Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #1
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 15,223
iTrader: (5)
09 Wrangler recall #RRT-09-058

Anyone know what it is?
I called the dealer this morning and "their computer system is down"
the only thing the service department could think it may be is cracked spark plugs...
__________________
Associate Membership Secretary/Membership Secretary
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Support The Sport!

We must all go through a rite of passage and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark.
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #2
special k
Senior Member
 
special k's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-14-08
Location: South Lyon 48178
Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (38)
it's possibly to lube soft top zippers. i know the 08's had it.
special k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #3
creeping death
I'm that guy.
 
creeping death's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-11-08
Location: MUSKEGON, MI. 49442
Posts: 7,348
iTrader: (74)
Quote:
Originally Posted by special k View Post
it's possibly to lube soft top zippers. i know the 08's had it.
it's a hard top.
__________________
You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker.
creeping death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #4
special k
Senior Member
 
special k's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-14-08
Location: South Lyon 48178
Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping death View Post
it's a hard top.
well then it's not softtop zippers
special k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
call a dealer in grand rapids
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #6
nickb304
Senior Member
 
nickb304's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: jackson/mi
Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)
A friend of mine just said something about this when we were playing cards last weekend. His uncle's new jeep burnt to the ground with 3000 miles on it while sitting in his driveway. I guess chrysler came and picked it up and they issued some recall a few weeks later.
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #7
spcagigas
Newbie
 
spcagigas's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-10-08
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusKegon_ZJ_gurl View Post
Anyone know what it is?
I called the dealer this morning and "their computer system is down"
the only thing the service department could think it may be is cracked spark plugs...
Hi there,

There's two easy places to check for recalls online: the NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation web page (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/index.cfm) and your vehicle manufacturer's web page...

The NHTSA web page includes a searchable database of all 'official' recalls (but only recalls that are mandated or coordinated by NHTSA).

For Jeep owners, the My Chrysler web page (http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/) has a recall search feature -- enter the last 8 digits of your VIN, and it will return all recalls that affect it.

According to the NHTSA web site, the only NHTSA campaign for 2009 Wranglers is #09V118000, which is for a wiring defect in the steering column that could prevent the driver's side airbag from deploying during an accident.

Note, though, that the recall number you posted doesn't match NHTSA's format for either recalls or defect investigations -- this may well be a Chrysler internal campaign, not a NHTSA one. In that case, all you can do is follow up with a Chrysler dealer...

Saludos,
Steve
spcagigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #8
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 15,223
iTrader: (5)
Thanks Steve!


This being my first new vehicle, I didn't know where to look for this information.
I did go to Chrysler's website and enter the recall number, it yielded 0 results.
I will now go to the NHTSA website to see what I can find there.
Again, Thanks for the info!
__________________
Associate Membership Secretary/Membership Secretary
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Support The Sport!

We must all go through a rite of passage and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark.
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #9
Junior5290
Senior Member
 
Junior5290's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-19-06
Location: Warren MI
Posts: 166
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Junior5290
All the RRT says Some vehicles equipped with a 3.3L or 3.8L engine (Sales code EGL, EGV or EGT) may have been built with cracked spark plugs. Dealers are required to replace the spark plugs.
Junior5290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #10
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 15,223
iTrader: (5)
I called Van Flikk, they're also as useful as the titts on a bull.
Saying that "its something that can be done at my next oil change"
(3070 miles from now)
Last night I went to the store and the low tire pressure warning light came on.
I pulled into the closest driveway and checked all 4 tires....pressure is good, right where it should be.
so far, I am NOT impressed with Chrysler service. those guys!
__________________
Associate Membership Secretary/Membership Secretary
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Support The Sport!

We must all go through a rite of passage and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark.

Last edited by MusKegon_ZJ_gurl; October 7th, 2009 at 06:10 AM.
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #11
GNJEEPN
Grumpy Grampa
 
GNJEEPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-06
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 2,263
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusKegon_ZJ_gurl View Post
I called Van Flikk, they're also as useful as the titts on a bull.
Saying that "its something that can be done at my next oil change"
(3070 miles from now)
Last night I went to the store and the low tire pressure warning light came on.
I pulled into the closest driveway and checked all 4 tires....pressure is good, right where it should be.
so far, I am NOT impressed with Chrysler service. those guys!
Did they offer to do it at your convenience or did they just try to blow you off till the next oil change? Not sure about how the service has been lately at Van Flikk since they seem to be getting rid of some of their best people. We hired one of their long time very knowledgeable tech's that they let go because he was making too much money. One of the best decisions we made. As for the tire pressure sensors. They are a pain in the ass especially on a vehicle that gets used off road. You need to find a dealer who will listen and take care of your problems. Sounds like Van Flik isn't meeting that bill. If you are looking for a good dealer ( here comes the worthless plug ) try K & M. They seam to bend over backwards to help their customers out.
__________________
../|. ,[______],
|---L =O|||||||O
()_) .()_)--~---)_)
GNJEEPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #12
ArcticCat843
Senior Member
 
ArcticCat843's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-30-07
Location: Battle Creek MI / Lima OH
Posts: 1,718
iTrader: (25)
Send a message via AIM to ArcticCat843
Did you check the spare tire pressure? I know on grand cherokees the light will come on if the spare is low, you dont even want to know how long it took me to figure that out lol

And as far as a good dealer,good luck in your hunt, i havent found a good one yet.
ArcticCat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #13
JeepInABox
Jeep yard art collector.
 
JeepInABox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-07
Location: Fenton
Posts: 2,265
iTrader: (8)
There are only 2 open recalls for 2009 JK
RC-J13-09 Safety Recall J13 - Steering Column Control Module
RC-H38-08 Customer Satisfaction Notification H38 - Primary Hood Latches

In 2008 JK there are 3
RC-H11-08 Customer Satisfaction Notification H11 - Radio Software Update
RC-H17-08 Safety Recall H17 - Rear Brake Tube Clearance
RC-H06-08 Emissions Recall H06 - Spark Plugs

Where did you get this # from? If it is in the mail it may have been mailed out before the recall procedure has been finilized and uploaded.
Even if they could bring it in for this they will not have the parts for it yet.

Wait a couple days or weeks

Last edited by JeepInABox; October 7th, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
JeepInABox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #14
GNJEEPN
Grumpy Grampa
 
GNJEEPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-06
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 2,263
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInABox View Post
There are only 2 open recalls for 2009 JK
RC-J13-09 Safety Recall J13 - Steering Column Control Module
RC-H38-08 Customer Satisfaction Notification H38 - Primary Hood Latches

In 2008 JK there are 3
RC-H11-08 Customer Satisfaction Notification H11 - Radio Software Update
RC-H17-08 Safety Recall H17 - Rear Brake Tube Clearance
RC-H06-08 Emissions Recall H06 - Spark Plugs

Where did you get this # from? If it is in the mail it may have been mailed out before the recall procedure has been finilized and uploaded.
Even if they could bring it in for this they will not have the parts for it yet.

Wait a couple days or weeks
RRT'S are not recalls. They are more like a tech bullitain. So no notification goes out to the customer.
__________________
../|. ,[______],
|---L =O|||||||O
()_) .()_)--~---)_)
GNJEEPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #15
JeepInABox
Jeep yard art collector.
 
JeepInABox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-07
Location: Fenton
Posts: 2,265
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNJEEPN View Post
RRT'S are not recalls. They are more like a tech bullitain. So no notification goes out to the customer.
So where did she get the #?
JeepInABox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #16
Blue XJ
The Green Machine
 
Blue XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sterling Heights
Posts: 3,531
iTrader: (27)
Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNJEEPN View Post
RRT'S are not recalls. They are more like a tech bullitain. So no notification goes out to the customer.
It a rapid response, my dealer just does them at oil changes, they aren't critical enough to have you bring the vehicle in, but they need to be addressed at some point.
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #17
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,341
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcagigas View Post
Hi there,

There's two easy places to check for recalls online: the NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation web page (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/index.cfm) and your vehicle manufacturer's web page...

The NHTSA web page includes a searchable database of all 'official' recalls (but only recalls that are mandated or coordinated by NHTSA).

For Jeep owners, the My Chrysler web page (http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/) has a recall search feature -- enter the last 8 digits of your VIN, and it will return all recalls that affect it.

According to the NHTSA web site, the only NHTSA campaign for 2009 Wranglers is #09V118000, which is for a wiring defect in the steering column that could prevent the driver's side airbag from deploying during an accident.

Note, though, that the recall number you posted doesn't match NHTSA's format for either recalls or defect investigations -- this may well be a Chrysler internal campaign, not a NHTSA one. In that case, all you can do is follow up with a Chrysler dealer...

Saludos,
Steve
No recall on my '07 softop zippers. Were you being serious about 2008 zipper lube??? If so, what the heck was the difference b/w '07 and '08
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #18
GNJEEPN
Grumpy Grampa
 
GNJEEPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-06
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 2,263
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInABox View Post
So where did she get the #?
Probably from the dealer. When you take your vehicle in the new procedure from Chrysler is the writer is suppose to check to see if there are any open RRT's for the vehicle. Then ask if the customer wants the repairs preformed. It is vollentary on the customers part if they want them done.
__________________
../|. ,[______],
|---L =O|||||||O
()_) .()_)--~---)_)
GNJEEPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #19
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 15,223
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNJEEPN View Post
Did they offer to do it at your convenience or did they just try to blow you off till the next oil change? Not sure about how the service has been lately at Van Flikk since they seem to be getting rid of some of their best people. We hired one of their long time very knowledgeable tech's that they let go because he was making too much money. One of the best decisions we made. As for the tire pressure sensors. They are a pain in the ass especially on a vehicle that gets used off road. You need to find a dealer who will listen and take care of your problems. Sounds like Van Flik isn't meeting that bill. If you are looking for a good dealer ( here comes the worthless plug ) try K & M. They seam to bend over backwards to help their customers out.
Thats is exactly what happened with Van Flikk, Preferred made an appoinment. this is the first time they've cooperated with me on anything. If the asshattery continues I will give K&M a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticCat843 View Post
Did you check the spare tire pressure? I know on grand cherokees the light will come on if the spare is low, you dont even want to know how long it took me to figure that out lol

And as far as a good dealer,good luck in your hunt, i havent found a good one yet.
No I didn't check the spare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInABox View Post
There are only 2 open recalls for 2009 JK
RC-J13-09 Safety Recall J13 - Steering Column Control Module
RC-H38-08 Customer Satisfaction Notification H38 - Primary Hood Latches

In 2008 JK there are 3
RC-H11-08 Customer Satisfaction Notification H11 - Radio Software Update
RC-H17-08 Safety Recall H17 - Rear Brake Tube Clearance
RC-H06-08 Emissions Recall H06 - Spark Plugs

Where did you get this # from? If it is in the mail it may have been mailed out before the recall procedure has been finilized and uploaded.
Even if they could bring it in for this they will not have the parts for it yet.

Wait a couple days or weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInABox View Post
So where did she get the #?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInABox View Post
So where did she get the #?
From Preferred Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep(FKA Family Auto Center)



Turns out Junior5290 is dead on, it is cracked spark plugs and I have an appoinment Monday @ 5:15pm to have them replaced.
Thanks for all your help guys!
__________________
Associate Membership Secretary/Membership Secretary
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Support The Sport!

We must all go through a rite of passage and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark.
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #20
kmas
Senior Member
 
kmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-04-09
Location: Bay City
Posts: 222
iTrader: (1)
gnomes............they are into everything
kmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24733 seconds with 50 queries