worst pain/sore you've been in? - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:10 PM   #61
MotoX5874
unbound
 
MotoX5874's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-07
Location: `
Posts: 787
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

god damn. i guess i'm a pussy, i've never even broken a bone...i've had a few close calls riding my dirtbike but always managed to walk away unscathed...guess i better start pushing the envelope
MotoX5874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:06 AM   #62
blackjeep
| 11I1I11 |
 
blackjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-24-08
Location: Rochester Hills
Posts: 325
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Broken femur (in three pieces, double fracture) playing soccer my freshman year in H.S.- Still hurts from time to time when I put weight on my leg.

Cut the tip of my finger off chopping onions at an old job. Someone dropped a bunch of heavy metal pans in the kitchen, and the noise made me jump a little bit and miss the onion by a little bit.

I suppose this is not anything near what others have gone through, but it hurt nonetheless. I had a PICC line put in last year (again), and the IV team at WBH Troy thought they could get it in no problem. The dug around in my arm for probably 30 minutes trying to cut up the right vein. Finally they sent me to angio, got local anesthetic, and they didn't wait long enough or didn't give me enough, because I felt them cut through and put the catheter in. That sucked. It didn't come out until a month later.
blackjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:39 AM   #63
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

passed a 6mm kidney stone without pain meds.
after that, several smaller stones passed but without pain being so much of an issue...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:09 AM   #64
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,384
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaguy View Post
passed a 6mm kidney stone without pain meds.
after that, several smaller stones passed but without pain being so much of an issue...
that must have felt like a fish hook coming out?
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:20 AM   #65
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,330
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
that must have felt like a fish hook coming out?
yup. One of them 3-barbed ones... worst I ever felt. and then the resdiual stinging sensation from pissing on a healing scar inside your peter...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:49 AM   #66
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanz View Post
have no kids and getting and IUD inserted. hands down. 10x worse than breaking my kneecap
I was wondering what having no kids had to do with it then I looked up the definition owww, couldn't they make it out of something softer

S: (n) intrauterine device, IUD (contraceptive device consisting of a piece of bent plastic or metal that is inserted through the vagina into the uterus)
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:37 AM   #67
Leanz
Full taste of tender
 
Leanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Oakland County, MI
Posts: 5,312
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj house View Post
I was wondering what having no kids had to do with it then I looked up the definition owww, couldn't they make it out of something softer

S: (n) intrauterine device, IUD (contraceptive device consisting of a piece of bent plastic or metal that is inserted through the vagina into the uterus)
yeahhhhhh, they offered me valium but I drove myself to the appointment so I turned it down. When you have kids, it obviously stretches your uterus and cervix out, so ur body is used to things being in there sorta. Well if you havn't had kids, you actually contract when they put it in, which fcking kills- because your uterus is like WTF is this? get it out!!! then you cramp for about 2 months straight, then its all good! Now, 10 months later, I love it- you never know its there and its good for 5 years!
Leanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:44 AM   #68
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanz View Post
yeahhhhhh, they offered me valium but I drove myself to the appointment so I turned it down. When you have kids, it obviously stretches your uterus and cervix out, so ur body is used to things being in there sorta. Well if you havn't had kids, you actually contract when they put it in, which fcking kills- because your uterus is like WTF is this? get it out!!! then you cramp for about 2 months straight, then its all good! Now, 10 months later, I love it- you never know its there and its good for 5 years!
You hear that CC, five years, no longer...now quit falling asleep
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:55 AM   #69
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

104 stitches, inside and out, from Spleenectomy.

Woke up in the room after the surgery and my dad just had to crack a joke. Laughing was never more painful. Ugly scar is still about 6 inches long on my abdomen 30+ years later.

All the other pains in my life have paled in comparison, although there has been plenty of pain.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:55 AM   #70
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,656
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Herpes
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:02 PM   #71
greygoose
I'm the dude
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 6,081
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
104 stitches, inside and out, from Spleenectomy.

Woke up in the room after the surgery and my dad just had to crack a joke. Laughing was never more painful. Ugly scar is still about 6 inches long on my abdomen 30+ years later.

All the other pains in my life have paled in comparison, although there has been plenty of pain.
The scars never fully go away. Chicks dig that though, right?
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM   #72
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

nail completely through foot.
broken collar bone
ripped off thumbnail
potassium IV, man that shit burns
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM   #73
hawkscj5
Skinny Pedal Crawler
 
hawkscj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-13-07
Location: Lansing,/barryton mi
Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

open heart surgery was not fun.
hawkscj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM   #74
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
The scars never fully go away. Chicks dig that though, right?



Yep, I tell them I was in a Highlander style sword fight.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM   #75
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,379
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

hmmmm it's a multi-way tie.............

Kidney stones way to big to pass that got lodged in my kidney. Still dont know which part was worse, the stone pain or the post-surgery pain

Cutting my hand with a sharp utility knife between my thumb and forefinger, 3 hours of hand surgery and finding out that lidocain only lasts for about 20 minutes at a time for me and having to keep getting injections in the deep tissue.

Falling off the high dive ladder at 13 bruising my hip bone and breaking 2 vertabrae which still aren't aligned and cause me pain most every day.
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM   #76
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,836
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandals View Post
Falling off the high dive ladder at 13 bruising my hip bone and breaking 2 vertabrae which still aren't aligned and cause me pain most every day.

Hippies have no business on a diving board. You get what is coming to you...........
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:21 PM   #77
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,656
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Hippies have no business on a diving board. You get what is coming to you...........
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM   #78
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
 
shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Milford/Commerce
Posts: 10,050
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn
Default

My worst?

Probably when I broke my right arm, both fore-arm bones, nearly a compound break. It hurt when it happened (BMX bike jump went wrong), and it hurt UBER bad when it was reset! I'll never forget that instance.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:06 PM   #79
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,836
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanz View Post
yeahhhhhh, they offered me valium but I drove myself to the appointment so I turned it down. When you have kids, it obviously stretches your uterus and cervix out, so ur body is used to things being in there sorta. Well if you havn't had kids, you actually contract when they put it in, which fcking kills- because your uterus is like WTF is this? get it out!!! then you cramp for about 2 months straight, then its all good! Now, 10 months later, I love it- you never know its there and its good for 5 years!
did you have the "wire's" cut just a little to long, so kelly can have a little extra sensation?
mideerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM   #80
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,379
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Hippies have no business on a diving board. You get what is coming to you...........

I was not yet hippified at that point. Most assuredly soon after though
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30972 seconds with 80 queries