Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Hate Crime Bill is about to be passed

Now you can be judged on what you "might" have been thinking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/us...09hate.html?hp
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #2
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Since I'm a black jewish immigrant, this can only work to my advantage.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
Since I'm a black jewish immigrant, this can only work to my advantage.
Not if you accidently kill a White Nazi (as if there are any other kind ) and get charged with a hate crime cause you "might have been thinking like a racist" during your accidental killing of the Nazi.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #4
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 15,965
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Not if you accidently kill a White Nazi (as if there are any other kind :sonicjay:) and get charged with a hate crime cause you "might have been thinking like a racist" during your accidental killing of the Nazi.


__________________
Associate Membership Secretary/Membership Secretary
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Support The Sport!

We must all go through a rite of passage and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark.
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #5
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusKegon_ZJ_gurl View Post




__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #6
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,073
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Now you can be judged on what you "might" have been thinking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/us...09hate.html?hp
This is just the beginning, you wait it will turn into what you say in public to somebody. What a pastor says in church from the bible. It is in other countries and "coming to a church near you".
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #7
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Is it possible to be any more mentally retarded as this guy?

Senator Carl Levin, the Michigan Democrat...

“The hate crimes act will hopefully deter people from being targeted for violent attacks because of the color of their skin or their religion, their disability, their gender or their sexual orientation, regardless of where the crime takes place,” he said.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,365
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Is it possible to be any more mentally retarded as this guy?

Senator Carl Levin, the Michigan Democrat...

“The hate crimes act will hopefully deter people from being targeted for violent attacks because of the color of their skin or their religion, their disability, their gender or their sexual orientation, regardless of where the crime takes place,” he said.
I would say we as law abiding citizens can do more to stop hate crimes than any law. By not allowing this kind of behaviour in our social groups, this will detour the aggressor's actions more effectively. In other words, if a buddy talks about beating up the flamer down the street, you need to confront him about his actions. I personally dislike MOST homosexuals along with most rednecks, liberals, door to door meat salesmen, and city politicians. I do however respect their right to their views in this country as long is it doesn't place myself or my family in direct harm.

Beating a person up because of their sexual orientation, handicap, skin color, or political veiws is a sign of cowardice. Most the the "hate crime" reports that I've seen involve multiple attackers on a single victom. Again a sign of cowardice by the attackers.

I'm not saying embrace people you don't like. I'm just saying be a good American citizen and allow people to live a life different than yours. If you really wish to participate in hate acts and smack around people that don't think exactly like you, move to the middle east and become a Muslum.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #9
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,899
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I hate everyone . equally
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #10
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Is it possible to be any more mentally retarded as this guy?

Senator Carl Levin, the Michigan Democrat...

“The hate crimes act will hopefully deter people from being targeted for violent attacks because of the color of their skin or their religion, their disability, their gender or their sexual orientation, regardless of where the crime takes place,” he said.
No, I cannot stand that buttplug. Not because he is Jewish but because he is an idiot that doesn't listen to people in his state. He think he is our parent not our senator.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 02:20 PM   #11
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,073
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

The fact that when a crime is committed is enough and then they say it is hate. How can anyone know if the person committing the crime had hate on his mind when he did it. Out of desparation one may rob a store and shot the teller out of fear not hate, wheather the teller was black, gay, chinese,.... doesn't matter it is a crime. Adding the term hate only gives certian people in society an advantage over others that commit crimes for other reasons than hate. Does it sound like I am talking in circles? Because it sounds like that to me.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #12
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The fact that when a crime is committed is enough and then they say it is hate. How can anyone know if the person committing the crime had hate on his mind when he did it. Out of desparation one may rob a store and shot the teller out of fear not hate, wheather the teller was black, gay, chinese,.... doesn't matter it is a crime. Adding the term hate only gives certian people in society an advantage over others that commit crimes for other reasons than hate. Does it sound like I am talking in circles? Because it sounds like that to me.
Wow. Somebody else gets it and I'm not completely alone. Comforting.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #13
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

well since there isn't anything more important to do in washington it's good they are concentrating on this

this is going to open a whole other avenue in our corrupted judicial system.

complete b.s.
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #14
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,073
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

There will be a whole new wing of government (hate crimes task force)dedicated to investigating hate crimes wheather they are or are not hate crimes. And not to mention the amount of money to be spent on this new task force. A crime is a crime, why attach a name to it? Like you said BS
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #15
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It sounds like that school bus beating would qualify if it was around (but probably wouldn't anyway).
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #16
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
It sounds like that school bus beating would qualify if it was around (but probably wouldn't anyway).
fail.

this legislation does not apply if the crime is committed by a black, hispanic, oriental, indian, arab or homosexual.

this only applies to white american born males whether it was in defense or not.
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #17
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I'm not saying embrace people you don't like. I'm just saying be a good American citizen and allow people to live a life different than yours. If you really wish to participate in hate acts and smack around people that don't think exactly like you, move to the middle east and become a Muslum.
Quote:
violent attacks were already illegal regardless of motive.
Ding ding ding we have 2 winners
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #18
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,073
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I heard today that in the bill to fund the military also is the bill for hate crimes legislation.
To me this sounds like a dirty trick to get hate crimes bill passed and funding for the military.
So if one is against the hate crimes bill and does not vote for it, then he is labelled as one to not support the military.
Why are they allowed to combine one bill with another in this fashion?
It is a way of deception that the use to get their way. Sad sooo sad that the dems have to stoop to a new low to get what they want
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #19
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I heard today that in the bill to fund the military also is the bill for hate crimes legislation.
To me this sounds like a dirty trick to get hate crimes bill passed and funding for the military.
So if one is against the hate crimes bill and does not vote for it, then he is labelled as one to not support the military.
Why are they allowed to combine one bill with another in this fashion?
It is a way of deception that the use to get their way. Sad sooo sad that the dems have to stoop to a new low to get what they want
That my friend is a pork barrel in all its glory and unfortunately both sides are very guilty of doing this.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #20
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,073
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

It seems like something wrong with that.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright ©2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21838 seconds with 50 queries