Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Who has sold a home For Sale By Owner?

519 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  84Scrambler 
#1 ·
I am wondering who has had success selling a home on their own? how long was it for sale? how did the transaction work? I am trying to get a little bit of perspective about how it looks from the other side of the coin. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Yes. It was for sale all of about 1 week. The transaction wasn't flawless, but it was because the buyer was a real estate broker and genuine asshole (unrelated facts). I had legal representation to cover my butt and I walked away with money in my pocket after living there for only 2.5 years.

We have also bought a parcel of land adjacent to our current property. I drew up the sales agreement, made the offer, handled the counteroffer, set up the closing with the title agency, and bought the land. It couldn't have been any easier and the sellers pocketed the $7000 that would have been paid to real estate agents, so we got a better deal as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.