226
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via MSN to Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post


Was curious as to who was taking the video and grabbing beach ball size rocks to pave the road for me at the same time. I didn't get to properly introduce myself to them.
just watch for the guy with qtips in his ears. he actully lives in the same area as you.
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #102
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Care to be more specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
Is undertaker the tires? If so I resemble that comment! My reason for hitting that a little extra hard was because they're just tires, not rocks. I personally could give a shit how someone drives their own vehicle. As long as they understand the ramifacations when something goes wrong.

I did include a "Cough, Cough" and a

It was all in fun from my end, I enjoy watching you, Tab, and Pat wheel your rigs. It's just funny how it starts out smooth and slow, and then with a little baiting from either one of ya' to the other, it seems to get faster or you hit it harder. I'm not bashing you guys at all. You have great rigs, and they wheel well. When they break, you build it, run it, break it, and repeat.

I hope that eventually we can all just go out wheeling and have a great time with out being on the defense all the time or bashing someone for enjoying the sport. For the record, I do offer to lend a hand or at least ask if you guys ever need any help when I notice that someone in your group either breaks or has an issue.

I was just poking fun, and I'm sorry if I may have offended you in the process.



Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
damn grassman you and trailpunky really rippen on anthony for driving hard??? his rig, he can drive it how he wants....and trailpunky, i have seen anthony do more stuff in one day then you have ever since your jeep was built. so just because you went to harlen and drove around some trails.... means you are a good wheeler? i have seen you wheeling many times...or i mean sitting and watching.
anthony has come along ways since this last spring....keep on hammering that throttle anthony...it has made you a better driver....
CRAWLIN IS FOR BABIES!!!!!

Thanks Erin for the support, I haven't seen you in a long time. Glad to hear you're still alive and having fun in the snow.

We need to do a wheeling trip come spring time. I miss wheeling with all of you guys from last year.

Last edited by GOTRCKS; January 4th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #103
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake
Posts: 11,136
iTrader: (4)
anthony i see the point a couple were making though...when there is another person in your rig that makes you responsable for there well being..just dont get too crazy, because 1 mistake can ruin alot of good things. that is why i dont give rides and i very rarely have anybody riding with me.
looked like everyone had fun. tab sure did walk that hill ,while jim just got hung up....guess jim is getting old.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #104
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
anthony i see the point a couple were making though...when there is another person in your rig that makes you responsable for there well being..just dont get too crazy, because 1 mistake can ruin alot of good things. that is why i dont give rides and i very rarely have anybody riding with me.
looked like everyone had fun. tab sure did walk that hill ,while jim just got hung up....guess jim is getting old.

You make a good point on the passenger thing. I did make sure they were harnessed in, but unless it's family or a best friend that won't blame you if you have an accident, it's always good to cover your ars and be careful when having other passengers.

I will keep that in mind for the next time. The last thing I want to have happen is an accident that could potentially hurt a passenger.
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #105
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)
I got a pretty mild video of the tj on the python. My wife was behind the camera and she was having a hard time, being cold and all.

Lets see if i do this right


Last edited by Frank01TJ; January 4th, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #106
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Junkie View Post
Nice scrambler
x2 and I heard it's for sale :)
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #107
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)

Heres some random video of playground. Tippy's in there driving across the hill.
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #108
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Great videos.
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #109
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
Great videos.
She tried hard.

Hey GOTRCKS, do you have any onboard video from when you ran up on me on the python trail? Right before i let you by me?
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #110
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,419
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonfrnk View Post
I got a pretty mild video of the tj on the python. My wife was behind the camera and she was having a hard time, being cold and all.

Lets see if i do this right

YouTube- Python R&V 2010 Jeep TJ 35\\\\\\\\\\'s
Black Skull 98 @ 33sec

Last edited by Rockstar; January 4th, 2010 at 02:05 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #111
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Black Skull 98 @ 33sec
Yea, we rode around with that guy for the better part of the day. Thats one sweet freaking rig.
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #112
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,419
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonfrnk View Post
Yea, we rode around with that guy for the better part of the day. Thats one sweet freaking rig.
Yes it is, i wonder if the Air Ride lines got Frozen up at all.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #113
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Yes it is, i wonder if the Air Ride lines got Frozen up at all.
They never froze, he said they didn't work as good though. His steps are kinda cool.
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #114
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,419
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonfrnk View Post
They never froze, he said they didn't work as good though. His steps are kinda cool.
i wheel'd with him alot last year. Good friend. it's sad i didn't make it up this time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #115
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,002
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
I did include a "Cough, Cough" and a

It was all in fun from my end, I enjoy watching you, Tab, and Pat wheel your rigs. It's just funny how it starts out smooth and slow, and then with a little baiting from either one of ya' to the other, it seems to get faster or you hit it harder. I'm not bashing you guys at all. You have great rigs, and they wheel well. When they break, you build it, run it, break it, and repeat.

I hope that eventually we can all just go out wheeling and have a great time with out being on the defense all the time or bashing someone for enjoying the sport. For the record, I do offer to lend a hand or at least ask if you guys ever need any help when I notice that someone in your group either breaks or has an issue.

I was just poking fun, and I'm sorry if I may have offended you in the process.
For starters, I don't care how you drive your rig or how hard you beat on it. To each his own. It's nice that you have a rig that can take the beating. Jason did a great job on it.

I just took exception that you said you need to run winch hill faster because of the snow. As I said before, I disagree. Only when snow turns to ice does it make it any tougher than when it's wet or that you need momentum. Anybody can fly over stuff with no regard to damage. I prefer to try to crawl things, even if it crosses me up and I take a long time to conquer an obstacle. I like to try different lines, see if a slight change in tire angle or wheel speed makes a difference, etc. Note, you can hear twice in the undertaker vid where someone says I'm done. But by working it, I got out. Never out of control with my foot to the floor. To me, that's the fun and the challenge. Yes, I have times where I get into it but very rarely does anyone see the HP side of my rig.

RE the run it, break it, wheel it, repeat, I've had a couple u-joint failures in the past 2 years. Not much else. BUUUUUT, the one time I hammered it stupidly this spring, I bent a rim and was out of commission for the next hour. All because I did something stupid.

Yes, you have offered to help and I think that's stand up. I also congratulate you for pulling the broken jeep out. (we never saw it)

You really didn't offend me. I'm just not sure if you know the difference that I was referring to.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #116
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: (29)
I take no offense either. Simply because I could care less about what people think about how I wheel. I'm normally take it pretty slow because I still have the wicked 4.0 liter. I think undertaker is the first time Ive hit something harder than I needed to and I only did because it was an all rubber climb. But whatever. I will say that I have only broke something 3 times, all in Canada, and all 3 were u-joint/stub on a dana 30. I could fix it in less than 8 minutes with spares that were always carried in the jeep. These were all a couple years ago. I have wheeled with Jim a lot and I have never seen his Jeep broke and mine has not broke since the last dana 30 stub (3 years ago). Also, the only break I've seen Pat have is the tranny issue he had during UA.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #117
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,419
iTrader: (11)
Speed Kills just my 2 pennys
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #118
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonfrnk View Post
She tried hard.

Hey GOTRCKS, do you have any onboard video from when you ran up on me on the python trail? Right before i let you by me?

I didn't have my on board cams mounted. My passengers were just holding them by hand through out the day, and I'm sorry to say we didn't get any video of the Python.

Thanks for offering to let us pass. We were content just following you.
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #119
GOTRCKS
"RHINO ZJ"
 
GOTRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-06
Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Posts: 760
iTrader: (6)
DISCLAIMER: I DID 2 SEPERATE REPLIES DUE TO TOPICS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
For starters, I don't care how you drive your rig or how hard you beat on it. To each his own. It's nice that you have a rig that can take the beating. Jason did a great job on it.

I just took exception that you said you need to run winch hill faster because of the snow. As I said before, I disagree. Only when snow turns to ice does it make it any tougher than when it's wet or that you need momentum. Anybody can fly over stuff with no regard to damage. I prefer to try to crawl things, even if it crosses me up and I take a long time to conquer an obstacle. I like to try different lines, see if a slight change in tire angle or wheel speed makes a difference, etc. Note, you can hear twice in the undertaker vid where someone says I'm done. But by working it, I got out. Never out of control with my foot to the floor. To me, that's the fun and the challenge. Yes, I have times where I get into it but very rarely does anyone see the HP side of my rig.

RE the run it, break it, wheel it, repeat, I've had a couple u-joint failures in the past 2 years. Not much else. BUUUUUT, the one time I hammered it stupidly this spring, I bent a rim and was out of commission for the next hour. All because I did something stupid.

Yes, you have offered to help and I think that's stand up. I also congratulate you for pulling the broken jeep out. (we never saw it)

You really didn't offend me. I'm just not sure if you know the difference that I was referring to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
I take no offense either. Simply because I could care less about what people think about how I wheel. I'm normally take it pretty slow because I still have the wicked 4.0 liter. I think undertaker is the first time Ive hit something harder than I needed to and I only did because it was an all rubber climb. But whatever. I will say that I have only broke something 3 times, all in Canada, and all 3 were u-joint/stub on a dana 30. I could fix it in less than 8 minutes with spares that were always carried in the jeep. These were all a couple years ago. I have wheeled with Jim a lot and I have never seen his Jeep broke and mine has not broke since the last dana 30 stub (3 years ago). Also, the only break I've seen Pat have is the tranny issue he had during UA.


No problem guys, like I said I was just messing with you. We all wheel our rigs the way we wheel them and that's just the way it is. Jason & Jeff did do an awesome job on my Jeep and I have never slighted them in the least about that fact. I've always given them credit for it and will continue to do so.

I'm glad we could get all of this hashed out with out a lot of d-rama.

I'll always want to watch you guys wheel and hopefully you won't mind me following you around sometimes on the trails.

'Till the next we meet.
GOTRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #120
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTRCKS View Post
I didn't have my on board cams mounted. My passengers were just holding them by hand through out the day, and I'm sorry to say we didn't get any video of the Python.

Thanks for offering to let us pass. We were content just following you.
Thats cool.

I didn't know if you wanted to drive faster than i did, so i let you by. You were moving at a pretty good clip. Thats the first time i have ever been on trails like that. And thats the first run after the jeep build, so i didn't want to tear anything up. Are you going to the snofari?
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Pictures and Video
Tags
rhino zj o'no's

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.30275 seconds with 51 queries