Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > Rules, Regulations, Trail, and ORV Park Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #241
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,933
iTrader: (21)
I think 95geo is spot on. The pics shown above of Warn Valley could be run with a typical jeep on 33's and one locker.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #242
nickb304
Senior Member
 
nickb304's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: jackson/mi
Posts: 611
iTrader: (0)
Bareback Trail. Had a hell of a time getting around that big berm with the stumps on the inside. So I am guessing fix means making it harder so Nick can't go through with his fullsize anymore?
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #243
ChadSmeltzer
Senior Member
 
ChadSmeltzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-23-07
Location: Three Rivers, Mi
Posts: 961
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmeltzer View Post
If I pay the $15 to get in, does that cover both my ATV and my Jeep or is it $15 per vehicle?
bump for the question, I need to know if I should fix my quad or not.
__________________
04 TJ - 35's, locked, 4link
ChadSmeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #244
jeepfrk
Senior Member
 
jeepfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-20-05
Location: Jackson MI
Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I think 95geo is spot on. The pics shown above of Warn Valley could be run with a typical jeep on 33's and one locker.
The driver in the photo told me that he wenched three or four times Good luck without a wench
jeepfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #245
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!
 
Swampdog02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Location: Horton, MI
Posts: 978
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmeltzer View Post
bump for the question, I need to know if I should fix my quad or not.

If you show up SOLO, with your Quad and your Jeep, then you only pay $15 total. If you bring a friend, your quad, and your Jeep, you're both going to pay $15.
NOW GO FIX YOUR QUAD!

Thanks.
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #246
ChadSmeltzer
Senior Member
 
ChadSmeltzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-23-07
Location: Three Rivers, Mi
Posts: 961
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog02 View Post
If you show up SOLO, with your Quad and your Jeep, then you only pay $15 total. If you bring a friend, your quad, and your Jeep, you're both going to pay $15.
NOW GO FIX YOUR QUAD!

Thanks.
Actually we are thinking 1 Jeep and 2 quads, with 2 people. So it would still be just $15 each then?
__________________
04 TJ - 35's, locked, 4link
ChadSmeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #247
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!
 
Swampdog02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Location: Horton, MI
Posts: 978
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmeltzer View Post
Actually we are thinking 1 Jeep and 2 quads, with 2 people. So it would still be just $15 each then?
Yep, $15 each.
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #248
jeepnxj96
Senior Member
 
jeepnxj96's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-07
Location: Allegan,Mi
Posts: 2,923
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfrk View Post
The driver in the photo told me that he wenched three or four times Good luck without a wench
I winched 3 times, had I had a locker in the front I probably could have made it with out winching. getting set up for the second part of the valley is the hardest part. the only body damage I suffered is a broken tail light and some scratches along the driver side and maybe a couple new body lines in the door can't remember if those were there before or not. A level 4 rating is a bit high IMO, a 3 would be better suited I think
jeepnxj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #249
_Kyle_
Senior Member
 
_Kyle_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-09
Location: Montgomery Village, MD/Lambertville, MI
Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to _Kyle_
Looks like I need to do some more scoping next time i'm there. I was with a stock Tacoma and his friends, so we just checked out the property in general. Like I said before, a cool place that looks to have a bright future for wheeling in a part of MI with more or less nothing.
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #250
cvwindows
I think I can make it!!!!
 
cvwindows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Manitou Beach
Posts: 2,177
iTrader: (9)
I drove up warn valley with my rig and I am not sure I spun a tire. I do think a locked front and rear rig on 33 to 35 could go through with reasonable ease. I do think it is a great trail and fun even for me but not a 4 rating.
cvwindows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #251
jeepnxj96
Senior Member
 
jeepnxj96's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-07
Location: Allegan,Mi
Posts: 2,923
iTrader: (10)
it is a fun trail, I want to go back and try some of the other ravines though, there is quite a bit I didn't get to do. I will be back with a different jeep though, same configuration just different shell, Bundy was the last ride for my XJ, rust has gottent the better of it.
jeepnxj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #252
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!
 
Swampdog02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Location: Horton, MI
Posts: 978
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvwindows View Post
I drove up warn valley with my rig and I am not sure I spun a tire. I do think a locked front and rear rig on 33 to 35 could go through with reasonable ease. I do think it is a great trail and fun even for me but not a 4 rating.
Fair Enough.
We'll get the staff together and discuss it.
Thanks for all the input, and keep it coming.
Our goal is to make this place the best it can be for everyone.
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #253
02trailblazin
FROM JEEPS TO TRACKERS
 
02trailblazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-24-09
Location: Jerome,MI
Posts: 980
iTrader: (8)
i had a great time gettin stuck in my xj. good thing i hit the trails before the mud.lol

Last edited by 02trailblazin; September 28th, 2009 at 08:33 PM.
02trailblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #254
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,933
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog02 View Post
Fair Enough.
We'll get the staff together and discuss it.
Thanks for all the input, and keep it coming.
Our goal is to make this place the best it can be for everyone.
Please don't take some of the comments negatively. We're just trying to help you put things in perspective.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #255
cvwindows
I think I can make it!!!!
 
cvwindows's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Manitou Beach
Posts: 2,177
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Please don't take some of the comments negatively. We're just trying to help you put things in perspective.

x2
cvwindows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #256
95geo
newbie
 
95geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: dryden
Posts: 5,774
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Please don't take some of the comments negatively. We're just trying to help you put things in perspective.
agreed.
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #257
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!
 
Swampdog02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Location: Horton, MI
Posts: 978
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Please don't take some of the comments negatively. We're just trying to help you put things in perspective.

It's all good! We really do appreciate the feedback.
I can totally see where you guys are coming from with this one.
When we built it, maybe it was a 3? But now with 2 weekends of wheeling, it's found it place as a 2.
This is the kind of discussion we need to make the place the best wheeling spot in the State, and or the Mid-West someday.

Seriously Thank You!
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #258
502 YJ
Senior Member
 
502 YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-09
Location: bundy hill, MI
Posts: 116
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog02 View Post
It's all good! We really do appreciate the feedback.
I can totally see where you guys are coming from with this one.
When we built it, maybe it was a 3? But now with 2 weekends of wheeling, it's found it place as a 2.
This is the kind of discussion we need to make the place the best wheeling spot in the State, and or the Mid-West someday.

Seriously Thank You!
Well said special Ed.Thanks everybody for your input because this is what we need for sure. I have been working trying to find us some more rocks for the park so if anybody has any ideas let us know? Also checking on a dozer and backhoe so we can build some cool sht. So hangin there guys you as well as i do this place is a diamond in the rough.Thanks again from everybody at Bundy hill.
502 YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #259
jeepfrk
Senior Member
 
jeepfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-20-05
Location: Jackson MI
Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 YJ View Post
Well said special Ed.Thanks everybody for your input because this is what we need for sure. I have been working trying to find us some more rocks for the park so if anybody has any ideas let us know? Also checking on a dozer and backhoe so we can build some cool sht. So hangin there guys you as well as i do this place is a diamond in the rough.Thanks again from everybody at Bundy hill.
x3
jeepfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #260
nickb304
Senior Member
 
nickb304's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: jackson/mi
Posts: 611
iTrader: (0)
the place has some sick hills to climb if people start getting bored with the trails. i need to bring my bike out to scout out some creative lines.
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Land Use > Rules, Regulations, Trail, and ORV Park Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.44654 seconds with 51 queries