Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2009, 02:00 AM   #41
1988JeepXj
XJ Aficianado
 
1988JeepXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-09
Location: Redford, Mi
Posts: 1,119
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1988JeepXj Send a message via Yahoo to 1988JeepXj Send a message via Skype™ to 1988JeepXj
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
This place has turned into "Got Mud" overnight. Will the retards please leave!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Tell her to keep a check registrar and watch her finances and she won't get "burned" by the bank. She had to over draft TWO items to get slammed with $63 worth of fees. Actually don't tell her because we love taking fees from stupid people and will only be able to on debit cards till July thanks to the Gov, but stupid peoples written checks are still able to have fees! Yay for Stupid people because they keep the banking industry chugging along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Well done smart person!

All dumb "Got Mud" retards please notice how a smart person banks and is treated by his bank!
This is the dumbest shit I've read on here in a long time, hands down.

You sir, need to learn a thing or two about who you're calling out before you start all your conceded name calling bullshit. For me to sit here and tell you how you're wrong (which you are) and your assumptions are false (which they are) would be completely useless, so I'm not going to waste my time.

But for you to insinuate that my g/f is a "stupid person", which, you completely did, is crossing the fucking line.
1988JeepXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #42
kj kyle
Devil Dolphin
 
kj kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: NAS Boca Chica
Posts: 2,193
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

sounds to me like some of you should try reading the contracts you sign when you open the account.

and every bank screws people every now and then. I overdrew my account through 5/3 once, went in and told them my story... and they waved the fees.
kj kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #43
MiNi Beast
Senior Member
 
MiNi Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-06
Location: Marquette, MI
Posts: 9,001
iTrader: (75)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj kyle View Post
sounds to me like some of you should try reading the contracts you sign when you open the account.

and every bank screws people every now and then. I overdrew my account through 5/3 once, went in and told them my story... and they waved the fees.
well your the exception.
MiNi Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #44
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Most banks will waive the first Two fees every year because we all screw up everyonce in a while. This only happens if you go in and respectfully say you made the mistake and aren't a douce about it.

Most of the time do to the "bank is screwing my dumb ass" mentality they do not care to help you.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #45
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14muddn View Post
A few years ago I was slammed with over $350 in overdraft fees from spending under $20. This was at Chase bank they would not get rid of any of the fees I was obviously a unemployed college student who obviously did not have money for a bottle of pop, candy bar, cigs, coffee, and a few other things, needless to say I did not have a spare $300. A few months went by and I got a call saying it was about to go into collections after I explained the situation it was settled for $60.


It's just a lesson to keep better track of your money.
Sounds like you learned a lesson.

And for all you overdrafters, make sure you pay up because if the bank writes the debt off and you end up on check stlystems it will be a living hell to obtain a checking account in the future! A Living Hell!!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #46
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,944
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
... and you end up on check stlystems it will be a living hell to obtain a checking account in the future! A Living Hell!!
I write maybe 2 or 3 checks per month total. Virtually all of my bills are paid electronically, and non-recurring transactions are cash, or thrown on my Sony Rewards Visa and then paid off.

I'm still old school however, and refuse to go with a debit card. Old school ATM card ftw for if/when I need cash.

Makes me curious if the liability is still messed up with respect to debit cards vs. atm cards, I honestly haven't checked in a few years - but I have closed more than one account over the years when they forced an 'upgrade' to debit card for ATM card holders.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #47
Freak
Wheelin the HD
 
Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Portland, TX
Posts: 7,226
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Default

I used Huntington and overdraft my account by 2 cents, somehow the overdraft fee made my account draft again, and again, and again until I somehow owed the bank $356, then they would not fix the error, so i wound up getting charged $50 a day, until the closed the account saying I owed them roughly $1200 for a $0.02 overdraft. over the last 2 years the account was sold to roughly 11 different collection agency's and nobody has even filed it on my credit report.
honestly all the banks are just out to get your money, you will find someone with beef about every bank you try.
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #48
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988JeepXj View Post
This is the dumbest shit I've read on here in a long time, hands down.

You sir, need to learn a thing or two about who you're calling out before you start all your conceded name calling bullshit. For me to sit here and tell you how you're wrong (which you are) and your assumptions are false (which they are) would be completely useless, so I'm not going to waste my time.

But for you to insinuate that my g/f is a "stupid person", which, you completely did, is crossing the fucking line.
Lucky for you she is only your G/F. You better fix her wanton financial ways before you make it official
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #49
dmcjeep
Senior Member
 
dmcjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Grand Haven Mi.
Posts: 9,292
iTrader: (105)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
My local party store cashes my checks for 1 percent. I know where my money goes, because I have to physically spend it.

Houses and new trucks are over rated anyways.
So your 1% goes to Iran or Iraq?
dmcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #50
skife
Senior Member
 
skife's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-07
Location: cedar springs mi
Posts: 5,088
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife
Default

same issue with 5/3 didn't post my deposits until after they withdrew my debts. 350 in overdrafts within a week, it was up to 450 with the late fees of $8/day by the time my next check came in. i had to borrow money to pay it.
skife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #51
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,650
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcjeep View Post
So your 1% goes to Iran or Iraq?
Hezbollah
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #52
jeepitupyo
MMM Shrimp Slushy
 
jeepitupyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-23-06
Location: Flint 48507
Posts: 1,977
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepitupyo
Default

I'm pretty sure the banks will continue to try to get money from people for things that they don't really have to pay. I switched to a credit union almost two years ago now. I've gotten much better about my finances since I dealt with a bank but one time I had to pay my mortgage and consumers on the same week and I let them know ahead of time that I would be overdrafting and they waived the fees for me because I let them know.
__________________
05 Silverado Crew Z71
00 XJ BDS Long Arms 35's
Beelby & Sons Towing
St. Pierre Inc. Machining and Welding
jeepitupyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #53
tburda
Member
 
tburda's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-28-09
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 65
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I've been "screwed by the bank" before and got angry and left. There has been a situation at both TCF bank who "screwed" me and Chase bank. TCF "screwed" me and i left, went back, paid back the 380 dollars i owed them and re-opened an account. They actually screwed me after that by "prioritizing charges" to get them the most overdrafts. They would not match by timestamps, so i left and they're the ones out a few hunred bucks now. I went to chase, and i PAY EXTRA for overdraft protection, so i CANNOT overdraft. The other day i checked my balance...expecting to see 900+ dollars, and I was NEGATIVE 93 DOLLARS!!! I had to fight but they reversed their fees because I pay extra for that crap. Sooooo....all im saying is i think banks do try to get one over on people it just depends how much attention you pay.
tburda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #54
awalters
Hired Badass
 
awalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-09
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 1,328
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

IMO if this thread goes on long enough, every bank will be on the list. I am not a banker, nor am I affiliated with any banks.

I have accounts with Chase, US Bank (In the Central US region), and 5/3. I like US Bank the best out of all three. Chase the only problem I have had with them was their loan policy. They don't make personal loans anymore, and their car loans don't cover used cars over 5 years old.

Which is why I switched to 5/3, they DID give me a car loan. I keep very keen track of my finances, and never go overdraft, and the one time I did go overdraft it was their fault, and they agreed to reverse the charge (and not use my grace charge reversal).

US bank has never taken anything out of my account that I didn't authorize, and customer service is excellent, but they're local to the Missouri region.

I also have a line of credit with HSBC, and them, I will never do business again. They take 7-10 days to post an online payment. Every other bank, posts it the very next business day.
awalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #55
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,144
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo-3 View Post


at all chemical banks cut off is before 3:00 to post that days credit or before7:00 at a atm. you were late so dont hammer the bank for your lack of timeing !

ive been at chemical bank for over 18 yrs. and they are a stand up bank !
No that is a bullshit policy, CASH should post immediately. There is NO good reason that is shouldn't they have it, they should admit it and have it readily available. That is why the only business Cock-bag bank gets is a tiny account we keep in town for last minute stuff because my Credit Union is in Flint - they post ANYTHING immediately, even at an ATM. I wouldn't even have that local account, but my wife opened it before our wedding.

If your spelling and grammar are any sort of indication of the people running the bank, I now know why they have to do that kind of shady shit to make money.

Last edited by jeepfreak81; December 13th, 2009 at 01:50 PM.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #56
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,136
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Love Genisys Credit Union (previously T&C Federal Credit Union. In Alabama, we opened our business account at BBVA Compass...no problems yet!
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #57
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
No that is a bullshit policy, CASH should post immediately. There is NO good reason that is shouldn't they have it, they should admit it and have it readily available. That is why the only business Cock-bag bank gets is a tiny account we keep in town for last minute stuff because my Credit Union is in Flint - they post ANYTHING immediately, even at an ATM. I wouldn't even have that local account, but my wife opened it before our wedding.

If your spelling and grammar are any sort of indication of the people running the bank, I now know why they have to do that kind of shady shit to make money.
Cash should post immediately which is why everyone should keep their receipt with the time stamp to back up your case if you "get screwed."

Now this does not apply on ATM deposits. 1.) You should never deposit cash because their is no way to verify it. 2.) If you are dumb enough to deposit cash into your ATM it won't become available untill it is recorded the following morning. So if you think you are going to bounce a check don't waste your time trying to cover it by depositing money into an ATM. That money will go to overdraft fees.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #58
RockyMTN05
Cadillac pimpin
 
RockyMTN05's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-07
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RockyMTN05
Default

So it would be an accurate assumption that most of the people with bank issues are people that overdraft their account?

Sounds to me that if you kept better record of your spending habits, you wouldn't have bank issues.

(And as far as the person making a deposit at 3pm Friday and it not being available until Monday, that is standard practice for all banks (that I've dealt with anyways). Sorry you didn't read the fine print, or simply ask the teller. They would gladly tell you that after 3pm, although the bank is OPEN, they turn the books to the following business day. Any transactions done after 3pm will not show until the next BUSINESS day, Monday.)

I thought that was common knowledge? Forgive me in advance for bringing logic into your uneducated pissing match.
RockyMTN05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #59
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTN05 View Post
So it would be an accurate assumption that most of the people with bank issues are people that overdraft their account?

Sounds to me that if you kept better record of your spending habits, you wouldn't have bank issues.

(And as far as the person making a deposit at 3pm Friday and it not being available until Monday, that is standard practice for all banks (that I've dealt with anyways). Sorry you didn't read the fine print, or simply ask the teller. They would gladly tell you that after 3pm, although the bank is OPEN, they turn the books to the following business day. Any transactions done after 3pm will not show until the next BUSINESS day, Monday.)

I thought that was common knowledge? Forgive me in advance for bringing logic into your uneducated pissing match.

Oh boy, prepare to feel the wrath of the stupid!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #60
awalters
Hired Badass
 
awalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-09
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 1,328
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTN05 View Post
So it would be an accurate assumption that most of the people with bank issues are people that overdraft their account?

Sounds to me that if you kept better record of your spending habits, you wouldn't have bank issues.

(And as far as the person making a deposit at 3pm Friday and it not being available until Monday, that is standard practice for all banks (that I've dealt with anyways). Sorry you didn't read the fine print, or simply ask the teller. They would gladly tell you that after 3pm, although the bank is OPEN, they turn the books to the following business day. Any transactions done after 3pm will not show until the next BUSINESS day, Monday.)

I thought that was common knowledge? Forgive me in advance for bringing logic into your uneducated pissing match.
I keep very good track of my records. What about HSBC's policy to post something Monday, that I make on Tuesday? I did Best Buy's financing option for a new computer, and printer I bought just before school started, and I was moving at the same time, so I financed it. Paid it off very shortly after (I'm still building my credit). If I'd make a payment on Tuesday, I would get an email saying it's been received on the following Monday. It would still take 14 ish days to post to my HSBC account, and it came out of MY account, the day after I made it.
awalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.27469 seconds with 50 queries