Bought a new pistol yesterday - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #21
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,984
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
Love my XDm.40. Shoots like a dream with no fail to fire issues at all. The triple safety feature is a definite plus on the gun. And 16 + 1 rounds is great. Get an extra mag and you can fill 1 short of a full box of ammo.
I bought an extra mag for my XDM9.

Having the mag holster and gun on my belt, pretty crazy to have two 19 round mags and 19+1 in the gun ready for action. 58 rounds total.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #22
High Center Hancho
In the band!
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,062
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

are you going for a deep conceal?
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #23
kp99xj
Senior Member
 
kp99xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-09
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 343
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I just bought an XDm-9 last week after looking for a while at different ones. I am very happy with it so far.
kp99xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #24
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,030
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

i love my full size xd 45 with the 4" barrel. shoots great and i have had no problems with it!
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #25
B
NINJA DEALER
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-17-08
Location: BROWNSTOWN, MI
Posts: 2,618
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i have the compact 9 and the sub compact 40 i carry the sub, to me the uncle mikes brand holster works well with those, the stock holster they give you in the kits sucks. but great gun i've had mine for probly 3 years at least, never an issue and i go to the range alot (i live about 2 miles from top gun) good choice!
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #26
High Center Hancho
In the band!
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,062
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

what about deep conceal
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #27
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,092
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I bought an extra mag for my XDM9.

Having the mag holster and gun on my belt, pretty crazy to have two 19 round mags and 19+1 in the gun ready for action. 58 rounds total.
When I took my CPL course the instructor said that statistics have shown that when firing your weapon at an attacker, that you will empty your mag most times. So.... have a spare mag, yes and a third, why not there may be more than one to shoot at.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #28
itchy
Senior Member
 
itchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-11-06
Location: Brownstown, MI. 48174
Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
what about deep conceal
Well, kinda. I didnt think that I would be able to totaly hide it since it is a little big for full concealment, but I bought "in the pants" style holster made by Crossbreed, and you cant even tell its there. Its a right hand draw for the small of your back, but I cant get a good grip on it when I wear it in the middle. But even off to the right side it is still fully concealed.

Me and Unclebeaner went to Top Gun yesterday to "lay down some lead"
OK thats the last gangster moment I'll have I swear.
Anyway, I absolutely love the XD. Put about 150 rounds through it, very smooth and accurate. Then we got distracted and rented the S&W 500. All I have to say about that thing is ouch, and holy fawkin hell. I want one.

itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #29
Porter
.........................
 
Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-07
Location: Romeo
Posts: 16,741
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Well, kinda. I didnt think that I would be able to totaly hide it since it is a little big for full concealment, but I bought "in the pants" style holster made by Crossbreed, and you cant even tell its there. Its a right hand draw for the small of your back, but I cant get a good grip on it when I wear it in the middle. But even off to the right side it is still fully concealed.

Me and Unclebeaner went to Top Gun yesterday to "lay down some lead"
OK thats the last gangster moment I'll have I swear.
Anyway, I absolutely love the XD. Put about 150 rounds through it, very smooth and accurate. Then we got distracted and rented the S&W 500. All I have to say about that thing is ouch, and holy fawkin hell. I want one.

Good deal......the XD is a good gun

Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #30
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,984
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
When I took my CPL course the instructor said that statistics have shown that when firing your weapon at an attacker, that you will empty your mag most times. So.... have a spare mag, yes and a third, why not there may be more than one to shoot at.
FBI statistics also show that about 90% (it's more, but don't know exact percentage) of violent encounters are with one assailant, and only 2-3 rounds are fired.

I do not carry my XDm with two mags daily. I'll carry just the gun in the winter, but my main carry right now is a Ruger LCP.

I was decked out with the whole two mag and gun get-up while up north shooting.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #31
gonepostal
Senior Member
 
gonepostal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-13-06
Location: Alma, MI
Posts: 555
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Can't go wrong with the springfield, I have the 4" barrel xd 45 and love it.
gonepostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #32
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I shot this today as well as a few others, I was really hoping for good things with it because of this thread. It shot nice but I shot the glocks first and a few xd quirks I couldnt get used to. One, the grip safety wasnt the most comfortable but With more time I could see it not bothering me. Second, i got a little more up recoil with it vs the 27 in the .40. I dont know if it was the grip angle or whatever, not a huge deal but a quirk for me. Im jealous for sure since I left empty handed today . I did like it though, I know it wasnt that far,(7 yards) but not shooting a pistol essentially ever, with every gun I shot I put a 5 shot group in or on the 10 ring. The XD was actually one of my better groups. I cant say enough about how well the guns in this class shoot, both .40 and 9mm

Last edited by jeepinRRT; September 15th, 2009 at 10:13 PM.
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #33
itchy
Senior Member
 
itchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-11-06
Location: Brownstown, MI. 48174
Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Ya it does have a little more recoil than I expected for a 9mm, (more than my 40 cal. Browning Hi-Power), but very smooth and comfortable for me. Although the 40 does have almost an inch longer barrell.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #34
High Center Hancho
In the band!
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,062
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Ya it does have a little more recoil than I expected for a 9mm, (more than my 40 cal. Browning Hi-Power), but very smooth and comfortable for me. Although the 40 does have almost an inch longer barrell.
I'd say the recoil is in your head...not many pistols have more recoil than a 40, those things have a sharp snap...and nothing beats a deep conceal...the deeper the better
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #35
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,092
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
FBI statistics also show that about 90% (it's more, but don't know exact percentage) of violent encounters are with one assailant, and only 2-3 rounds are fired.

I do not carry my XDm with two mags daily. I'll carry just the gun in the winter, but my main carry right now is a Ruger LCP.

I was decked out with the whole two mag and gun get-up while up north shooting.
Maybe my instructor had old intel. It would be the individual that would determine how many bullets to shoot, I guess if the attacker is still moving, keep shooting?

I have and carry a Sig p232 with an extra mag. How do you like your Ruger?
When you were up north shooting all decked out, what were you hunting with a pistol? Criminals
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #36
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,827
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

I'm bringing this back up because I have decided t go wi the Springfield xd 40sub also. I was at Jays getting a feel for some of my short list guns and they wanted $495 for the all black model. What are you guys that just got them paying? What was top gun charging? Thanks
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #37
mean_greenEXJAY
YJ now
 
mean_greenEXJAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Vicksburg, MI
Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
the deeper the better
mean_greenEXJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #38
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,623
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I just got a XD 45 for $500, extra mags and such.
The 9 or .45 should be easier to get ammo for
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #39
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,827
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
I just got a XD 45 for $500, extra mags and such.
The 9 or .45 should be easier to get ammo for
Well at Jays in Clare they have a ton of .40 ammo. Everything from target to hollow points and everything inbetween. They had some 45, 9mil luger, and some 38. No 32, 380, 9mil. I go to some other stores on my route and they are getting in a little of everything too now. I like the .40's size and feel for my hands. I didn't see the .45 there.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #40
zjrick
Member
 
zjrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-09
Location: Jackson/MI
Posts: 75
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinRRT View Post
I shot this today as well as a few others, I was really hoping for good things with it because of this thread. It shot nice but I shot the glocks first and a few xd quirks I couldnt get used to. One, the grip safety wasnt the most comfortable but With more time I could see it not bothering me. Second, i got a little more up recoil with it vs the 27 in the .40. I dont know if it was the grip angle or whatever, not a huge deal but a quirk for me. Im jealous for sure since I left empty handed today . I did like it though, I know it wasnt that far,(7 yards) but not shooting a pistol essentially ever, with every gun I shot I put a 5 shot group in or on the 10 ring. The XD was actually one of my better groups. I cant say enough about how well the guns in this class shoot, both .40 and 9mm
I bought a little heavier spring to help control the recoil and now with Tru-glo night sights this is a great gun to shoot.
zjrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32352 seconds with 80 queries