Billions spent millions out of work a WAR and this too??? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #1
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,991
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default Billions spent millions out of work a WAR and this too???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_313945.html
I know why ,but why NOW.
Water on the MOON Worth the buck???? or not???
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #2
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,851
iTrader: (43)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Who cares about water on the moon.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #3
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I do, from what I hear drinking that water can make me RIPPED in just 4 weeks!
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #4
Spence1986
SlowBalt SS
 
Spence1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Redford Michigan
Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spence1986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenn View Post
I do, from what I hear drinking that water can make me RIPPED in just 4 weeks!
Spence1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Kodiak450r
Keep on truckin
 
Kodiak450r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,911
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

another waste of money. BUT if they do discover water on the moon in the form of ice. they could theoretically take that stuff back here and we could drink it. a whole new water business. now marketing Moon water only $15 per gallon lol
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #6
techman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-04-06
Location: SE MI
Posts: 695
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

NASA is less than .5% of the federal budget, and brings about $17M/yr to the Michigan economy.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #7
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I'd rather see tax dollars going to shooting a missile at the moon in the name of science and discovery than half the wasteful BS that comes out of Washington.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #8
Brods
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Salem, Mi
Posts: 704
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronprice View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_313945.html
I know why ,but why NOW.
Water on the MOON Worth the buck???? or not???
Why now? Keep in mind these things take years from inception until they actually happen. The mission was announced in April 2006 and who knows how long it was kicked around before that. So do you kill the project and loose all the money spent so far or let it continue and hopefully achieve the mission goals?

Maybe the money could be better spent, but compared to what our government flushes down the toilet every day, this is but a drop in the bucket. Eh, maybe we should have scrapped the mission and used any leftover money for the bankers instead, I hear their bonuses may be down a little this year....

Consider that the device you used to start this thread can likely trace its roots back to the Apollo space program. Just one example of how space exploration can pay huge technological dividends.
Brods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #9
MiNi Beast
Senior Member
 
MiNi Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-14-06
Location: Marquette, MI
Posts: 9,010
iTrader: (75)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

yeah ok do we see nothing wrong with this? A bomb that big circling the earth twice? LMAO ok can we say WWIII.
MiNi Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #10
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,991
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brods View Post
Why now? Keep in mind these things take years from inception until they actually happen. The mission was announced in April 2006 and who knows how long it was kicked around before that. So do you kill the project and loose all the money spent so far or let it continue and hopefully achieve the mission goals?

Maybe the money could be better spent, but compared to what our government flushes down the toilet every day, this is but a drop in the bucket. Eh, maybe we should have scrapped the mission and used any leftover money for the bankers instead, I hear their bonuses may be down a little this year....

Consider that the device you used to start this thread can likely trace its roots back to the Apollo space program. Just one example of how space exploration can pay huge technological dividends.
SOOOO!! Now they have been spending Billions on this for for than 3 years. Yes companies made money building the darn thing. The was is in Year (9) Billions could be spent on saving the earth not trying to get the hell away from it.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #11
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,317
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Big deal. It's not like Obama is getting nominated for the noble peace prize.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,830
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Big deal. It's not like Obama is getting nominated for the noble peace prize.

x2
I doubt the little green men on the moon are going to agree with this peace prize bullshit.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #13
mudchucker
Senior Member
 
mudchucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Springport
Posts: 608
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronprice View Post
SOOOO!! Now they have been spending Billions on this for for than 3 years. Yes companies made money building the darn thing. The was is in Year (9) Billions could be spent on saving the earth not trying to get the hell away from it.
The earth doesn't need saving, the people do- LOL.
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #14
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If you really think about it, people are a lost cause
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #15
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronprice View Post
SOOOO!! Now they have been spending Billions on this for for than 3 years. Yes companies made money building the darn thing. The was is in Year (9) Billions could be spent on saving the earth not trying to get the hell away from it.
Much of the technology we currently have we can thank NASA and our military for. If they weren't out "wasting tax dollars", we would likely still be living closer to the stone age. They accelerate development and advancement in technology with everything they do.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #16
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
Much of the technology we currently have we can thank NASA and our military for. If they weren't out "wasting tax dollars", we would likely still be living closer to the stone age. They accelerate development and advancement in technology with everything they do.
why is this necessarily a good thing? with all the b.s. these days, maybe it would be better if we were all riding our horse to the mill to put in our eight hours, and then off to the saloon to play poker and tag a good whore or two
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #17
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
why is this necessarily a good thing? with all the b.s. these days, maybe it would be better if we were all riding our horse to the mill to put in our eight hours, and then off to the saloon to play poker and tag a good whore or two
Then we could complain about the government spending "our tax dollars" on a telegraph or something. We sure wouldn't be on here arguing about it though, that is for sure.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #18
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

telegraph is technology. No technology, no government, to tax dollars, shit, no dollars.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #19
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,830
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
telegraph is technology. No technology, no government, to tax dollars, shit, no dollars.
No velcro. That would suck.

I would have to learn how to tie my shoes.

I guess I could have big shiny buckles.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #20
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,516
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

yep we messed up our drinking water why not the moons
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.24639 seconds with 80 queries