Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > The Great Outdoors
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Great Outdoors Guns, Cannons, Fishing, Camping, and other fun stuff







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #1
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 'New' Bike rack

Just Got a bike rack of Criagslist for my Vehicles. Got tired of putting them in the van on top of each other.





The only reason I'm sharing this Info is because I got it for $20. Everything Besides the Trek bike. Also, you may think "Well Scott, It's on top of a Van isn't that hard to get the bikes on" And that's when I say "No actually. It's really easy. I just open up the Sliding door, take the bike by the fork and the down tube, stand up on the step by the middle seat and boom, it's in the rack. Couldn't be easier. WOOT!
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #2
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,766
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Cool story bro
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #3
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,077
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Now you have room in the van for all the camping gear too. Have fun with that Scott.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #4
boggin-machine
Senior Member
 
boggin-machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: bay city
Posts: 11,632
iTrader: (31)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

wow.......... ooooowwwww ahhhhh
__________________
08 qcsb Duramax Ltz
02 tj with some parts laying around **for sale**
08 crf 450 with a few goodies
boggin-machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #5
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,394
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

I had a saris bike rack - great utility & you can get a cable that you can loop through your bikes and then slide in the t-slots to lock down.

Great buy @ $20! I bought my old one at shop cost for $250 over 10 years ago!
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #6
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,394
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

BUY ME!!!!!

__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #7
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Is that a lincare or lyncare or lynncare however the hell you spell it, van? If so I thought you were a preacher man not in respiratory DME?
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #8
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
Cool story bro
Obviously I thought so. Thought it was a Great deal. I know, You're jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Now you have room in the van for all the camping gear too. Have fun with that Scott.
That's The plan.......If I can get her into Cycling a bit more. We've been "training" for a Fundraiser we're doing for our ministry and she's been cranking out the miles. Last Monday she did her first 6 miles on a bike; Yesterday (in the wind) she did 13. She's was wiped out from that ride but is Extremely excited to be riding. WOOT! One of my dreams come true, I hope she keeps going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
It actually came with one. The only problem is that the guy didn't have the keys for the bars. I'm going to have to see if I can do something about that. For now I just have a Bike lock running into the van around the Handle on the inside.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinRRT View Post
Is that a lincare or lyncare or lynncare however the hell you spell it, van? If so I thought you were a preacher man not in respiratory DME?

Nope, Not one of those. The front says "Living for Christ" So it fits the "preacher man" part. If that's what you're thinking. The truck club I'm in is called "lifted 4 Christ" and I thought it'd be weird to put That on a Van that is not yet, nor will it ever be, lifted. The only reason they let me be in the club is because I'm the Electrician of the group.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #9
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Nope, Not one of those. The front says "Living for Christ" So it fits the "preacher man" part. If that's what you're thinking. The truck club I'm in is called "lifted 4 Christ" and I thought it'd be weird to put That on a Van that is not yet, nor will it ever be, lifted. The only reason they let me be in the club is because I'm the Electrician of the group.
that makes more sense. Your sticker looks like the same font used by a respiratory home supply business, called lincare. Nice bike rack btw, I am a bit jealous, I searched forever to find a nice one for my saab, I sold the car before I ever found a decent rack .
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #10
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,394
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
It actually came with one. The only problem is that the guy didn't have the keys for the bars. I'm going to have to see if I can do something about that. For now I just have a Bike lock running into the van around the Handle on the inside.
I still have a solution for you - find a REAL locksmith shop and have him make you a new key that fits your current lock cylinder. He'll find the right key blank and then go about custom filing it (while inspecting it though a magnifying headpiece) to work. Took ten minutes and maybe $20 - 3 spare cut keys included.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #11
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
I still have a solution for you - find a REAL locksmith shop and have him make you a new key that fits your current lock cylinder. He'll find the right key blank and then go about custom filing it (while inspecting it though a magnifying headpiece) to work. Took ten minutes and maybe $20 - 3 spare cut keys included.
Thanks! I planned on it once I got paid next.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > The Great Outdoors
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.13958 seconds with 34 queries