Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Help Please & Thank You - Michigan City Indiana

782 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Superlifted06FX4 
#1 ·
Simple Explanation First:

My Dad and Mom left for Missouri early this morning. They made as far as Michigan City Indiana and one of the front wheel bearings on my dad's truck went out. He's driving a fairly nice 93 F150 Supercab 4x4 long box. The problem being, he didn't realize that the bearing was going out and it ran for probably 200 miles and fortunately he didn't lose the tire and wheel. He is a good mechanic and actually has a full array of tools with him but he didn't bring lockout hubs or hub wrenches with him.

Given today was thanksgiving he's been sitting in a hotel since 10:00am. The part stores and everything else is closed until tomorrow. I volunteered to drive down tomorrow and help him out but he's going to see how things go with getting parts. He can't drive the thing anywhere at the moment. He's a 1.5 miles from AutoZone and also a junkyard is close. I know he's going to call each of them first thing tomorrow.

He's pretty sure that when the bearing went out the hub engaged and this transferred the load on that side to the transfer case and the transmission. The transmission got to be very hot and was actually spitting out tranny fluid.

Is there anyone here that might be close to there that could swing by and help him with repairs or maybe you have a used axle with all the hub and everything still attached. He's going to need one caliper as well. All help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also ready to go with a trailer to haul the truck but he's also hauling a trailer that I would have to leave there as I can't take both.

Thank You Very Much

You can reach me at 616-218-7443

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.