Ol' Blue (Updated 1-17-09) - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Rig Builds and Pics Introduce your rig or post a buildup here.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM   #41
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

hopefully it'll be finished it up tonight. rims came in yesterday, a long night of lol

Last edited by Xj Wheeler; January 5th, 2010 at 05:26 PM.
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM   #42
j_little3
Boris
 
j_little3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-09
Location: Twin Lake, Michigan
Posts: 985
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
I ordered a 6.5" high Clarence lift from BDS and got some 35" BFG Mud Terrain KM2's so my truck is gonna go through some changes. I ordered this kit and got everything total for $3400. Dam...Pics tomorrow and project begins on weds. Also picked up inner and outer tie rods and a new pit man rod since these need to be replaced anyway.

Future Mods i want at the moment
-3.73 to 4.56 Gears
-tint
-replace the flowmaster knock off brand with a real one.
-throttle body spacer
-if it isnt big enough for my likings i will add a 3" body lift and run 37's.

Heres a picture of the truck. let me know any thoughts and suggestions.
Also need a good rim, thinking about just some soft 8's but id like something with machine finish.
Tires on it are for sale also.

i ended up getting these rims
my buddy has the bds high clearance lift and he has nothing but problems because they dont drop the front pig very far and your cv shafts are at such a high angle they break. bad choice!
j_little3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM   #43
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

well its the most expensive one and the guy at Fenton off road wouldn't even let me consider the rough country lift. He says the bds lift is one of the best lifts he's ever seen. so i ordered it after doing my own research. We'll see how it goes but so far so good. i like the non-torsion drop the most and everyone is insisting its going to ride like stock.

Heres a list of parts i got to install
-2 inner tie rod ends
-2 outer tie rod ends
-1 pitman arm
-1 idler arm
-6.5" BDS lift with blocks instead of leafs (will upgrade eventually)
-4 35x12.5 BFG mud terrain KM2's
-4 ultra rogue rims
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM   #44
onewheelscotty
Senior Member
 
onewheelscotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-09
Location: livonia michigan
Posts: 538
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to onewheelscotty Send a message via Yahoo to onewheelscotty
Default

wheres the pics at? whats a build thread with no pics??
onewheelscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM   #45
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheelscotty View Post
wheres the pics at? whats a build thread with no pics??
haha i know but not much to see but a truck torn apart. i will promise you guys pictures within the next week. i have to work though and now it probably wont be finished until late monday im hoping. what to do when the torsion springs won't come free at either end?
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM   #46
91XJTim
Is actually 95ZJTIM
 
91XJTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-08-08
Location: PawPaw/K'zoo
Posts: 727
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
haha i know but not much to see but a truck torn apart. i will promise you guys pictures within the next week. i have to work though and now it probably wont be finished until late monday im hoping. what to do when the torsion springs won't come free at either end?

Have fun with that, gotta love them IFS trucks
91XJTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM   #47
badazzchevy
go big or go home
 
badazzchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-08
Location: GRANDVILLE MI
Posts: 520
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
haha i know but not much to see but a truck torn apart. i will promise you guys pictures within the next week. i have to work though and now it probably wont be finished until late monday im hoping. what to do when the torsion springs won't come free at either end?
we warned you about that right away on your last thread,Its a major pain in the ass we had to heat the keys in my truck till they were glowing and take a big pipe and an even bigger hammer and beat them for hours.
badazzchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM   #48
Ford forever
Bought another jeep
 
Join Date: 01-28-09
Location: North Muskegon, michigan
Posts: 654
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
well its the most expensive one and the guy at Fenton off road wouldn't even let me consider the rough country lift. He says the bds lift is one of the best lifts he's ever seen. so i ordered it after doing my own research. We'll see how it goes but so far so good. i like the non-torsion drop the most and everyone is insisting its going to ride like stock.

Heres a list of parts i got to install
-2 inner tie rod ends
-2 outer tie rod ends
-1 pitman arm
-1 idler arm
-6.5" BDS lift with blocks instead of leafs (will upgrade eventually)
-4 35x12.5 BFG mud terrain KM2's
-4 ultra rogue rims
Just because its the most expensive does not means its the best. Jesse is right the high angle the lift puts to much stress on the cv's causing them to break, which will only continue until you lower the pig... not trying to be mean just tryin to help i would def consider lowering the pig asap or you WILL end up learning the hardway.
Ford forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:03 PM   #49
j_little3
Boris
 
j_little3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-09
Location: Twin Lake, Michigan
Posts: 985
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford forever View Post
Just because its the most expensive does not means its the best. Jesse is right the high angle the lift puts to much stress on the cv's causing them to break, which will only continue until you lower the pig... not trying to be mean just tryin to help i would def consider lowering the pig asap or you WILL end up learning the hardway.
See. My buddy was going down the highway and one of his broke and he almost flipped his truck. he is sittin on 38s so its pretty high to get sideways goin 65
j_little3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:14 PM   #50
bbrancheau
BLB CONCRETE
 
bbrancheau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-09
Location: Petersburg Michigan
Posts: 536
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

the BDS lift looks good and hold up well. the cv dont a friend of mine has went through alot of them he's running 35's on a 99. also breaks the upper yoke that the cv bolts to..the only good thing is the yoke is cheaper than the cv. lets see the pic's. oh and he cant run stock wheels with his BDS lift they hit the upper arm...
bbrancheau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:17 PM   #51
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

well of course not everyone is going to agree on the same kit but i guarantee you its better than some brands like rough country and sky jacker. i dont know what to do nothing i do will make all of you happy :) will it just break from every day driving?
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:23 PM   #52
j_little3
Boris
 
j_little3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-09
Location: Twin Lake, Michigan
Posts: 985
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
well of course not everyone is going to agree on the same kit but i guarantee you its better than some brands like rough country and sky jacker. i dont know what to do nothing i do will make all of you happy :) will it just break from every day driving?
it can because the cv's still rotate. if you make a drop bracket you will be fine. i have a pro comp and its perfect. not as much clearance as the high clearance but more than a straight axle.
j_little3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:25 PM   #53
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_little3 View Post
it can because the cv's still rotate. if you make a drop bracket you will be fine. i have a pro comp and its perfect. not as much clearance as the high clearance but more than a straight axle.
thank you. that response was helpful. the others saying that will suck and it will break dont help me.
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM   #54
j_little3
Boris
 
j_little3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-09
Location: Twin Lake, Michigan
Posts: 985
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
thank you. that response was helpful. the others saying that will suck and it will break dont help me.
not a problem. it is true about the stock rims too. if you run wide tires and 15s you will rub on the tires but if you get 16s or higher you will be fine with a decent offset
j_little3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM   #55
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

yeah i was aware. thats why i spent 150 bucks a rim and paid for overnight shipping to get them 4 days later. dam it.
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM   #56
j_little3
Boris
 
j_little3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-09
Location: Twin Lake, Michigan
Posts: 985
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
yeah i was aware. thats why i spent 150 bucks a rim and paid for overnight shipping to get them 4 days later. dam it.
lol yea on the procomp there is a bracket that drops the stock control arms and the bds has a new longer control arm. the longer one is better because when i turn the tires fold down and with the longer control arms dont do it as much
j_little3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM   #57
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_little3 View Post
lol yea on the procomp there is a bracket that drops the stock control arms and the bds has a new longer control arm. the longer one is better because when i turn the tires fold down and with the longer control arms dont do it as much
i c. yeah well i got money left so if there are any problems they will be fixed but my main concern is getting it done before winter break since this is my only truck. pictures of it complete will be up Monday afternoon since i have to work.
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM   #58
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

anyone have a good undercoating paint recommendation? with the lift your gonna see under neath her and the frame alot more so i need to get it sprayed black.
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:00 PM   #59
bbrancheau
BLB CONCRETE
 
bbrancheau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-09
Location: Petersburg Michigan
Posts: 536
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

he only breaks them in deep mud with his heavy foot you should be fine. should be fun. he also has stock gears and it seems to have good power 3.55 not sure. he has flowmasters, programer, and a k&n.
bbrancheau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM   #60
Ford forever
Bought another jeep
 
Join Date: 01-28-09
Location: North Muskegon, michigan
Posts: 654
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj Wheeler View Post
well of course not everyone is going to agree on the same kit but i guarantee you its better than some brands like rough country and sky jacker. i dont know what to do nothing i do will make all of you happy :) will it just break from every day driving?
i beg to differ... rough country and sky jacker are both very good lifts, i
have rough country on my jeep and its fine the only thing i dont like is the fact that the rough country springs are ALOT stiffer than most which makes for a bit of a bumpy ride. I cant wait till the pics are here i like that body style of chevys......
Ford forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32546 seconds with 81 queries