Whats it worth?? want to make offer in the morning. - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM   #21
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,823
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
Default

offered 4750 as is... he said no. told him to get it checked out by the dealer and we would talk.. I think i'm over it.
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:42 PM   #22
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,823
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTN05 View Post
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/1502426570.html

Wow, you weren't joking that he was asking 9500. I thought you made that figure up to make it look like you got a better deal if you did buy it.
nope I wouldn't make things up...
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:58 PM   #23
Gunsworth
Senior Member
 
Gunsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 2,596
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Gunsworth
Default

I paid 6K for mine last fall. Its exactly the same only a standard cab (even has bedliner and was used for lawn care no plowing around 100K) but mine has zero rust anywhere and it was from a friend so I knew it was not too abused.

PS mine does the same clunk but only with hard braking and accel, shaft joints are fine I have no idea what it is

I wouldnt give any more than you offered, i have seen better in that range, just gotta keep looking

edit, just noticed it is also non/HD didnt know you could get the 6.0 without being HD, id pass on that. hes nuts thinkin he will get over 5k
Gunsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM   #24
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

interesting fact.

In 2006 I bought a 1999 Z71 extended cab, fully loaded, leather, minimal rocker rust, similar truck to the one pictured. It had 125,000 miles. I paid 6500.

I sold that truck with 185,000 miles on it. $7800 or $6800 in november 2007

Find me a truck of that body style and of said body style discussed here, that is 4x4, under 100,000 miles, in decent shape for less then 10,000.


9500 is a little high for that truck, but unfortunately for whatever reason they have gone back up in street value recently. He's a little high, but you guys are ALL in dreamland if you think you are going to get that era chevy with less than 100,000 miles on it for less than 6-8 grand at this point....you'd have to really strike a deal to score one in my opinion....I watch these trucks all the time and cant believe what people get for them used.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:08 PM   #25
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,349
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

i'd go with $4500, it sounds like the truck was abused and wasn't maintained very well, the truck is only worth about $7000 anyway, like a few other people said, get quotes to repair the trasnfercase, body, and sensors and bring them with you

from what I understand the transfer case is a known issuse with those model chevys/gmcs, kinda like how the cvs blew like rotted tires on the 88-98 models
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:04 PM   #26
dbikers
Senior Member
 
dbikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-06-07
Location: under my jeep
Posts: 1,097
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowaves View Post
offered 4750 as is... he said no. told him to get it checked out by the dealer and we would talk.. I think i'm over it.
dude, yer better off without it...
dbikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:12 PM   #27
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,823
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
interesting fact.

In 2006 I bought a 1999 Z71 extended cab, fully loaded, leather, minimal rocker rust, similar truck to the one pictured. It had 125,000 miles. I paid 6500.

I sold that truck with 185,000 miles on it. $7800 or $6800 in november 2007

Find me a truck of that body style and of said body style discussed here, that is 4x4, under 100,000 miles, in decent shape for less then 10,000.


9500 is a little high for that truck, but unfortunately for whatever reason they have gone back up in street value recently. He's a little high, but you guys are ALL in dreamland if you think you are going to get that era chevy with less than 100,000 miles on it for less than 6-8 grand at this point....you'd have to really strike a deal to score one in my opinion....I watch these trucks all the time and cant believe what people get for them used.
agreed, there is a lot out there and it is all pretty high priced.. just how it is..

and our criteria narrow it down and its hard to find perfect.. will find the right one tho.. just takes time.

-want 2500-3500,
-extended cab(3+door) or crew. short bed. (long bed possible if extended cab)
-4x4
-Diesel or gas.
-not going to have a catastrophic failure in the next year.

it will be out there.. just have to keep looking.
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM   #28
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,349
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowaves View Post
agreed, there is a lot out there and it is all pretty high priced.. just how it is..

and our criteria narrow it down and its hard to find perfect.. will find the right one tho.. just takes time.

-want 2500-3500,
-extended cab(3+door) or crew. short bed. (long bed possible if extended cab)
-4x4
-Diesel or gas.
-not going to have a catastrophic failure in the next year.

it will be out there.. just have to keep looking.
I've got a 99 dodge ram 2500, v-10, 123,000 (and some change) club cab (ext cab 4-door),
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM   #29
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

this is a lot nicer for $5k http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/1521251377.html
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #30
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin_wheeler View Post
Ifsomeone is in the market I would jump all over that like a fly on shit....it does say little problems, which probably means big problems...but if it is as clean as it looks and does only have minor issues thats a pretty good deal...but not the norm.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #31
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsworth View Post
I paid 6K for mine last fall. Its exactly the same only a standard cab (even has bedliner and was used for lawn care no plowing around 100K) but mine has zero rust anywhere and it was from a friend so I knew it was not too abused.

PS mine does the same clunk but only with hard braking and accel, shaft joints are fine I have no idea what it is

I wouldnt give any more than you offered, i have seen better in that range, just gotta keep looking

edit, just noticed it is also non/HD didnt know you could get the 6.0 without being HD, id pass on that. hes nuts thinkin he will get over 5k
We had a company truck that was doing it and the dealer said that the slip yoke in the trans was a little too long and that it would bottom out. True or not I don't know, we never had a problem with the truck in the 150k we had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
interesting fact.

In 2006 I bought a 1999 Z71 extended cab, fully loaded, leather, minimal rocker rust, similar truck to the one pictured. It had 125,000 miles. I paid 6500.

I sold that truck with 185,000 miles on it. $7800 or $6800 in november 2007

Find me a truck of that body style and of said body style discussed here, that is 4x4, under 100,000 miles, in decent shape for less then 10,000.


9500 is a little high for that truck, but unfortunately for whatever reason they have gone back up in street value recently. He's a little high, but you guys are ALL in dreamland if you think you are going to get that era chevy with less than 100,000 miles on it for less than 6-8 grand at this point....you'd have to really strike a deal to score one in my opinion....I watch these trucks all the time and cant believe what people get for them used.
X2 when I was looking for trucks last spring even a early 90's Chevy was fetching 3k-4k Rusted out POS's were around $2-2500.

OTOH I could find 99 Dodges in excellent shape for $1500-3500, but all of them had mechanical problems

My sister and BIL just bought an '01 4x4 Suburban for 8k... the day the dealer put it out. There were over 30 calls on the truck supposedly when they went back to pick it up. I say supposedly because the person that said that was a friend of my BIL that worked at the dealer so I give her some credit.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:40 PM   #32
lauriat
Senior Member
 
lauriat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-09
Location: Higgins Lake MI
Posts: 1,016
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I've got a 99 dodge ram 2500, v-10, 123,000 (and some change) club cab (ext cab 4-door),
Is it the white on 36's? I was thinking about calling on that truck to put a plow on and have for a beater.
lauriat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:18 PM   #33
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,823
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Ifsomeone is in the market I would jump all over that like a fly on shit....it does say little problems, which probably means big problems...but if it is as clean as it looks and does only have minor issues thats a pretty good deal...but not the norm.
thanks.. looking for 2500 or 3500 aren't all z71's half ton? I don't know so correct me if i'm wrong.
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM   #34
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowaves View Post
thanks.. looking for 2500 or 3500 aren't all z71's half ton? I don't know so correct me if i'm wrong.
that one is a half ton. i don't think the Z-71 package was available for the 2500 3500 trucks.
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:53 PM   #35
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

There's way too many trucks like that one out there for half the price to lose any sleep over not buying that one in particular.

Half-assed search on first page of CL:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ctd/1521675886.html
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ctd/1515046289.html

Last edited by Ebs; December 22nd, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM   #36
pyrowaves
The Boss
 
pyrowaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Location: Dearborn/Ortonville
Posts: 2,823
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyrowaves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post
There's way too many trucks like that one out there for half the price to lose any sleep over not buying that one in particular.

Half-assed search on first page of CL:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ctd/1521675886.html
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ctd/1515046289.html
thanks.. I promise you Craigslist is being searched as much as humanly possible I guarantee it.

those trucks are half tons. need 3/4 ton or 1 ton.
Appreciate the effort. there is just some criteria that can't be compromised..
we will find one, just a matter of when.
pyrowaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM   #37
OnlyInMyXJ22
No Money = No Fun
 
OnlyInMyXJ22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 7,326
iTrader: (62)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to OnlyInMyXJ22 Send a message via Skype™ to OnlyInMyXJ22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowaves View Post
thanks.. looking for 2500 or 3500 aren't all z71's half ton? I don't know so correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin_wheeler View Post
that one is a half ton. i don't think the Z-71 package was available for the 2500 3500 trucks.
Z71's were only available on 1500's until the new body style in 2007.

Now you can get the Z71 Package on the 1500, 2500, or 3500 as long as they aren't equipped with the Work Package.
__________________
*1999 XJ
*2006 Duramax
*2006 TDI
OnlyInMyXJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM   #38
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrowaves View Post
thanks.. looking for 2500 or 3500 aren't all z71's half ton? I don't know so correct me if i'm wrong.
yes, 2500 and 3500 did not have z71.

Even still at 5500 that z71 is good price. but yeah you aren't going to get that good of a deal on a 3/4 or 1 ton just for the simple fact theere werent as many made...
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:21 PM   #39
blownexploder94
Todd
 
blownexploder94's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-22-07
Location: South Lyon
Posts: 1,074
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/1521554087.html
blownexploder94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:29 PM   #40
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,546
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

That truck sounds like a money pit.


I'd just keep saving and looking.
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.29363 seconds with 80 queries