Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Rig Builds and Pics Introduce your rig or post a buildup here.







Search
View Poll Results: Should I make a rat rod out of my turd Honda or fix it up.
Rat Rods are what cool, and besides, everything Nuggets owns looks like a rat rod. 41 38.68%
For the love of God, put some effort into this project and fix it up. 46 43.40%
I'm a closed minded a-hole who will make nasty comments because I'm jealous. 19 17.92%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #241
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post


I have a set waiting around here for the same treatment.
I've been busy with my office/shitter remodeling project at night but I'm still going to find time to tinker with the little POS.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM   #242
jeepjumper
Does not own a jeep...
 
jeepjumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-12-11
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,259
iTrader: (2)
I showed this build to my brother and he was soooooo pissed. He's restoring one of these right now. lol
jeepjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:01 PM   #243
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjumper View Post
I showed this build to my brother and he was soooooo pissed. He's restoring one of these right now. lol
Tough shit, it's my car, besides, it was beyond restoring it had so much rust.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:19 PM   #244
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,008
iTrader: (41)
Is it done yet?
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #245
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Is it done yet?
2011 was a very bad year for me with mom, job, and heath issues. Since I reopened my business, I have been working 70-80 weeks with not much time for anything else. When I am done remodeling my office I would like to start showing my little car some love.

Somebody approached me about buying some AZs for parts. I went and looked at them, there were six cars sitting under trees and sinking into the mud. Their conditions ranged from poor to iron oxide with glass. The person wanted to sell them as a group but the old fukc wouldn't give me a price. He was convinced that I would basically wash off four of the cars, put in a battery, and drive to California even though they've been sitting for one or two decades in the same spot. I offered him $750 for the lot figuring they were mostly scap. They guy got offended but would not give me a counter offer. Fuck that crazy old bastard.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #246
jeepjumper
Does not own a jeep...
 
jeepjumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-12-11
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,259
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Tough shit, it's my car, besides, it was beyond restoring it had so much rust.
I'm not dissen it, i think its pretty cool
jeepjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #247
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjumper View Post
I'm not dissen it, i think its pretty cool
I could see your friends point if I took a restorable car and cut it up but my car was far beyond restoration. It had a shit ton of rust in various seams and other bad spots.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #248
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,722
iTrader: (7)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Why would you restore an az 600???
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #249
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
Why would you restore an az 600???
I would if I could find a decent example.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #250
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,008
iTrader: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
2011 was a very bad year for me with mom, job, and heath issues. Since I reopened my business, I have been working 70-80 weeks with not much time for anything else. When I am done remodeling my office I would like to start showing my little car some love.

Somebody approached me about buying some AZs for parts. I went and looked at them, there were six cars sitting under trees and sinking into the mud. Their conditions ranged from poor to iron oxide with glass. The person wanted to sell them as a group but the old fukc wouldn't give me a price. He was convinced that I would basically wash off four of the cars, put in a battery, and drive to California even though they've been sitting for one or two decades in the same spot. I offered him $750 for the lot figuring they were mostly scap. They guy got offended but would not give me a counter offer. Fuck that crazy old bastard.

I understand, 2011 was the worst year for me as well for numerous reasons and my mom is dying of cancer.

But I look forward to seeing the project progress, maybe it will give me the motivation I need to get back working on mine.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM   #251
dakotaguy1
DODGE POWER!
 
dakotaguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-07-07
Location: White Lake,MI
Posts: 1,772
iTrader: (17)
Send a message via AIM to dakotaguy1
Any Progress?
dakotaguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:11 PM   #252
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotaguy1 View Post
Any Progress?
Not lately. I've had my hands full remodeling my office and keeping ahead of the work. I see it every day and it begs me to work on it but it has to wait just a little longer.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:02 PM   #253
BigBird
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!
 
BigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Location: Soo, Ontario
Posts: 3,957
iTrader: (8)
Need update Nuggets...

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2...
__________________
Cheap Thrills Off Road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beefy View Post
I have not ate in months
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #254
BigBird
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!
 
BigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Location: Soo, Ontario
Posts: 3,957
iTrader: (8)
Bumpity... Just showing the guys here at work... They Love it....
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #255
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Bumpity... Just showing the guys here at work... They Love it....
Thanks! I've decided to put the Honda on the back burner for awhile because of the massive amount of work it needs at this moment. I'm working on another project right now that I hope will have running in a few months. My new project isn't a complete teardown and rebuild like the Honda. I don't want to post a thread about it right now because I don't want people bashing me about this other vehicle I'm building. I'm sure you'll like the other thing I'm building because it is weird and unique like just about everything I build.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #256
ChevyRacer1981
Throw'in turtles........
 
ChevyRacer1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-07-08
Location: Sagnasty / MI
Posts: 2,358
iTrader: (32)
I was just looking at this build thread on W G M yesterday wondering if it was any farther along. Drove by your shop last weekend and it looked too busy to stop in. Glad to hear things are looking up in the 2012.
ChevyRacer1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #257
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacer1981 View Post
I was just looking at this build thread on W G M yesterday wondering if it was any farther along. Drove by your shop last weekend and it looked too busy to stop in. Glad to hear things are looking up in the 2012.
I've got my hands full lately with upgrading my building, keeping ahead of the work, and getting my own stuff done. I can't complain.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #258
BigBird
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!
 
BigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Location: Soo, Ontario
Posts: 3,957
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Thanks! I've decided to put the Honda on the back burner for awhile because of the massive amount of work it needs at this moment. I'm working on another project right now that I hope will have running in a few months. My new project isn't a complete teardown and rebuild like the Honda. I don't want to post a thread about it right now because I don't want people bashing me about this other vehicle I'm building. I'm sure you'll like the other thing I'm building because it is weird and unique like just about everything I build.
Sweet... Can't wait
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #259
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
I've been doing some soul searching about the Honda and I think I'm going to take a step backwards on the project. I really don't like how the frame turned out and I've come up with a way to move the engine much more forward in the car. I am going to use much smaller tubing for the frame, and integrate a full cage that will be used as a stressed member. This way, my 6' frame will fit in the car better and I will be able to run the pro street style rear wheels I want to.

In the mean time, I will continue on the other car I'm building. I am not releasing details about the build until I'm much further along. This project is not a from the ground up build so it should take much less effort.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #260
ChevyRacer1981
Throw'in turtles........
 
ChevyRacer1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-07-08
Location: Sagnasty / MI
Posts: 2,358
iTrader: (32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I've been doing some soul searching about the Honda and I think I'm going to take a step backwards on the project. I really don't like how the frame turned out and I've come up with a way to move the engine much more forward in the car. I am going to use much smaller tubing for the frame, and integrate a full cage that will be used as a stressed member. This way, my 6' frame will fit in the car better and I will be able to run the pro street style rear wheels I want to.

In the mean time, I will continue on the other car I'm building. I am not releasing details about the build until I'm much further along. This project is not a from the ground up build so it should take much less effort.
Can't wait to see it......again. LOL
ChevyRacer1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20091 seconds with 51 queries