Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Verizon merger or alltel

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  homerdogeo8 
#1 ·
Anyone else having issues with their alltel equipment since verizon took over? A couple of weeks ago our air card and phones took a crap. Now the service just goes up and down. One minute the signal is good the next we can't make a call. Before the final conversion we never lost a call at home.

#4 ·
Just don't be so quick to blame any us carrier without first giving the FCC the finger. As a former cellular technician for Motorola for 3 years I can tell you we are ages behind even third world countries when it comes to anything cellular due to FCC "can't do without alot of regulations and waiting", attitude. Bastards...

#5 ·
Yes, I have the same trouble with Alltel since the Verizon thing. The Alltel towers don't work on the same frequencies that the Verizon's do, and most of the towers have been converted to Verizon (the point behind the buyout- not merger). Customer service has been issued an "act dumb" policy on service issues. I have a MotoQ9C with a big black blob in the middle of the screen, and am paying a warrantee monthly on something that can't be fixed.

#10 ·
Wrong... All CDMA devices operate on the exact same frequencies, this is what allows you to "ROAM".

And not one tower is being touched right now aways because LTE tech is right around the corner and there is no point in doing anything more than just merging names at this point merely for customer base, which in some markets they literally had to sell of to someone else (local markets, similar to iPCS for sprint) because they were so dominant.

#11 ·
This is from the merger piggybacking towers without reevaluating the load balancing on them yet, with time it will return. Or LTE will be out, everyone will buy new shit and forget all about this dirty tech we call CDMA. Not that I think LTE will be much better, Battery tech years behind supporting that kind of data usage. :fish:

#8 ·
As far as I know the AllTel towers work on exactly the same technology that VZW does. Not saying it for sure doesn't have something to do with it, but it shouldn't. And yes, the FCC does hinder a lot of the technology... The wireless abilities overseas, especially in Europe and Asia is out of sight.

#18 ·
Well I have spent hours on the phone the last few nights because I can not complete a call at home anymore. Stopped by my original alltel rep store today and they said they are trying but its not going anywhere. The funny thing is she lost a call on her phone while I was in the store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.