Christian Values in America. - Page 9 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 19th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #161
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I have some gay friends and they were born gay. They weren't even molested. I know that's a mindblower for you.
A ton of different groups of devients claim the same thing. Why can't you accept them and there ways as well????

The answer is, Your a BIGGOT. You justify your biggotry and you would descriminate based on your biggoted mind set.....

Your no different than a guy who hates blacks, women, old people, or poor people. You are simply justifying it in your own mind.

The government passed a new law today, you can't hate child molesters, and you can't use that as a reason for not hiring them.

Now you have to sit and listen to some proud child molester tell you about his sexual preference in a job interview, and you can'tdo anything about it.

You have to watch all you favorite shows and movies add the cool child molester character, and you have to like it.

You have to watch the onslaught of new child molester talk show hosts.

You have to watch the U.S. Senator/child molester talk about how his best intrest is your kids well being.

Yep your a biggot.....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #162
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I would care about your opinion on this if you were an M.D.

It was nice chattin', but now that i've got all the supplies gathered up, I'm outta here for 3 days on the Manistee River. Peace.

Good luck Brewmenn, Pete, GoodBUZZ.

Lets see. I'm not working, Health insurance is to high, I'm going to go screw off for the rest of the week......

Sounds like somewhere between Complacent and Apathy.....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #163
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
A ton of different groups of devients claim the same thing. Why can't you accept them and there ways as well????

The answer is, Your a BIGGOT. You justify your biggotry and you would descriminate based on your biggoted mind set.....

Your no different than a guy who hates blacks, women, old people, or poor people. You are simply justifying it in your own mind.

The government passed a new law today, you can't hate child molesters, and you can't use that as a reason for not hiring them.

Now you have to sit and listen to some proud child molester tell you about his sexual preference in a job interview, and you can'tdo anything about it.

You have to watch all you favorite shows and movies add the cool child molester character, and you have to like it.

You have to watch the onslaught of new child molester talk show hosts.

You have to watch the U.S. Senator/child molester talk about how his best intrest is your kids well being.

Yep your a biggot.....
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee slippery slopes are fun.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #164
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I don't have time to play catch up right now. I'll be back.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #165
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Or maybe he thought about it before and has hated himself for it ever since, and blames the gays for his self-hatred.

Or possibly he is thinking about it all the time and getting so upset about his desire to have some man meat in his pooter that he is acting hateful toward that so no one will suspect.

Maybe he is really uncomfortable taking a shower in a locker room with an open shower design.

Maybe he avoids certain clothes, cars, whatever because he thinks it might make him look 'gay'.





















BTW, I'm just kidding, so don't freak.
Careful I may pull a broncoholic on YOU
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #166
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I would care about your opinion on this if you were an M.D.

It was nice chattin', but now that i've got all the supplies gathered up, I'm outta here for 3 days on the Manistee River. Peace.

Good luck Brewmenn, Pete, GoodBUZZ.
Well, An M.D. I am not. Maybe you should ask your doctor next time you see him. Maybe I will.....Ok, Probably not. Anywho, have fun on the river. I would love to be doing that right about now.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #167
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Who's the ignorant one? Yes they are born that way, the same way you were born the way you were.
A persons inherant traits are who they likely will be by the time they reach 5 years of age. And I did not say you were ignorant, I said you were acting
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #168
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Who's the ignorant one? Yes they are born that way, the same way you were born the way you were.
So tell me then manba they were born that way, peodifilies were born that way, beastiality born that way. Sorry they all devients.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #169
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee slippery slopes are fun.
And I believe you guys will be the first at the bottom
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #170
traveller
Senior Member
 
traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-09
Location: williamston mi
Posts: 536
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Wouldn't it be worth the extra 150$ to be the one spending time with your children rather than the daycare person?
How about I take that $150 and use it to help my disabled son by paying for treatment insurance doesn't cover, like a responsible parent.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #171
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Yup. How libertarian of me...
Maybe there is hope for you yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Why do you guy always get this one wrong? Who told your kids they couldn't pray in school? Nobody. The simple fact is, school led/directed prayer was taken out of school because it should have never been there in the first place. Your kids can pray their asses off, the school just can't endorse a specific religion or lead a specific religious prayer.

I don't find the federal government to be overly intrusive. I also don't see them sticking their nose in my health care options, until yesterday, I saw them giving me another OPTION that could possibly give the insurance companies more competition, thus lowering their prices.
....well maybe not. You don't find the federal gov't to be intrusive? Really? It's like you are channeling the white house on the healthcare thing.

A consistant view point would lend credibility to everyone in this forum.

"Liberals" talk like Libertarians when it comes to gay marriage and abortion rights but want restrictions on most other rights and many don't accept that with rights come responsibilities.

"Christian conservatives" talk freedom and most accept responsibility with their rights but take exception on gay marriage and abortion.

Neither is consistant.

You either live by, believe in, and defend individual freedom or you don't. There is no grey area here.

The Libertarian view, my view, is that you are free to do whatever you wish so long as your actions don't intrude on another's freedom to do the as they wish.

That means I agree with conservatives on most everything but side with liberals on gay marriage and a few other points.

Abortion comes down to answering one question.... When do you have individual rights, birth, conception, in between? What I believe may not be what you believe, so I would leave the decision to the individual. My personal choice would be to never engage in abortion at any time, but I would never force my viewpoint onto another.

That is Libertarian.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #172
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
The problem here is that you have an either/or view. Just because I want to have some things work on what you might call a socialist principal, it doesn't mean I don't want capitalism and democracy, or a republic of individual rights. Look at so many other countries that have capitalist economies, democratic elections, and individual rights: they participate in world trade, stock markets, private-for profit businesses, multinational corporations, etc. Britain, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, etc. But they also have healthcare for everyone. Their public assistance programs for people out of work are also more effective than ours because they don't trap people in a Catch 22 of having to stay in it or go broke.
Excellent retort portraying your thoughts (without being a dick). My respect-o-meter just moved up a notch or two.

I personally don't have a problem with some type of universal heath car for our citizens. I'm not sure how it should be implemented, but it might be a good idea.

The reason I don't have a problem with a universal health care is that some people may be good honest contributors to our society but don't have the means to have a surgery or a treatment of some type. This same person that is trying to pull their weight in society now has to live in pain because of the inablity to pay for medical treatment.

As for as my interpretation of your origanil post, you came across as being in favor of taking away from the working and redistributing to the "needy". I am vehemently against rewarding the non-motivated. I hold those that will not try to help themselves in very low esteem. I've been in the position of having nothing and have had to build up my assets over a very long period of time. Since I have been working 50-80 hours a week for what seems like forever, I am alittle touchy when it come to people telling me I have more assets than I deserve and they want to "redistribute" what I've worked for to the "less fortunate".
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:26 AM   #173
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Excellent retort portraying your thoughts (without being a dick). My respect-o-meter just moved up a notch or two.

I personally don't have a problem with some type of universal heath car for our citizens. I'm not sure how it should be implemented, but it might be a good idea.

The reason I don't have a problem with a universal health care is that some people may be good honest contributors to our society but don't have the means to have a surgery or a treatment of some type. This same person that is trying to pull their weight in society now has to live in pain because of the inablity to pay for medical treatment.

As for as my interpretation of your origanil post, you came across as being in favor of taking away from the working and redistributing to the "needy". I am vehemently against rewarding the non-motivated. I hold those that will not try to help themselves in very low esteem. I've been in the position of having nothing and have had to build up my assets over a very long period of time. Since I have been working 50-80 hours a week for what seems like forever, I am alittle touchy when it come to people telling me I have more assets than I deserve and they want to "redistribute" what I've worked for to the "less fortunate".


Nothing to argue with here. I too have built my self worth up from nothing through hard work.

Welfare reform and Health care reform should be 2 different issues.

Do not punish those hard working people you mentioned because there are some that will not work.

The Welfare system should be a short term safety net to help people transition when circumstances warrant it. This is a way to keep the country strong. I have been on welfare, many years ago. I saw it as a way to help keep my family above water int he very short term. In fact, even the system pushed me to get off it. (not sure how people manage to stay on it long term) Because of that short term safety net, I once again became a contributing member of society.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:27 PM   #174
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
A ton of different groups of devients claim the same thing. Why can't you accept them and there ways as well????

The answer is, Your a BIGGOT. You justify your biggotry and you would descriminate based on your biggoted mind set.....

Your no different than a guy who hates blacks, women, old people, or poor people. You are simply justifying it in your own mind.

The government passed a new law today, you can't hate child molesters, and you can't use that as a reason for not hiring them.

Now you have to sit and listen to some proud child molester tell you about his sexual preference in a job interview, and you can'tdo anything about it.

You have to watch all you favorite shows and movies add the cool child molester character, and you have to like it.

You have to watch the onslaught of new child molester talk show hosts.

You have to watch the U.S. Senator/child molester talk about how his best intrest is your kids well being.

Yep your a biggot.....
This ^ is the dumbest thing I have ever read. You're comparing gays, who cause harm to nobody, to someone who causes the worst kind of harm to the least deserving people. Good try at arguing.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:32 PM   #175
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Why not have seperate facilities for people who can pay for their healthcare and those who can't? That way you won't have a bum come in and get his life saved while causing a holdup that causes someone who contributes to the plan to die.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM   #176
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Why not have seperate facilities for people who can pay for their healthcare and those who can't? That way you won't have a bum come in and get his life saved while causing a holdup that causes someone who contributes to the plan to die.
That could work. Low cost (but no free) no frills clinics where people without insurance could get basic health care. Everyone would get billed the same amount but would pay based upon thier ability to pay.

The problem would be finding medical preffesionals that wanted to work there. Maybe have a special student finacial aid program with one of the provisions be that they work at the "poor clinic" for so many years.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:44 PM   #177
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
This ^ is the dumbest thing I have ever read. You're comparing gays, who cause harm to nobody, to someone who causes the worst kind of harm to the least deserving people. Good try at arguing.

Your a biggot as well, your making the determination of who you approve of and who you don't approve of based on their sexual preferences.

You think thats OK for you but I can't say I don't like fags. What a biggot.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:47 PM   #178
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
That could work. Low cost (but no free) no frills clinics where people without insurance could get basic health care. Everyone would get billed the same amount but would pay based upon thier ability to pay.

The problem would be finding medical preffesionals that wanted to work there. Maybe have a special student finacial aid program with one of the provisions be that they work at the "poor clinic" for so many years.
All this happy BS is fine and dandy. I don't agree with it so why should I be forced to pay for it.
Lets fine tune your great idea to include contributions to it are not a requirement but are on a voluntary basis. Do you think it would work then?????

Last edited by Mr Toes - R.I.P.; August 21st, 2009 at 06:51 PM.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:09 PM   #179
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
All this happy BS is fine and dandy. I don't agree with it so why should I be forced to pay for it.
Lets fine tune your great idea to include contributions to it are not a requirement but are on a voluntary basis. Do you think it would work then?????
Will you let the pacifist that doesn't agree with war not have to pay for the military? Will you let the greenie that does not agree with driving not have to pay for the highway system? Will you let the Hispanic that does not agree with stopping illegal immigration not pay for it?

I don't know if it would work without government support. Maybe.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:49 PM   #180
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Will you let the pacifist that doesn't agree with war not have to pay for the military? Will you let the greenie that does not agree with driving not have to pay for the highway system? Will you let the Hispanic that does not agree with stopping illegal immigration not pay for it?

I don't know if it would work without government support. Maybe.
You know it won't or it would already have been done....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.42303 seconds with 80 queries